PDA

View Full Version : Your character and you.

Moses_Cuba
17th January 2014, 12:38 PM
It is nice and you will be respected if you develop your character, this isn't a big, massive guide - just some things to think about to improve your RP, just small stuff that could be seen by a admin who could give you a tiki for you RP, maybe the hitman director who may invite you or a gang that likes your RP.

It's nice doing /me and /do but that doesn't mean you are a roleplayer. I know people who use long /me and /do but they have bad rp, why? They aren't unique, they are a stereotype. For example, not every black gangbanger is obsessed with weed, drives a 64 impala and kills people for insulting them - along with the same "parents died" story - be unique, who is your character? Where does he live? What does she like? You know?

Your character could be a vegan. Maybe he is addicted to Cocaine. Maybe he is a snitch? Maybe she can't kill a person in cold-blood? Don't be a sheep, make your RP unique and fun as possible. People complain about the server being light-med rp, but it could change - if everyone RP's to there greatest ability, other great RP'ers who dislike SARP may be like " Oh, SARP looks good now" and come back - that's more RP'ers in the world.

And this is for "shemales", just because you roleplay a girl doesn't mean its bad. You need to roleplay them realistically - don't make them unrealistic, having sex with everyone - I notice alot of shemales just asslick to get what they want, roleplay unrealistically that generally makes you cringe - they are shemales. But if you roleplay a girl, make her emotions and shit you are a roleplayer.

If you are new, I would recommend RP to get money Matrunning 24/7 isn't fun - you can gamble RP'ly, roleplay a Mechanic, a taxi-driver or even a bodyguard. Roleplay with a gang, maybe you can sell stuff for the higher ranks - but if you want to take a legal route, a lawyer is a under-appreciated job, let's say a guy want's to get of MW, you could charge him $2000 per star, but do not RP it as a star, roleplay it as a charge. If he has 6 stars, 6 x 2000 = 12000 - that's enough for the cheapest ingame vehicle - you could soon earn a NGR or a Cheetah through hard work.

What's your characters background? Here are some samples.

Illegal Immigrant.
Legal Immigrant.
Grew up in the hood.
Born in luxury.
Grew up with his dad?
His mother?
Maybe her grand-parents?

Are they racist or sexist?

Just think off things like these, for example.

Moses grew up in Compton((Ganton)), but he was born in the Inglewood ((Idlewood)) hospital. He is related to Pako_Red. He doesn't like sports cars. He is addicted to Tobacco and Cocaine. He sometimes deals arms. He is a ex-convict. He is mildly racist and very sexist. He is a blood and wouldn't be seen dead in blue.

See? Just think off your character and roleplay them.

I hope this helps somehow.

Alexei
17th January 2014, 12:55 PM
Definitely agree on all points you've raised man, good job. You seem to have the grasp of what roleplay is so hopefully you can apply it to your character when in-game. :)

Solim
17th January 2014, 02:16 PM
I totally agree, building a character is one of, if not the most important part of RP in my eyes.

Good job on this.

L. Edgar Hoover
17th January 2014, 02:25 PM
It's a real good guide, though if you decorate the thread a bit, it'd make it better, because it's somehow easier to read when it's colorful.

overall; good job man.

Mathew
17th January 2014, 02:28 PM
yes im fbi and leave and lead balls and then become lspd r4

Kristian
17th January 2014, 02:32 PM
I totally agree, building a character is one of, if not the most important part of RP in my eyes.

Good job on this.

Honestly, I don't like how you're the one to speak about "building a stable character". You got recruited into the FBI, the "elite" public LEO faction after being the director of the Hitman Agency.

If that's the way you want it, mr. Biker.

Teodor
17th January 2014, 02:34 PM
There are a lot of good RPers out there that can do long /me's and /do's, but Its not all about that, and this guide proves it.
Koji Takamato, Willio Fiasco, are both not the greatest at /me's and /do's, but their characters are perfectly represented IG and they never go in faction, they stick to their story and character, and thats what makes them Heavy RPers, imo.

Oh, and if u get bored of your RP, you can always make alt accound and RP something else, maybe a LEO, who knows.

Very good guide, I think it'll help a lot of newbies that are still new to the RP.

Clemenza
17th January 2014, 02:35 PM

yes, you indeed lead balls

Roy_Devil
17th January 2014, 02:36 PM
I really like it, Good job man

NiggasBeLike
17th January 2014, 02:41 PM
Very helpful guide, and useful, thanks!

Ounce Khaza
17th January 2014, 02:43 PM
Good guide bro, the only problem with SARP, is people don't actually worry about their character development.

Cartorious.
17th January 2014, 02:47 PM
Well, in my opinion I have destroyed my character, because I have started as street gangsta roleplayer, and I have no idea how I turned to a FBI agent now. I have always been thinking to CK myself and start everything from 0, even level, but on other side I would lose few good things. It's still hard to decide, but I'm pretty sure that I will CK myself to start all realistic and again.
Anyways, this thread is very helpful, thanks for posting this, good job!

Kristian
17th January 2014, 02:51 PM
There are a lot of good RPers out there that can do long /me's and /do's, but Its not all about that, and this guide proves it.
Koji Takamato, Willio Fiasco, are both not the greatest at /me's and /do's, but their characters are perfectly represented IG and they never go in faction, they stick to their story and character, and thats what makes them Heavy RPers, imo.

Oh, and if u get bored of your RP, you can always make alt accound and RP something else, maybe a LEO, who knows.

Very good guide, I think it'll help a lot of newbies that are still new to the RP.

Koji Takamato, Willio Fiasco and Don Russo are prime examples. They've been around for ages, yet they have been sticking to the same kind of roleplay all the time, although their /me's and /do's doesn't have the most advanced vocabulary, but they are loyal to their own characters whilst making understandable roleplay, not some "/me slides his arm into his black jacket with brown buttons while grasping onto something that's black, flicking it out with the speed of 1mph, raising the black object in the direction of the offer while slowly pulling his right index finger backwards - letting a few sphere-formed bullets get to the target with the speed of 20mph as they penetrate his body", but something simple, understandable and that they can keep their character stable.

Joris
17th January 2014, 02:53 PM
yes very true

June Shady
17th January 2014, 06:35 PM
My RP life =

Gangsta

Rapper

Cop

Cop / Rapper

Rapper / Gangsta

Aquarius
17th January 2014, 06:40 PM
Thank you for this.

Mathew
17th January 2014, 07:13 PM
Honestly, I don't like how you're the one to speak about "building a stable character". You got recruited into the FBI, the "elite" public LEO faction after being the director of the Hitman Agency.

If that's the way you want it, mr. Biker.

im talking about johnny magic lol

Kristian
17th January 2014, 07:14 PM
im talking about johnny magic lol

Like no one knows what he's been previously.

Justin Fakie
17th January 2014, 08:17 PM
Glad to see character development becoming a thing on SARP. ^^

Koji_Takamato
8th March 2014, 10:23 AM
Man, I think the same as you and I've roleplaying the same character for over 3 years. Do you know what the most of people think about it?

:hurr: - It's bull*&#@. Why Koji stays doing the same *&#@ long this time? Haven't him thought yet about join in some faction? Such of idiot.

erh..:OhGod: - how about "wannabe" hitman?

The logic of sa-rp is, if you are not an asslicker, a hitman or them both, you don't have respect and can't be famous. Come on, a player must comes across every damn faction and family in sa-rp to have some credibility? Seems like that, and therefore people leaves this server.

:wheel: Yes, I've the pleasure to roleplay my character as an old man. He has his weakness, of course, but it's make me feel good interpreting a normal guy, a simple civilian, realistic as possible. At first it would seems like a normal and fragile elderly, while no one figure it's him who leads a criminal organization around San Andreas. I love it, but seems like more over of 80 percent of this server don't thinks like that.

Emmet.
14th March 2014, 02:36 PM
Thankssss.