PDA

View Full Version : My game is "fucked".

James_Nova
6th February 2014, 10:48 AM
Hai my name is Joe Dominguez , today , my game started freezing , only screen but not sound , I finally found out what it was , some buildings at idlewood looked like errors from garry's mod , red and black squares across the buildings that were bugged. So I decided to reinstall the game , so after i reinstalled it I placed the crack for it , started it , and It didn't work. I tried a second time with another crack and it still didn't work.
I deleted from my documents the gta settings and still not worked.
Any suggestions?

Alex
6th February 2014, 10:57 AM
Maybe you installed SAMP to wrong section..-?

James_Nova
6th February 2014, 11:01 AM
Not SAMP , actual GTA san andreas , now i am on my PC which got over 32 gb ram , and stuff is just fine , but i like to play GTA on my laptop.I want to know why that error happend.My laptop got that issue.

Alex
6th February 2014, 11:04 AM
Well, could you take screenshoot of the error and post it here?

James_Nova
6th February 2014, 02:13 PM
I just start the game and it kicks me right out with no error.

Moses_Cuba
6th February 2014, 02:53 PM
reinstall your game into a new folder

create a new folder called whatever
when given the option after the download is complete, install it to that folder

good luck

Nightmaid
7th February 2014, 02:52 AM
So you have downloaded the game from somewhere and don't have the disc?

James_Nova
7th February 2014, 02:15 PM
It got a image , i use a cloner to mount the image , like a putting a cd in the dvd-rom(or w/e it is called) and install the game from auto run and just put a crack to it and press start and go , but I keep getting a error , when going around idlewood , i keep getting my game screen frozen , but still can be able to move. I belive the texture is bugged.

Lucas Maxwell
7th February 2014, 02:43 PM
Like Moses said. Create a new folder and put your files in there instead.

DeLiveR
10th February 2014, 11:00 AM
I suggest removing the mod as this mod might be a little bugged.

Nightmaid
10th February 2014, 02:45 PM
If you got it as an image, it means you have not bought the game itself. We won't help you with pirated games here.

Hiro™
12th February 2014, 12:04 AM
Hai my name is Joe Dominguez , today , my game started freezing , only screen but not sound , I finally found out what it was , some buildings at idlewood looked like errors from garry's mod , red and black squares across the buildings that were bugged. So I decided to reinstall the game , so after i reinstalled it I placed the crack for it , started it , and It didn't work. I tried a second time with another crack and it still didn't work.
I deleted from my documents the gta settings and still not worked.
Any suggestions?

Does singleplayer run fine?

- If yes, you've installed SAMP in the wrong place and not in the GTA directory.
- If no, then you need to take these steps.

1.) Download Alci's IMG editor.
2.) Run the program and go to your GTA directory > Models > GTA3.img.
3.) It should now load and have all the files there.
4.) There is a button in the top left area next to the reload button. If you hover over it with your mouse, it should say " Rebuild file."
5.) Click it and after it finishes rebuilding, press the save button. After that close it.
6.) What this has done is given you a fresh IMG, which resolves all texture issues caused by mods.
7.) Try running it now. What happens? Get back to me on that if it worked or didn't.

PS: In the future don't use piracy, Not only is it illegal but it probably contains malicious files that could harm your computer. The most common of them is a R.A.T. Be careful man.

Agent Cole Phelps
12th February 2014, 12:50 AM
Does singleplayer run fine?

- If yes, you've installed SAMP in the wrong place and not in the GTA directory.
- If no, then you need to take these steps.

1.) Download Alci's IMG editor.
2.) Run the program and go to your GTA directory > Models > GTA3.img.
3.) It should now load and have all the files there.
4.) There is a button in the top left area next to the reload button. If you hover over it with your mouse, it should say " Rebuild file."
5.) Click it and after it finishes rebuilding, press the save button. After that close it.
6.) What this has done is given you a fresh IMG, which resolves all texture issues caused by mods.
7.) Try running it now. What happens? Get back to me on that if it worked or didn't.

I'm pretty much going to say the same thing, but instead wouldn't download anything extra because that's just retarded in my opinion. So what I was going to tell you is, COMPLETELY uninstall the game (yes that means uninstall the application through Uninstall Programs, and than go to where the folder is, and delete all of its contents to make sure that EVERYTHING is gone. It's typically located in ProgramFiles(x86) if you have a 64 bit computer or it's in ProgramFiles if you have 32 bit. (DO NOT DELETE PROGRAMFILES FOLDER OR PROGRAMFILES(x86), only delete the "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" folder which is located in one of those folders, or sometimes it's also called Rockstar Games.)).

After the game is COMPLETELY uninstalled, reinstall it with the disc (iso or cracked version), and than reinstall SAMP again to continue playing.

2) If you have Steam Version of the game, I know how to fix issues with that really easily, so just message back in a QUOTE if you do have steam version..

PS: In the future don't use piracy, Not only is it illegal but it probably contains malicious files that could harm your computer. The most common of them is a R.A.T. Be careful man.

That's just what they want you to think. (Unless you're stupid enough to download harmful things that are OBVIOUSLY virus's, like "CallMeMaybe.mp3.exe" <- lol)

James_Nova
12th February 2014, 08:09 AM
None of your helping tips , actually helped me , it was the damn windows , and the game isn't pirated , me and and a friend put the cash together and bought the game , since he had more money than me , he kept the CD and I made a copy of it as a ISO and i get a crack for version 1.0 for gta san andreas to not keep the ISO mounted forever. I got windows 8 (which sucks) now , when the problem was going I had windows 7 , but still this is the only server whenever I go near idlewood my screen freezes and the texture of the buildings get broken , like they go all purple or black (sometimes , not always). I tried on onther servers and the game is running fine , its not my game , not my laptop , its something from the server that is mapped near that location that bugs my game and freezes my screen , its not a installation issue of my game. I think its this mapping next to Pay and Spray. I will get a screen shot of it as soon as the server is up and I will post it.

Hanna
12th February 2014, 09:17 AM
Did you put your mods in gta3.img? If yes get a new one and replace it.
Similiar thing happened to me and now the game runs fine but here's a little tip. When replacing the old gta3.img with the new one use a program such as img tool aswell.

So..step 1
Copy new gta3.img > paste in GTA SA directory file

Step 2
Open img tool > Press "open" > Copy new gta3.img > paste in GTA SA directory
The things that are underlined should be strictly done inside of "open" window. Tell me if it worked
http://puu.sh/6TeJY.jpg

James_Nova
12th February 2014, 11:10 AM
I have no mods installed on my GTA san andreas , all I had installed before the error appeared , was a mod to show my hp and armor in numbers.

Walter Greyson
12th February 2014, 11:31 AM
I've been dealing with a similar problem for years now (read; there's no real fix) and the only thing I've been able to find is that my graphics card is essentially 'too good/new' to run San Andreas properly (all other hardware and software has been replaced numerous times over).

Over the years I've noticed the problem must be related to some objects, or even just the rendering of objects in general because it happens frequently when I'm mapping in MTA, checking out objects in the 3d viewer and generally only around custom mapping in SAMP. Basically my screen just locks up, then goes multicoloured stripes(best way to explain it) and the sound sort of skips at the point of the freeze. No way to get back out of the freeze once it happens, all that can be done is to restart the computer. Reluctant to call it a crash because there's no crash data, it just locks me out.

Not sure if it's QUITE the problem you're having but the only thing I've found that helps is keeping the frame rate at the magical 48 fps. If I go too low for too long, it starts screen tearing, textures die a bit, then it freezes. If the FPS is too high the same happens, although it seems to run happily at 48~

Also sounds like you're using pretty much the same mods that I have and I've had the problem with and without them so it's unlikely they're the cause.

James_Nova
12th February 2014, 11:58 AM
I've been dealing with a similar problem for years now (read; there's no real fix) and the only thing I've been able to find is that my graphics card is essentially 'too good/new' to run San Andreas properly (all other hardware and software has been replaced numerous times over).

Over the years I've noticed the problem must be related to some objects, or even just the rendering of objects in general because it happens frequently when I'm mapping in MTA, checking out objects in the 3d viewer and generally only around custom mapping in SAMP. Basically my screen just locks up, then goes multicoloured stripes(best way to explain it) and the sound sort of skips at the point of the freeze. No way to get back out of the freeze once it happens, all that can be done is to restart the computer. Reluctant to call it a crash because there's no crash data, it just locks me out.

Not sure if it's QUITE the problem you're having but the only thing I've found that helps is keeping the frame rate at the magical 48 fps. If I go too low for too long, it starts screen tearing, textures die a bit, then it freezes. If the FPS is too high the same happens, although it seems to run happily at 48~

Also sounds like you're using pretty much the same mods that I have and I've had the problem with and without them so it's unlikely they're the cause.

Thats exactly what I got , and I am dealing with. But i just only shut the game via Manager Task , forcing it to close and restart the game , not computer , and then it fixes. I just see a mix of textures , like on the sidewalk , the sidewalk in GTA are gray and when the error happends , all my gta freezes and sometimes , it goes back , so i can move , but only frame by frame (around 5 FPS) and everything is broken , except cars and people. Ex: Sidewalks ain't gray anymore , they are black.

wellwhy
12th February 2014, 12:00 PM
Buy the game on steam, and downgrade it. Don't pirate games, it will most likely be broken in some way.

James_Nova
12th February 2014, 12:36 PM
Firstly , its not pirated , its just a copy of the CD , which I install and crack it to not keep the image mounted. I paid for the game with a friend and he kept the CD , not me.

Moses_Cuba
12th February 2014, 05:46 PM
Maybe you can system reboot to a previous date before this happened? This is drastic measures though.

Emily Grey
17th February 2014, 04:49 AM
Since this hasn't been posted in in nearly a week I'm going to archive it. If you want the game to work I'd recommend you actually buy it, its almost ten years old now and shouldn't cost more than 5 dollars.