PDA

View Full Version : [V.0.1] ~Gang/Family guide!~ [S.Heiler]

Stefan Heiler
17th February 2014, 11:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1tlLMqM.png

http://i.imgur.com/YoCWcXd.gif

[What's a Gang & Family?]

Gang
A Gang is essentially a group of Criminals. Gangs are usually affiliated with Black & Latino gangs, examples would be like the Blood and the Crips, or the Nortenos and the Surentos (North & South). In SA-RP these gangs would be Grove & Ballas, or the Los Surenos Asesinos & Vatos Locos.

Family
Then there's a Family. Now, a Family and Gang are pretty much the same thing, though Families are more of a close community. By referring to a Family you'd usually be referring to a Mafia, or a large organised community, something that's more bound, they act like brothers and sisters.

Overview
Overall, there's not much of a difference, just the atmosphere, because at the end of the day, they all share one thing in common, and that's killing.

There's also a difference between the Cartel & the Hitman Agency. A Cartel could be seen as a gang, though it's usually the people who are above, who aren't recognized or seen, those with power you probably haven't heard of. The Hitman Agency has what it is in the name, and that's an Agency, like Sector 9, which was RP'ly an undercover Government Agency. Even though these two things are close together with gangs, they are not completely the same.

http://i.imgur.com/YoCWcXd.gif

[Public Families]

SA-RP currently has two Public Families. They're both based around Black ethnicity gangs, and could be associated with gangs like the Bloods and Crips. Public Families are usually suggested to Newbies, as the main reason they're there is to show and teach newbies how to roleplay. I would personally suggest Ballas, as they're a little more advanced than Grove, the reason I say this is because Ballas is smaller, which means being taught roleplay to rule breakers and people who don't know anything about roleplayers is easier and much more effective.

Grove Street Families
Grove Street Families is the family with the first slot in the server. In GTA:SA's storyline Grove Street is the main gang, this is the main reason newbies like to join it. Truthfully Grove Street is one of the harder gangs to control, as the leaders aren't always that effective. When joining Grove Street be sure not to use phrases like "CJ's house", or "CJ" unless there's a legitimate character called Carl Johnson. You have to remember that the same GTA:SA and the roleplay server aren't compared at all. CJ's skin is just another black person you can have the pleasure roleplaying as.

Getting into Grove Street Families is an easy thing to do. All you have to do is go to Grove Street, hang around there for a while, maybe say something like ''Sup' homie, I'm interested in reppin' for Grove, think chu' can help me out?", saying that line should attract some attention, and if there's a high-ranked member online, such as R5 or R6 you should be able to get invited quickly and without much trouble. You may have to undergo a roleplay test to show what roleplaying skills you have before you join though, so be sure to get well knocked up with the rules of the server!

When you've finally been invited into Grove Street Families be sure not to follow any bad examples, and teach anyone who you think has done a wrong, such a death-matching, killing on sight or even meta-gaming to not do it again! If you keep roleplaying and helping people in Grove Street Families you'll find yourself whizzing through the ranks in no time at all. Though remember, joining gangs like Grove Street Families is usually seen as trying to learn roleplay or trying to help newbies to roleplay, as that's what the target audience is for the family itself.

Glen Park Ballas
Glen Park Ballas is the second public gang, which takes up the second gang slot. This is another gang that's taught to help newbies. In my opinion it's more advanced than Grove Street Families, I say this as I've one, lead the gang myself, which gives me a slight advantage of what I'm talking about, and two, the people who are in the gang are of less numbers, which makes it easier to teach people. There are still plenty of newbies in the gang though, which at any point you could help out.

Like Grove Street Families, getting into Glen Park Ballas is pretty easy, though there's usually a test. This test would usually include an OOC test, so things such as "What's Death-matching?", "What's Power-gaming?", "What's Meta-gaming?", the test will also include a quick In-Character test. This test is simple, and will usually include having to spray-paint a wall. All you need to do for someone to test you is walk up to one of the Ballas members, and do that same thing, ask "Sup' homie, think ya' can get me hooked up with one of your rags?"., shortly after this you would be tested, assuming there's a R5 or R6 online.

When you've been invited into Glen Park Ballas you'll probably be finding yourself asking the question "How do I rank up?", once again, it's not about ranking up, it's about improving and getting better at roleplay and the situations that you've been included in. Try helping the newbies in the family if you know how to roleplay, or ask how to get better at roelplay if you are the newbie (There's no shame in admitting it, as we were all newbies once!). Now, you can go on and help the newbies, eventually making your way up to R5 or R6, and then become the leader.

So, now you've completed the first stages of gangs you can now proceed through to the second stages. These are the more advanced families & gangs, private ones.

* Congratulations! You have passed the first stage! *

[Pending Joe Cool to move] ~ Not finished

Ronny Blight
17th February 2014, 12:04 PM
aight gonna make a smartass guide

Hassan Ashas
17th February 2014, 12:40 PM
was thinking that someone's gonna do it, Nice work bro :)

Sharz
17th February 2014, 12:55 PM
Nice post to teach newbies about fams/gangs stuff and shit :smuggo: