PDA

View Full Version : Server closed connection

Jose Carreira
17th February 2014, 05:28 PM
Sorry I'm posting this for my step brother -

Just downloaded San Andreas and SAMP. I can connect to the server and see other users logging onto the server, however when i type a name in to register and press 'spawn' i get a message saying "Server closed the connection". After the error message my game is pretty much frozen so i have to close it and reopen.

Only to get the same error again when attempting to register.

Do i have to register a player name somewhere else first?

What else can I try to fix the problem?

Hysteria
17th February 2014, 05:30 PM
What version of SAMP are you running?

Jose Carreira
17th February 2014, 05:45 PM
He is adamant that he is running 0.3z but maybe he downloaded from the wrong link? - Will get him to check on this post in the morning

Hysteria
17th February 2014, 06:08 PM
Sure. Make sure it's not an RC version of SAMP.

Have him download this:
http://files.sa-mp.com/sa-mp-0.3z-R1-install.exe

Emily Grey
17th February 2014, 07:54 PM
what is the name hes trying to join the server with? hes getting kicked because its a disallowed nickname (like it has a $ in it or something) or because hes using a restricted surname most likely.

awaiting player response - 24 hours.

Martinio_Gonzales
18th February 2014, 12:49 PM
Hi guys.

Thanks Jose for posting for me, and for all the replies you guys have given so far.
I have downloaded and installed the version of samp mentions above(same version i had) and I am still getting the same error. The name im using is the same as my forum name.

My game connects just fine and i can change locations but the moment i select register, after entering my user name, the server closes the connection.

What else could it be? Im writing my name the exact same way as my forum name...

Martinio_Gonzales
18th February 2014, 01:10 PM
Sorry i lied, i get disconnected when it asked me to register my account by typing the password.

Agent Cole Phelps
19th February 2014, 04:14 AM
Then that account is already taken, and you'll need to use a new account name.

Pending Player

Edit: Cool, 2500th post

Martinio_Gonzales
19th February 2014, 12:07 PM
I tried a lot of names and none of them are working. I am still getting the same error message. Im pretty sure its not the name availability as i even tried "advancedsmtp_poweredlawnmowerman" and that didnt work.

Watts.
19th February 2014, 02:52 PM
"advancedsmtp_powerlawnmowerman" won't be taken coz it's more than 25 characters.

Try something else, most likely what Emily and Phelps said.

Martinio_Gonzales
19th February 2014, 04:10 PM
I tried to create a name again and im positive it isnt the name. i even tried my real name, my name with some keyboard mashing. All the name were also under 24 characters and only contain letters and 1 underscore.

I also tried downgrading my client and then upgrading back to 0.3z. It has to be something on the server side because when i connect initially i can see the activity on the server. Like people joining and wat not. THen as soon as i try register it closes the connection.:bang:

Jizzy Black
19th February 2014, 10:16 PM
I tried to create a name again and im positive it isnt the name. i even tried my real name, my name with some keyboard mashing. All the name were also under 24 characters and only contain letters and 1 underscore.

I also tried downgrading my client and then upgrading back to 0.3z. It has to be something on the server side because when i connect initially i can see the activity on the server. Like people joining and wat not. THen as soon as i try register it closes the connection.:bang:

Can you write that name please, It may have something wrong. Or maybe there is something wrong with GTA, Try installing it again with samp

Jose Carreira
20th February 2014, 05:16 AM
He is trying to join under Carlos_Carreira. I even tried to see if it would help if I registered the name from my computer on his behalf and then let him try log into it and he still has the same problem.

L. Edgar Hoover
20th February 2014, 06:51 AM
He is trying to join under Carlos_Carreira. I even tried to see if it would help if I registered the name from my computer on his behalf and then let him try log into it and he still has the same problem.

There's a few errors that come to mind;
Either he mistakely presses the ''no'' button and got himself kicked
Either he wrote the wrong password of an already registered account
Either it's a Restricted Surname (Press here to check the Restricted Surnames) (http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showthread.php?46355-Restricted-Surnames)
Either he wrote a recon password and it keeps kicking him
Either he's banned or rangebanned (Depending on where he lives, some areas are rangebanned)
Either he has some mods that cause him to kick each time he presses ''register'' due to the game being unable to load
Pending you.

Jose Carreira
20th February 2014, 12:45 PM
Is there a suitable way to apply for someone to check if his IP is range banned? We dont know when it would of happened as it was never him personally that got banned. Any advice on how to go about trying to fix this would help.

His IP address is 197.83.237.172

L. Edgar Hoover
21st February 2014, 10:21 AM
Is there a suitable way to apply for someone to check if his IP is range banned? We dont know when it would of happened as it was never him personally that got banned. Any advice on how to go about trying to fix this would help.

His IP address is 197.83.237.172

I will redirect you to this page

http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=6

Where you should fill up the information (if no account was made then write Unknown)

and put the IP and admins will check if that IP is banned or not.

Jose Carreira
21st February 2014, 11:13 AM
I have already done so but haven't gotten a reply yet.

http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showthread.php?109592-Game-Unknown-s-Ban-Appeal-Banned-by-Unknown

Jose Carreira
26th February 2014, 05:24 AM
Thanks guys you can close this. He went full retard xD

Enrique McHarley
28th February 2014, 10:01 AM
Answered and archived.