PDA

View Full Version : Mouse problem

Kristian
21st February 2014, 12:21 PM
So hiya,

Recently, I got this problem with my computer mouse. It's refusing to "conntect" to my Windows 8 computer.

It's a logitech mouse, the problem occurred earlier this day. I've tried to:
- Change battery
- Restarted my computer (5 times)
- Plugging in the USB many times.
- Tried another mouse, didn't work aswell.

I know the place where you plug the USBs in works, but the mouse itself refuse to work. Please, I need help.

Hysteria
21st February 2014, 01:45 PM
try this

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/mouse-wont-work-with-windows-8/5f2c17b3-d016-4f86-9f84-13eccb8ab6a5

Timmy_Jimmy
21st February 2014, 02:20 PM
Go to start.
Type Device Manager.
Under Mice and other pointing devices choose your mouse.
Uninstall the driver.
Plug your mouse in and it should automatically install the driver.

Kristian
21st February 2014, 08:24 PM
After searching for errors, I've recieved that I might need to update something, but I am not 100% sure about what to update nor where I can update it..

Another update; I believe it's the logitech mouses itself that's not willing to connect into my computer, due to some kind of outdated software.

Newer update; it doesnt connect to any mouse.

Kristian
23rd February 2014, 01:13 PM
Anyone with other solutions? It's still not working, but I believe it is a problem with my computer - where/how can I download the software to make them actually connect to the computer?

Day
23rd February 2014, 02:20 PM
Have you attempted Timmy's solution up there? Any idea what brand/model the mouse is?

If the Device Manager solution does not work, I believe you will have to manually download it.

Kristian
23rd February 2014, 07:25 PM
Have you attempted Timmy's solution up there? Any idea what brand/model the mouse is?

If the Device Manager solution does not work, I believe you will have to manually download it.

The USB doesn't connect to any mouses, I tried:
Logitech
Microsoft
Some weird yellow car one (special type of mouse)

None worked.

Bosnageros
23rd February 2014, 09:24 PM
Maybe it doesn't support win 8

I got win 8,1 Right now and it was very hard to find a mouse which support my windows..

Brucey.
24th February 2014, 09:21 AM
It's very far fetched that windows wouldn't support older versions of the mouse drivers.

Kristian
24th February 2014, 09:26 AM
It's very far fetched that windows wouldn't support older versions of the mouse drivers.

Used it for a year, aswell as it stopped working on Friday. It has been working for a looong time.

Bosnageros
24th February 2014, 09:28 AM
Used it for a year, aswell as it stopped working on Friday. It has been working for a looong time.

Maybe it's just broken from Inside the Chip or something

Emily Grey
6th March 2014, 05:26 AM
Inactive, poster banned. PM someone if you want it reopened when you're unbanned.