PDA

View Full Version : Use of Molotovs?

James_Hollywood
27th February 2014, 01:40 PM
Really quick question in two parts:

Are we allowed to RP using a Molotov IED (improvised explosive) against a player in RP?

I assume you'd have to have raid permission but can they be RPd against buildings? Eg. Angry citizens toss them into the senate.

Akio
27th February 2014, 02:16 PM
First answer; Not sure, but I would assume not since it would be PG, since there is no possible way to get a molotov on the server. Unless a admin approves and gives you one.

Second; Yes, you need permission to raid gang HQ's and government HQ's, but as for the other part of the question, its quite confusing what your trying to say.

James_Hollywood
27th February 2014, 02:54 PM
How is it power gaming to buy a bottle of liquor and a rag and a lighter and make it in RP?

In reference to raiding, I mean could a few pissed off taxpayers chuck them into a building via windows.

Cads_Tryfonas
27th February 2014, 03:12 PM
You can't RP with weapons who you don't have.

Hiro™
27th February 2014, 03:17 PM
It's not pg at all.. If you can get it scriptwise, then you can rp it. I've stolen c4 from the original Demorgan and made molotovs and threw them at people and Buildings. You just have to show an admin of proof if VALID role play in order to get these weapons.

Akio
27th February 2014, 03:26 PM
Oh well it's sorta pg (according to admins) because u can't untainted them with out admins power.

Also if you do get a hold of them and u have permission to raid then sure u can through em

Apollo
27th February 2014, 03:30 PM
I've rped with cyanide I don't know why you can't with molotovs.

James_Hollywood
27th February 2014, 04:05 PM
So I assume the general consensus is, if its RPed well, its all good.

Tommy.
27th February 2014, 05:15 PM
So I assume the general consensus is, if its RPed well, its all good.
Yeah well it it's not really that clear. I remember a player being warned/prisoned because he RP'd killing another player with a knife he didn't have scriptwise. Then again, nobody will bitch about you RPing molotovs as long as you don't just solely use them to kill people.

Actually they will most probably bitch about it. But go for it anyway.

Kriz
27th February 2014, 07:49 PM
i remember some guys raiding demorgan and having molotovs which they rped getting or making or w/e.
but the problem in SARP is, if someone gets something, others want to get it too. So basically if you rped making molotovs and received them from admin, everyone else would be like "wtf he got it why i dont get wtf?"

Cylas™
28th February 2014, 02:45 AM
My opinion is as follows;

If players can roleplay having syringed poisons, lethal or not, most likely 'stolen from the LSFMD',
then a player can also roleplay creating a molotov cocktail from the whiskey they just purchased at a bar.

However to have it accepted in most cases the use of said molotov would have to be non-lethal and strictly an in character occurence.

i.e lights the rag hanging from the bottle and chucks it in front of ___ to ward him off
i.e tosses a lit molotov cocktail at the LSPD cruiser, disabling clear visuals or abilities to safely exit the vehicle (depending on where it was thrown)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5Iwo1MUTE

Dustin Keys
7th March 2014, 10:59 AM
Just make sure you speak to an admin in game beforehand. That will prevent any confusion.

Pending OP - 24 hours.

Che Guevara
7th March 2014, 12:39 PM
Actually you can RP with moltovs but you will have to take SS and sent it to an admin.
How can you do that:

You need an empty bottle where you can find at ghetto places and you˙ll have to RP with it.
- Wick (you can rply take something off from your clothes)
- Well taped
- Gasoline, you can get it from a gas station

###
7th March 2014, 04:26 PM
I am sure you can because I once took C4 from a guy I knew in Hitman Agency, and we had to talk to an admin and the admin let me RP having the C4 RP-wise, not scriptwise.

Agent Cole Phelps
16th March 2014, 03:44 PM
You can't RP with weapons who you don't have.

You're allowed to RP with weapons you don't have, to an extant. Like you can rp grabbing a kitchen knife, and stab something, ect... Though, like rp'ing having an AK-47, without actually having one is against the rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5Iwo1MUTE

Really stereotypical of me, but, that kid sounded russian..

This pretty much seems to be answered, so I'm going to Close this. If this was a mistake, please make another request.