PDA

View Full Version : RMB and Forum Avatar.

Alexei
24th March 2014, 02:20 PM
Alright I have an annoying problem which I'd like to try to get some help on.

1. So basically, my controls are default in-game and I use a mouse and keyboard to aim and shoot. Whenever I aim using the RMB, my weapon will release a bullet or two as if I pressed the trigger. Whenever I set my controls manually, I'll assign the aim weapon key to my RMB but it'll think I'm pressing the LMB instead. I have to try about 2-3 times for the game to properly register which button I'm pressing. Additionally, I've also tried my RMB in general without SAMP and it works fine, it only gets a little buggy in-game. I'm also using a USB mouse hooked to a laptop. My mouse drivers are also up-to-date.

I'd appreciate it if anybody could shed some light on this problem. Thanks a lot. :)

Matt™
24th March 2014, 02:25 PM
Alright I have two annoying problems which I'd like to try to get some help on.

1. So basically, my controls are default in-game and I use a mouse and keyboard to aim and shoot. Whenever I aim using the RMB, my weapon will release a bullet or two as if I pressed the trigger. Whenever I set my controls manually, I'll assign the aim weapon key to my RMB but it'll think I'm pressing the LMB instead. I have to try about 2-3 times for the game to properly register which button I'm pressing. Additionally, I've also tried my RMB in general without SAMP and it works fine, it only gets a little buggy in-game. I'm also using a USB mouse hooked to a laptop. My mouse drivers are also up-to-date.

--

2. For this problem, it says my avatar can be an image of 224x224. The image I'm trying to use is 180x180 yet everytime I upload it, it says "Invalid File". I've tried a few images which are below the limit and it's having the same error.

I'd appreciate it if anybody could shed some light on these two problems. Thanks a lot. :)

1. Sounds more like a problem with your mouse, cheap mice often use one switch underneath both buttons which can cause you to press the opposite button instead of the other one, or both at once.

2. I think it more depends on the size of the image. What size image are you trying to upload?

Please note: I'm not an expert, so don't call me a retard if I'm wrong.

Alexei
24th March 2014, 02:28 PM
1. Sounds more like a problem with your mouse, cheap mice often use one switch underneath both buttons which can cause you to press the opposite button instead of the other one, or both at once.

2. I think it more depends on the size of the image. What size image are you trying to upload?

1. I've never had this problem before when in-game nor does the problem occur when I'm not in-game. I see no button neither or nothing to suggest it's faulty.

2. 180x180 like I said.

Matt™
24th March 2014, 02:30 PM
2. 180x180 like I said.

I meant the actual file size. Not the image dimensions.

Alexei
24th March 2014, 02:58 PM
I meant the actual file size. Not the image dimensions.

It's 9kb.

Alex
24th March 2014, 03:04 PM
There's a problem with updating your avatar, I've tryed to update mine aswell, but as you can see I've failed. :s

Matt™
24th March 2014, 03:06 PM
There's a problem with updating your avatar, I've tryed to update mine aswell, but as you can see I've failed. :s

Just noticed this too, dammit.

Alexei
24th March 2014, 03:07 PM

Thanks. I guess the avatar issue is resolved. Just having problems with my mouse atm so I'll wait in case somebody can provide an answer.

Tommy.
24th March 2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks. I guess the avatar issue is resolved. Just having problems with my mouse atm so I'll wait in case somebody can provide an answer.
If you're trying to upload the avatar pic from your computer then try uploading it from a image hosting service and vice versa. I think I had the same problem but I tried something like that.

For the mouse thingy you could try the following:
1. Go to your GTASA folder and right click the game file
2. Click ''properties''
3. Then go to compatibility tab
4. Check ''run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP Service Pack 2
5. Tick the following boxes: ''disable visual themes'', ''disable desktop composition'' and ''run this program as an administrator''

That will at least fix the annoying camera bug that happens when you tab or press ESC. It's a good shot at fixing other mouse-related game bugs too I believe.

Alexei
24th March 2014, 03:32 PM
If you're trying to upload the avatar pic from your computer then try uploading it from a image hosting service and vice versa. I think I had the same problem but I tried something like that.

For the mouse thingy you could try the following:
1. Go to your GTASA folder and right click the game file
2. Click ''properties''
3. Then go to compatibility tab
4. Check ''run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP Service Pack 2
5. Tick the following boxes: ''disable visual themes'', ''disable desktop composition'' and ''run this program as an administrator''

That will at least fix the annoying camera bug that happens when you tab or press ESC. It's a good shot at fixing other mouse-related game bugs too I believe.

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately, it didn't solve it.

Just to clarify to anybody unsure: Whenever I hold the RMB to take aim with my weapon, my weapon will fire for no reason as if I'm pressing the LMB. In my controller setup, I've assigned the LMB for firing and RMB for aiming.

Agent Cole Phelps
24th March 2014, 07:12 PM
FOR THE AVATAR

This will explain why the avatar is not working, you'll just need to wait.
http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showthread.php?113822-Forum-Related-Agent-Cole-Phelps-s-Request

Alexei
25th March 2014, 04:25 PM
FOR THE AVATAR

This will explain why the avatar is not working, you'll just need to wait.
http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showthread.php?113822-Forum-Related-Agent-Cole-Phelps-s-Request

THANKS I RECEIVED THE SAME ANSWER LAST NIGHT. :))

I see!

Leper
27th March 2014, 01:35 AM
Perhaps you're using a /macro/ kind of gaming or office mouse? There's the double click feature when you press that button near the mouse wheel.

But a tip to know if it's the mouse or your gta's problem, try using another kind of mouse (if in case you have one to spare)

Leper
29th March 2014, 10:16 AM
Awaiting Player's response, 72 hours to do so

Was the issue solved and answered?

Alexei
30th March 2014, 10:01 AM
Awaiting Player's response, 72 hours to do so

Was the issue solved and answered?

Still haven't resolved it but I've resorted to using LALT to aim so I guess it's all good. You can close this. Thanks all for your help.

Leper
31st March 2014, 12:47 PM
Answered

No need to reply anymore.