PDA

View Full Version : CPU Problems

Chibs
28th March 2014, 01:47 PM
Just got home and my computer was on shut down instead of sleep like i always put it, i have a program Advanced System Care which shows me the CPU and RAM on my desktop screen, as soon as everything opened, torret, skype and all that stuff my CPU jumped up to 100% which never happens.
I tried to refresh it but when i clicked the RMB it took like 1.5 seconds for it to open, which again never takes so long, it was in kinda slow motion, i opened the task manager and clicked processes, nothing was showing there but when i opened the system processes it had something called dgen.exe i stopped it but it didn't work, i closed the task manager and opened it again, this time straight into the system processes and i stopped processusage.exe ( Not too sure about the extention ) and my CPU cooled down to it's normal percent, what i want to know here is what are those two about ( dgen.exe and processusage.exe ).

Ray_Haywood
28th March 2014, 02:06 PM
Run a virus scan, it might be a virus hogging CPU as a form of attack. If not check it has not been damaged or overheated. If you want to know what is causing it to use 100% press CTRL + ALT + DEL and start task manager, then click processes tab and scroll until you see the CPU column display "99" or some other high number, if its the .exe files, delete them. But TBH I would recommend you delete them anyway if you can.

Chibs
28th March 2014, 02:23 PM
That's what i did, i even wrote it in the description and i stopped two .exe files who had a high percentage of CPU use, i just want to know what for they are.

Ted
28th March 2014, 02:30 PM
I am pretty sure it's a malware initiated process.
If nothing comes up in normal scan, try a boot time scan if it's included in your antivirus to get rid of such CPU hogging malwares permanently.

Claude™
28th March 2014, 03:38 PM
As far as I know dgen.exe is a sort of virus software which overloads CPU task and makes it reach 100% use. Even though not all anti-virus software reacts to it as to a threat.

Akio
28th March 2014, 03:46 PM
1.) system care is a fucking piece of false shit. i have it and the info that it tells me about my cpu and shit is complete horse shit.
2.) more than likly you have a virus, assuming that you have a decent computer and it shouldn't be slow
3.) your ram/cpu might be all in use and slowing your computer down
4.) when i go to sleep, i put my computer to sleep, and wake up the next morning to it being off. im pretty sure theres a auto-setting where its shuts the computer off automatically after X amount of hours.

Hyder
28th March 2014, 04:00 PM
As far as I know dgen.exe is a sort of virus software which overloads CPU task and makes it reach 100% use. Even though not all anti-virus software reacts to it as to a threat.

Yeah, same happened with me ^.
Also go to control panels and delete useless programs, I had some installed automatically, which I had never seen or heard of in my life.
Run a few scans with a good antivirus (Do some researching and find out which one is best).
Plus check your Windows folder, I had a folder named ' Downloads ' with ' myfile.exe ' virus, I deleted it straight up.

Screw those new viruses lol, it took me a few hours to fix my PC after I had 100% usage.

Timmy_Jimmy
28th March 2014, 04:40 PM
Get malwayrebytes and Microsoft security essentials. They are the only virus programs you will need. Hell if you have some common sense you probably don't need either of them.
Run some scans see if it detects anything.
Delete whatever advanced care piece of shit you have, most of those XTRA premium PRO advanced utilities just hog resources anyway.
Get ccleaner and clean up your startup programs and whilst your there clean your registry too.

I'm almost certain those two exe's you mentioned are useless. So right click on their process in task manager, open file location and uninstall the program that they are from. Do a system restore before this in case you're unsure.

Chibs
28th March 2014, 05:26 PM
Get malwayrebytes and Microsoft security essentials. They are the only virus programs you will need. Hell if you have some common sense you probably don't need either of them.
Run some scans see if it detects anything.
Delete whatever advanced care piece of shit you have, most of those XTRA premium PRO advanced utilities just hog resources anyway.
Get ccleaner and clean up your startup programs and whilst your there clean your registry too.

I'm almost certain those two exe's you mentioned are useless. So right click on their process in task manager, open file location and uninstall the program that they are from. Do a system restore before this in case you're unsure.

Done what you said and it's better now, thanks for helping.

This can be set as answered.

Fox
3rd April 2014, 09:47 AM
First of all, Run anti virus, then go to

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

download and run ccleaner after this click on start tab, open run then type "MSCONFIG" in it. Go to "Startup tab" and uncheck all unnecessary program then restart your computer, also download system monitor and check temperature of all hardwares.

I hope, this will help you

Dustin Keys
3rd April 2014, 12:56 PM
Answered.