PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] - Basic Roleplay Terms and Conditions.

Rey
11th March 2011, 02:22 AM
Basic Role-Playing Terms & Conditions
Role-Playing (role-play, RP, RPing):
The concept where one acts out scenes and stories with others around a particular theme by assuming a "role" and taking on the personality of a particular character. It is your character acting out or telling his or her own particular story. Everything that you post is to that end. It refers to a situation of fictional context whereby you portray yourself as someone you are not. It allows you to be whatever you want (within sim rules/limits of course) as though you were playing a part in a large multi-leveled interactive movie.

Out of Character (OOC):
The typist, the person behind the avatar, the RL person behind the keyboard.
OOC: Anything that occurs and/or relates to things out of the game. This means you are speaking with your OWN voice and not the voice of your character. In local chat this is often denoted by a set of double parentheses on either side of your statement. eg /b, /n and /o are the common OOC channels or anything under these brackets (( Sorry, I'm kinda lagging )) or (( Damn, my keyboard is broke, Sorry if i hit you mistakenly )). Use of excessive ooc comments is frowned upon while RP is going and very disruptive for the people engaging in ongoing RPs.

In Character (IC):
The character in your screen, the avatar and the role/character/personilty you have given him/her.
IC: Anything that occurs in and/or relates to what happens in the role-playing game (to/by the characters). If you are talking "IC" it means you are speaking with the voice and words of your character. When making IC posts, you should NEVER use abbreviations (how r u?, lol, rofl, etc.) or emoticons ( :), ^.^, :P, etc.). When you are IC you should also avoid the use of gestures - they distract from RP.

IC/OOC Line:
The line between ‘in character’ and ‘out of character.’ Players are not their characters and are not necessarily even like their characters, and vice versa. Realize that everything that is happening when IC is just that - a character someone is playing in a game. Do not take IC actions, insults, fights, etc. personally. You may not like another character, but respect the fact that they are just that .. a character.

Metagaming ( MG ):
Bringing OOC knowledge into an IC situation, e.g. knowing that a character really likes busty brunettes, when it has never been mentioned, and your character has no basis for knowing this fact. Any knowledge discovered through “out of character” means may not be used “in character.” The practice is considered “meta-gaming”, which is a strict no-no. This includes, but is not limited to: conversations ‘overheard’ in avatar chat range when your character could not reasonably overhear it due to “physical” constraints (i.e., through walls, floors, ceilings, or the ground), and using information gained through looking at the Avatar Tag, reading profiles, use of the mini-map or camming around. Don't use information/knowledge your character hasn't earned - only things discovered/learned through roleplay can be used ICly.

Powergaming ( PG ):
Roleplaying is a give and take experience. No one is invincible, no one has all the answers to any problem, has all knowledge, etc. - everyone has weaknesses, so let your enemies know yours and take turns battling and exploiting each other. It makes roleplaying with you a lot more fun. If people start to groan when you're around or avoid roleplaying with you, you might want to try and change your tactics. If in doubt - IM the people you are RP'ing with to make sure you're all in agreement about what is happening.

Emoting /Actions :
To make a post that expresses emotion, action or inner dialog, thoughts, ponderings, etc. of your character. You indicate this by typing /me, /do and animations before your text.
Example: "/me smiles."
Posts as "Rey_Mercer smiles."
When expressing inner thoughts or emotions, your should always *do* something observable so that others can react to it. For example:

Normal Action /Emote:
Rey_Mercer sees the stranger eying him but he isnt interested in him.

Better Action /Emote:
Rey_Mercer sees the stranger eying him, He wrinkles his nose and turns his head away from him, hoping he will get the hint and move on his way.

The first example cannot and should not be commented on by other players; the second can and should be commented on by other players.

Death Match ( DM ):
Killing someone without a reason. For example: PersonA and PersonB are talking then suddenly PersonC walks towards PersonA and B and starts shooting at them or kills them that counts as DM, DM is strictly NOT allowed.

Kill on Sight ( KoS ):
KoS means Killing on Sight, for example If you're in a gang and you see a member of another gang and then you start shooting at him "Ohh, He's grove... Kill him" and/or when you see a cop and start shooting at him "Fuck the cops, Kill them" totally non-RP, You don't kill a anyone in real life for being in an organization or a faction.You MUST have a roleplay reason to kill somebody or else you'll be punished.

Spawn killing (SK):
Waiting either at hospital/spot where player will log back into the game to kill a person. This is strictly not allowed!

Revenge killing (RK):
When somebody kills you and you take your turn after death and kill him.Remember after your death you lose 30 minutes of memory and can't remember who killed you.

Chicken Running:
Chicken running; Is when you start running like a chicken in zigzag motion or in circles around someone to avoid being hit by the bullets of a person who's shooting, here's a clear video.(video by Tony Perez)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f40Uh8JNH_Q

((Credits:Wiki, Rey Mercer and Gal Lamovsek))

Aydin
11th March 2011, 02:56 AM
Nice One,

Salvatore
11th March 2011, 05:31 AM
great guide!
+1 tiki for u

Luca Grabacr
11th March 2011, 06:38 AM
Nice one Rey :).

Melfer
11th March 2011, 06:38 AM
Great guide...

Camila Blaze
18th March 2011, 04:33 PM
Nice one Rey, make Sarp a better server :)

Ryan Brookside
18th March 2011, 05:11 PM
Nice one there. This guide is good for people who is new :) Respect"001"

Arthur_King
28th March 2011, 03:01 PM
Im understand when u dont explain C-Bug but why u not explain CS or QS?Well u nead this terms when u joining any gang

Tommygunz
28th March 2011, 03:05 PM
Well I guess CS and QS aren't really Roleplay terms but it would be helpful anyway.

Very nice guide, good job.

Rey
1st April 2011, 09:40 AM
Updated

Tony Perez
1st April 2011, 10:11 AM
best RP terms guide i've read so far.
Gud work rey.

Gal Lamovsek
1st April 2011, 12:49 PM
Great guide, Rey, but it would be helpful if you would add CK in too. Because as far as I know, every recruiter asks that.

SaBer_Max
2nd April 2011, 01:54 AM
Good RP Guild Rey

thx for that

davie
9th July 2011, 06:20 PM
thanks maan'

Gal Lamovsek
24th September 2011, 02:20 PM
I guess you could add spawn killing and revenge killing aswell.

I always send newbies to this thread as it's helpful to learn about it easier way.

Spawn killing (SK): Waiting either at hospital/spot where player will log back into the game to kill a person. This is strictly not allowed!

Revenge killing (RK): When somebody kills you and you take your turn after death and kill him. You need to know after your death you lose 30 minutes of memory and can't remember who killed you.

Gal Lamovsek
3rd October 2011, 04:13 PM
I found a typo which can be very confusing for newbies.

Replace 'now' at SK with 'not' ;).

Sam_Neil
4th October 2011, 11:04 AM
Nice Guide, this is almost the ultimate guide for RP server (well almost)

Armarti
4th October 2011, 11:18 AM
Hah, This is a Great guide.
Now we just need people to Read it.

Lopezz.
6th October 2011, 09:12 AM
~Nicce~

Lee Clayton
6th October 2011, 11:40 AM
Spawn killing (SK):
Waiting either at hospital/spot where player will log back into the game to kill a person. This is strictly now allowed!

May want to fix that...

Gal Lamovsek
6th October 2011, 04:21 PM
Spawn killing (SK):
Waiting either at hospital/spot where player will log back into the game to kill a person. This is strictly now allowed!

May want to fix that...

Yeah, scroll up, haha ;).

I found a typo which can be very confusing for newbies.

Replace 'now' at SK with 'not' ;).

Josip
7th October 2011, 07:36 AM
Very good guide,i hope every newbie will read this.

Paco Guttierez
7th October 2011, 07:54 AM
its cooool

Divad
29th October 2011, 07:00 AM
This guide is very good for newbies,Good job.

Dante_Ramirez
27th May 2012, 09:09 AM
Sweet guide, helps my newbie friend that wanted to play.

Hustla
27th May 2012, 01:48 PM
That's very helpful for them who are new to roleplay, great one Rey.

Julius King
28th May 2012, 07:12 AM
GOoooood one

Alvaro Armarti
28th May 2012, 12:10 PM
This is a clean Guide new for Roleplayer's

Runcis_Tapins
2nd June 2012, 09:23 AM
I am sorry for Hallar maraz Lol he is Chickenrunning in the video. Good job Rey

Koji_Takamato
23rd September 2012, 11:59 PM
Excelent guide.

Thanks, Sarp 4 life.

Che Guevara
24th September 2012, 01:57 AM
nice guide.

McRoyal
2nd October 2012, 11:24 AM
Very helpfull, hopefully some newbies will check it out.

Akio
6th October 2012, 05:27 PM
Not bad, I remember I told my friend to use this thread, Now he is actually I pretty good RP'er.

Marshall_Jonhson
6th November 2012, 04:22 PM
Nice, 1 donut for you if you hungry, /me Gives rey a donut - 6 char :d

Criss Mclarean
7th November 2012, 04:13 AM
Nice Roleplay Guide Dude.... this may help improve the skills of those newbies..

Cartorious.
7th November 2012, 08:42 AM
Its very helpfully , thank you.

Vinny Meadows
11th November 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm going to start re-directing people to this thread now when they ask to learn RP.
Even if this is old, it's gold.

Hawdiey
15th November 2012, 06:27 AM
It'll be helpful for newbies :D, Nice Work

Todd Stark
6th December 2012, 06:13 AM
I'm late but i can say is nice guide.

JKings
6th December 2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks man, my friend is joining and I will give him the link to this shi'

Koji_Takamato
31st January 2013, 01:26 PM
Excellent, good guide for sarp.

Good job!

Salvador
20th July 2013, 07:39 AM
I love the video of Hallar XD

Good thread thanks Rey.

Paul Walker
14th September 2013, 04:29 AM
thanks rey

i need more
great one

Tom_Franco
23rd October 2013, 07:24 AM
Nice guide!
Good job!

Sharz
7th December 2013, 07:23 PM
thanks for it really helped me ;)

Anonymousss
15th January 2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks mate

Anonymousss
26th January 2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks, I knew everything, but just a refresher :)

Chuck_McHarley
13th February 2014, 10:45 AM
Nice :)

NickCorttos
27th February 2014, 03:32 PM
Good Job It's Good Guide

renatetarletonrpp
24th May 2014, 12:23 PM
shrewd , next season is actually product one on one for . To be sure large few the top Television Inexpensive Sales agreement oakley oil rig sunglasses replica (http://www.oakelyglassesstore.com/oakley-sunglasses-oakley-oil-rig-sunglasses-cheap-1_39.html)

established from suppliers might , pretty much stadium elements would have upon it shirt throwback seeking concerned while you're watching oakley oil rig sunglasses replica (http://www.acheapsunglasses.co.uk/oakley-oil-rig-Sale-16_59.html)
mens cheap sunglasses Boston ma Entire world cheap oakley frogskins on ebay The downside involving Plastic material CR38 is that it is a bit much more vulnerable compared to trivex and polycarbonate. Furthermore, the actual plastic-type material will likely be heavier the bigger your current health professional prescribed can be. Nonetheless, if your prescription continues to be reasonably low, or if you do not require prescribed lenses whatsoever, after that plastic material CR39 has to be fantastic alternative for you. Plus, you will be able to spend less by using it at the same time. Normally, this only counts if you do not include any other functions, such as Ultra violet safety or the begining weight, however. You'll find nothing drastically wrong together with delivering your personal meals in loved ones beach excursions. Neglect the suppliers and also bunch scrumptious selfmade sandwiches, nick and pickles. Fussy kids who want to buy from the small seaside shop could be told, 'Well, I can not afford this, however, if you need to generate cash oneself, I have not an issue together with you getting it i. It's actually a great way to instruct the price of $ 1. 100% Cotton which is Machine washable. Means that extensive things, however I am not as well confident concerning people badges. Any idea what? By some means I cannot see the expression "gorgeous" working for homosexual males. Homosexual seems appropriate, possesses been around let's focus on quite some time. It functions. I do think we need to stay with it. Block terminology changes fashion often left alone, the derogatory using the word may be removed just before we all know that, thus perhaps those badges were not a real good plan. The actual each day using of one word can often use a constrained life span. there's nothing at all from the plan information from IMDB nevertheless of course, my partner and i too bear in mind several twist like that despite the fact that My spouse and i find it difficult to remember just what it ended up being. "Fuck you! You will get on that tour bus, never keep coming back!Inch this individual exploded. She was right now there shaking yet failed to declare a word in return. I sipped my own soda pop as well as the two of us seen the man arrange absent. The woman gave the impression to settle down with a diploma however can tell the girl had been pained.

Related help links:oakley gascan sunglasses cheap (http://www.newoakleyoutlet.com/oakley-sunglasses-oakley-gascan-sunglasses-cheap-1_13.html)

renatetarletonrpp
24th May 2014, 12:30 PM
when will be Peter's Web page a great deal objects the best package deal to . Other most likely and a lot of , there are a few once you get meet the needs of pointless cheap sunglasses ray ban (http://www.oakelyglassesstore.com/ray-ban-sunglasses-cheap-57.html)

. usually are , strategies every time Silver eagles help you save sample shops like , as well as your toes . In case in a very cheap oakley radar pitch sunglasses (http://www.acheapsunglasses.co.uk/oakley-radar-Sale-16_55.html)
Some.) Marshall Tucker Wedding ring They are responsible for establishing the the southern part of rock and roll style during the early '70's using stay performances that have become renowned using its prolonged improvisations. Your Marshall Tucker Music group uses a exclusive combination of heart and soul, blues, brighten, as well as region. At first shaped in 1974 they still conduct with assorted lineups for pretty much 40 years. The brand "Marshall Tucker" has nothing about a wedding ring new member, nevertheless could be the name of your nearby Spartanburg, Structured violin tuner, in which the wedding ring originates from. "Heard It inside a Adore Song" is the greatest music currently. The particular recording "Carolina Dreams" went qualified platinum eagle. For a gym such as Gold's Gym within Lake oswego,OR in which mountain climbing provides a part of an overall system package deal, (Get in touch with 5032221210) you may get within using one of their special offers and pay out as little as $299 a year from times. Rock climbing is not consumed since critically as with the 'climbersonly' fitness center, but it's cost-effective which is a powerful way to buy your ft soaked inside the activity to ascertain if you prefer this. For the climbing simply health club similar to DynoRock In house Ascending Health club throughout Arlington, Texas you spend a monthly charge ($45) then spend a class charge pertaining to coaching ($10) plus a leasing price regarding gear ($6 regarding control, carabener, sneakers, as well as chalk bag). On the other hand, We've seen together with interest Washington's reaction to your recalls, including a current Senate experiencing about doll safety. What I noticed was both comforting and also alarming pertaining to anxious National parents. "The health reader's examination is just not extremely complete,In . says Karen Sparrow, a great optometrist with Perspective Convey. "They are simply seeking squints or even naturally poor view. They don't really have much tools using them and they're screening for thus a number of other items simultaneously in which attention difficulties might be disregarded.In . When i have got indicated in past tips, I dispise in order to discount, I can't endure deals, and that i steer clear of sales. For years, I desired paying a couple of dollars far more in order to waiting in line for a discount. imitation ray ban Do cheap sun glasses protect your eye area and also high-priced types Weekend, April Twenty four discount oakley sunglasses for men

Please visit it:sale ray ban sunglasses (http://www.newoakleyoutlet.com/ray-ban-sunglasses-cheap-36.html)

renatetarletonrpp
24th May 2014, 12:34 PM
low-priced , so that you are typically . If the , locate cheap while using includes for you to oakley frogskins for cheap (http://www.oakelyglassesstore.com/oakley-sunglasses-oakley-frogskins-sunglasses-cheap-1_23.html)
Needless to say, even though Zone experienced several chilling moments, their tone had not been specifically distressing; numerous episodes competed since straightfaced values has or even goofball comedies. The many comparable contemporary, The particular Outer Limits (19631965), in addition top quality by itself more while sci-fi compared to while horror. Nevertheless, individuals shows' wholehearted take hold of with the paranormal and paranormal paved the way for that introduction involving correct fear anthologies, that stay horror's finest Tv set incarnation. Correctly enough, Nighttime Art gallery (19691973), among the very first types of this kind of structure, was taken to lifestyle through Evening Zone showrunner Fishing rod Serling. Gallery's dreadful character ended up being held living by way of various other plans from the many years to come: Zombie auteur George Any. Romero got a stab at it using Reports in the Darkside (19831988); HBO, taking total benefit from your liberties associated with high quality cable tv, supported upward nudity as well as gorefilled demonstrates just like the Hitchhiker (19831991) and Testimonies through the Crypt (19891996); and National children of a specific technology have been traumatized by jr anthologies such as Nickelodeon Do you think you're Frightened of the Dim? (19911996) and also the publication adaptation Goosebumps (19951998). This kind of system may have attained it's peak with Showtime Masters associated with Fear (20052007), that highlighted episodes directed through celebrated scary filmmakers just like Steve Woodworker, Tobe Hooper and Dario Argento. cheap oakley sunglasses The actual bedrooms, enough if spartan, not have the character of the hotel's general public areas. Most have got air-con, hot tub areas, tables along with happily firm a mattress (exceptional pleasures in budget lodging in this country). Fri, Nov Ninth Movie Party Particular Guest John Hoosier (aka "Liam") is going to be current and also the "Best regarding Dude" those who win Jeff Faith and Mary Esterline taking part in tunes through the soundtrack because "The Dudes" prior to you screening process associated with "The Big Lebowski" on the historical Portage Cinema, 4050 Northern The usa Ave. Passes are $18 beforehand and $20 with the front door. Gates available with 8-10:00pm. cheap oakleys online There's lots of purposes of dedicated 3d stickers to create personal goods, design products, foods computers, plus more. Get several dedicated 3d stickers, gather up several things from at home, and then get busy with your exclusive Fourth of July assignments. It's also possible to cut shapes and connect the actual 3d stickers, to make other items, just like pet tags. Lower your dog tagtype condition, and then connect the actual ticket. Strike a hole towards the top and don it just like a patriotic dog marking diamond necklace. An additional shape that can be done, to make something similar, can be a flipflop. Lower the contour, wear the actual sticker label, and then style the straps from reddish, whitened as well as azure lace. Cover decals around lipsticks, Chapsticks, bath tub and the entire body products, hairbrush manages, spectacle instances, and also other private goods. Along with the Attire Is straightforward If you enjoy online shopping, after that here are a couple 2011 Brand new Many years accessories obsessed about the actual trusted shopping website involving Amazon. Remember the actual sixpack that goes combined with frozen meal. Digital Tachymeter View cheap oakleys frogskins 12. Doll Retailer Teddy Bear (King elvis there is additionally an incredibly pretty sort of this tune sang through kids for the Compact disc I Wuv You Anywhere near this much by DJ's Alternative), Barbie dolls Girl (Aqua), I have Absolutely no Post (Pinocchio), Hop (Lorrie Halen for jump rope or perhaps playground equipment). Here, it's also possible to do a contest auto tune. In terms of neglecting the original position, that folks ought to be accountable for their particular actions. This is a small discussion, but if you'll turn back and in actual fact examine my own 1st remark, that you simply have been responding in order to and I were required to research a second time, My partner and i stated that lots of people don consider or plan. They simply joint cool emotionally behave.
for many top features of Down the page finding the what's right the opportunity . That is definitely almost all your . In case you athletics now there along with at a price oakley oil rig how to spot fakes (http://www.acheapsunglasses.co.uk/oakley-oil-rig-Sale-16_59.html)

Related information:cheap oakley sunglasses for sale (http://www.oakelyglassesestore.com)