PDA

View Full Version : (Found this Guide) - Aspiring Mobsters.

Ounce Khaza
6th June 2014, 02:32 PM
This may help you all with your mobster roleplay, hopefully it helps.

Starting off.

One thing many neglect when attempting to join a mafia is the primary reason for joining in the first place. Most people I've encountered that wish to join always just say, " I'm looking for some work to do. You know where I can find a job?". That is going about it the wrong way. In real life, most join in order to gain the power and money those already in the family have acquired through the same dirty deeds they performed. Those that have that mindset have already committed many crimes in their past and are searching for a group to back them up in case anything goes wrong in their eventful crime scenes. That's why you buy your way into the family; to prove that you are capable of making money through any means. So, keep in mind not to go up to any italian/serbian/irish character and just ask for a job.

The appropriate way of getting connected to a mafia is through friendship/family member. Before confronting someone in an organized crime family, just create friendly conversation. Through friendship you build trust with one another, showing that you are willing to look out for each other. From this conversation you can have three outcomes...

1. Become good friends with the person and be invited to go somewhere with him.
2. Be dismissed by this person.
3. Become acquaintances, so you will see them around from time to time.

If number one is your outcome, that is good for you. You will be one step closer to making your way into the family. If number two applies to you, don't fret because you were just talking to a bad apple; just try again with someone else. Number three shows small progress, but it's there, at least you will know someone in the crime family you wish to join.

Roleplaying an Outsider

As an outsider do not expect constant roleplay from the faction. As an outsider you shouldn't expect a lot of roleplay from people you've just met. You maybe called once or twice within two days from your connection to family at the least. The reason this happens is because you have to gain trust with the other associates in order to prove yourself worthy of being within the faction. Crime Families commit crimes and don't want people outside of it to know of their activities. So, they provide you with enough roleplay to satisfy you until you get introduced to your Skipper.

During this trial period you should make sure you give off a good impression to current associatess or made men. To give off a good impression you must show respect to everyone in the faction, whether their an outsider or above. This shows that you know how to present yourself for any occasion. If you talk behind someone's back or whisper in front of others it's considered disrespectful - make sure to refrain from doing either of those two. When you are around others you don't know, wait for a third party to introduce you to them. I learned that through watching documentaries of La Cosa Nostra, Italian Crime Families. I'm not sure if this may apply to other cultural crime families, but I know it is for Italians.

Basically...
-Respect
-Friendly
-Don't speak out of turn ( or ask numerous questions ).

This should be self-explanatory, but I'll address it anyway. Your role as an outsider is to prove yourself as I stated before. When you are given any task to complete from your associate or any other associate be sure to complete it swiftly with no errors. Of course if you don't, it'll show your dependability. During the time you aren't with an associate, create your own RP with others that aren't within the faction and show/share your earnings with the associate to show your RP quality and money making skills.

An Associate's Duty

This is the most common rank in many Crime Families. It means you've proven yourself to be a good earner and trustworthy. You now have the backing of the family behind you through all your crimes; you represent them. However, your quest isn't complete. As an associate you need to get familiar with all other associates in your crew and have contact information. Once, you familiarize yourself with everyone they will call on you and vice versa.

Being at this rank, you should be creating roleplay for others and schemes to help you financially. This is how you get noticed by the higher ups, through your rp quality and how street smart you are. Creating great roleplaying events for other associates and outsiders will give you a good reputation, as the word would soon be sent up to your captain. My suggestion from here is to watch documentaries, read books, look at old screens, to get ideas of what to do during your time in the faction.
This is a series of the Ten Commandments for La Cosa Nostra. Take a look at it and you'll have a better understanding of the concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8eGXOllsU

Taking Care of Business

Business is everything. That's what the entire faction is fixed around. No business, no money. My small advice for this is to attempt to create your own personal business that others usually don't do on a daily basis in your faction. It'll make you stand out to many, showing a great amount of creativity.

Most mob related business are nine times out of ten illegal, because of this I need everyone to be clear to..

not handle business in public locations or within Los Santos.

It should be self-explanatory why you shouldn't, but I will just say it anyways. If you don't realize it or not, there are some civilians/officers/detectives ( sometimes trolls ) that will follow your conversations or follow you around just waiting for you to speak of illegal activities. Once they find anything relating to it they will call 911. Make sure you avoid transactions in public areas.

Be attentive of the outsiders you are bringing in to the family.

This needs to be addressed, because many just get outsiders for the small kick-up they must give you in order to meet the Skipper. That is simply derailing your faction. Bringing in characters that don't use RP to gain their money or don't meet the standards of the faction shouldn't be looked at, unless you plan on improving their quality. If they keep asking numerous questions while in contact with you, I suggest you check their background or their person for bugs/tracking/recording devices, because they maybe working for law enforcement. Outsiders are the future of the entire mafia ( in SA:RP ), making sure they reveal signs of a great future in the faction will destine it for success.

Taking care of someone

This is relative to taking care of your personal business you have to yourself. I encourage everyone to take one's life in the county, in some isolated area where no one will find you or their body. Doing this within Los Santos boundaries gives you a great risk of authorities being notified of such acts. Do not take the chance of killing someone off in the city. This is an organized crime family, you should be prepared to kill without fail if you have to. Performing this task in a sloppy manner will result in you being imprisoned, being killed by the group your victim belonged to; even worse, your own faction Ck'ing you.

Hopefully this will help you all in some sort of way, just read it over like 2 to 3 times just to make sure you have it stored in your brains.

Credits, Arietta.

Hassan Ashas
6th June 2014, 02:35 PM
Nice find. Great guide

Stefan Heiler
6th June 2014, 02:36 PM
It's okay, I guess. Not as good as Cesar's mobster guide.. by far.

Riversparks
6th June 2014, 02:37 PM
You're not backed back your family until you're really a made man. You can get easily whacked.

Ounce Khaza
6th June 2014, 02:39 PM
My advice to people then, is to take Cesar's knowledge, and take this knowledge and put it together therefore you have more knowledge (No shit)-.. But yeah hopefully it helps some of you.

EDIT: Can someone post Cesar's Guide here please, so I can add it in on the thread.

Wasi
6th June 2014, 03:25 PM
My advice to people then, is to take Cesar's knowledge, and take this knowledge and put it together therefore you have more knowledge (No shit)-.. But yeah hopefully it helps some of you.

EDIT: Can someone post Cesar's Guide here please, so I can add it in on the thread.

This one?

http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showthread.php?61078-Mobster-Guide

Kristian
6th June 2014, 03:32 PM

I doubt Cesar would let you use his here, so don't take it for granted. His guide seems way better than this, plus his is made by himself, this isn't.

By the way, you should credit the creator(s).

EDIT: Contacted Cesar, but he didn't reply. :c

Bugsy
6th June 2014, 03:41 PM
Amazing find buddy, Thanks for posting this on our thread, Very informative and I will be implementing a few of the things seen into my own family, Thanks again

-Bugs

Ounce Khaza
8th June 2014, 04:53 PM
I doubt Cesar would let you use his here, so don't take it for granted. His guide seems way better than this, plus his is made by himself, this isn't.

By the way, you should credit the creator(s).

EDIT: Contacted Cesar, but he didn't reply. :c

"Credit the creator" Do you not see at the bottom of the thread in /RED/ no?-.. And Cesar would let me post his thread here for other players to go over to his thread and view his. I would have made one, but I found this guide on a heavy role play servers, forum.

Illuminati
8th June 2014, 09:21 PM
Nice guide.

DragonSlayr
9th June 2014, 11:25 AM
ssdfdfsdf

Jackson_Reid
9th June 2014, 12:10 PM
who he rps here doe?

Ounce Khaza
9th June 2014, 12:12 PM
who he rps here doe?

Tha's true, but I thought I might aswell release this for people like Civitella.

DragonSlayr
9th June 2014, 03:45 PM
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Sam Gideon
9th April 2015, 01:32 PM
Cool