PDA

View Full Version : Can't see HP/Armor Bars

###
7th June 2014, 12:51 PM
I posted this a loooong time ago, and I never got the answer for it - but I can't see HP or armor bars ontop of peoples' heads.

http://i.imgur.com/4l3O7qr.png

I don't know if this helps - but I have the Steam version of San Andreas.
And before this is an "answer" - no I do not have any mods that would have an effect on this as I have never been able to see them since I started playing SAMP.

How do I get it so that they can appear?

Chris_Lacoste
7th June 2014, 12:54 PM
Try reinstalling it, or best solution download illegal gta :D you will be able to see everything + you will be able to install mods as much as you want

###
7th June 2014, 12:59 PM
Try reinstalling it, or best solution download illegal gta :D you will be able to see everything + you will be able to install mods as much as you want

I've uninstalled for SAMP + San Andreas 50+ times.
I am looking for a way that doesn't involve the illegal GTA (if there is).

Hassan Ashas
7th June 2014, 01:02 PM
Did you try pressing F7?

###
7th June 2014, 01:03 PM
Did you try pressing F7?

Lol yes.

Chris_Lacoste
7th June 2014, 01:26 PM
I googled it,
1.try installing gta in another directory,
2.update DirectX to higher or equal to 9,
3.Update video card,
4.Make sure that 'd3d9.dll' is not in root directory of GTA San Andreas try this too.
5.Try disabling and enabling health bar in Options.
6.Or try to use another resolution.
7.Go into the GTA escape menu and check if the HUD is enabled.(Make sure you have HUD: blips & Map in Your Options Settings )

8.Compatibility tab for windows 8 (google search or youtube it)
open gta_sa.exe properties
compatibility
tick "disable desktop themes"
tick "disable desktop composition"
tick "run as administrator"
apply
ok

9.Try reinstalling windows
10.You are maybe missing some files.

And tell me please your windows version sometimes on windows 8,-8,1

Benjamin
7th June 2014, 01:45 PM
Just reinstall your game.

Wasi
7th June 2014, 01:48 PM
Are you using a hud mod? it doesn't shows health & armor bars mostly.

###
7th June 2014, 01:49 PM
Are you using a hud mod? it doesn't show health & armor bars mostly.

It didn't work before I had HUD mods

Just reinstall your game.

Like I said, I've reinstalled it multiple times.

Wasi
7th June 2014, 01:56 PM
It didn't work before I had HUD mods

Like I said, I've reinstalled it multiple times.

Are you reinstalling the game in same folder again and again? if yes then try to install it in a different folder.

Chris_Lacoste
7th June 2014, 01:58 PM
### I told you 10 options.
Btw tell me your windows version

###
7th June 2014, 02:15 PM
Are you reinstalling the game in same folder again and again? if yes then try to install it in a different folder.

### I told you 10 options.
Btw tell me your windows version

I am torrenting it - I will tell you if it works on there.
I am the most current windows (8.1 or whatever)

###
7th June 2014, 07:11 PM
So I tried uninstalling it reinstalling it in a different folder disabling all of my mods/deleting them video card is up to date d3d9 is not in my directory DirectX is over 9

Andy
7th June 2014, 07:19 PM
I had the same problem, I upgraded my PC with a few drivers and it when I logged in game, I got the same problem, no hp/armor bars. I had to re-install windows because of some other shit ( not because of samp ), and it appeared somehow lol. You'll have to downgrade your PC, like removing a few drivers which I don't recommend you, also I heard windows 8 is having that problem, so I suggest you to try with google or ask someone who has windows 8.

Jimmy Timmy
7th June 2014, 07:24 PM
Could be a problem with an old mod so delete you virtual store located at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\
This works for me when old mods seem to show up after uninstalling.

###
7th June 2014, 07:31 PM
Well now..
http://i.gyazo.com/5561addd310a5c9f62ccfb31b26bc778.png

Chris_Lacoste
7th June 2014, 07:32 PM
Problem is windows 8.1 becuase when I checked other threads about this they said it's because of windows version install other version or try this,right click on gta.exe>properties>Compatibility>Than run this program in compatibility mode for windows 98 or try everything :D

Dirk
7th June 2014, 08:34 PM
The illegal copy of GTA SA is a clone of the disk version without working radios which can be fixed in one download; so i'd suggest that. I doubt it's anything to do with being Windows 8.1 as I used to run from that.

Watts.
8th June 2014, 12:41 PM
Problem is windows 8.1 becuase when I checked other threads about this they said it's because of windows version install other version or try this,right click on gta.exe>properties>Compatibility>Than run this program in compatibility mode for windows 98 or try everything :D

Legit answer. Try that ^

Pending player 24 hours.

DeLiveR
8th June 2014, 12:53 PM
I belive that the problem is you having a windows 8 (Am I right you do?)
Anyway, you should try downgrading it to a windows 7 I suggest, because I do not know anything else that could have help you

###
8th June 2014, 03:10 PM

I tried running it on all versions and they all do not execute it except the one i run it with.

Jimmy Timmy
8th June 2014, 03:20 PM

I belive that the problem is you having a windows 8 (Am I right you do?)
Anyway, you should try downgrading it to a windows 7 I suggest, because I do not know anything else that could have help you

Not Windows 8. My desktop runs 8 and it works fine.

Dirk
8th June 2014, 07:11 PM
Did you try a CD/cracked copy?

###
8th June 2014, 08:05 PM
Did you try a CD/cracked copy?

That's the only to work SAMP with it - getting a cracked copy of San Andreas Singleplayer.

Illuminati
9th June 2014, 02:14 AM
Have you updated your windows or anything BIG in your PC before this happened?

Because from what i know if you have illegal gta san andreas and do so your gta WILL get fucked somehow, i can give you a link of the original, i mean the real and original gta san andreas, you need uTorrent, do you want it?

Arash
9th June 2014, 02:16 AM
Are you on windows 8? I have had this problem ever
since I got a new laptop with windows 8 on it and I could never fix it. That's why I can't deal with health hackers -.-

Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye II.
9th June 2014, 02:52 AM
Get a mod it may fix it.

###
9th June 2014, 02:52 AM
Are you on windows 8? I have had this problem every since I got a new laptop with windows 8 on it and I could never fix it. That's why I can't deal with health hackers -.-

I'm sorry :(

Have you updated your windows or anything BIG in your PC before this happened?

Because from what i know if you have illegal gta san andreas and do so your gta WILL get fucked somehow, i can give you a link of the original, i mean the real and original gta san andreas, you need uTorrent, do you want it?

Yeah I got uTorrent - can you send me the link?

Get a mod it may fix it.

Lol which mod? I've had shit tons of new HUD mods and none of them have had the bars in it, so that's not the case.

Watts.
9th June 2014, 01:06 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/350rww6.jpg

I'm having this issue. It doesn't really affect my roleplay time nor anything. Unless of course you spend your whole time in Paintball or DM'ing someone.

You're gonna have to downgrade it or update your drivers to a more compatible hardware according to the game requirements. If not, you simply have to go with it.

Dustin Keys
9th June 2014, 02:59 PM
I have this problem on my laptop and I also know Martin has this same problem which makes it a pain to deal with health hackers as admins.

- The problem isn't windows 8 or any other compatibility mode. ( I have windows 7 on both my computers and it works on one but not the other. )
- The problem was not resolved by updating directx. ( It's been updated )
- The problem is not being caused by some .dll file in the directory. (wat)

So, if you would be kind enough, if you don't know the answer then don't post. Quit suggesting the same things over and over again even after he said it isn't working. I appreciate you telling us to go to google and ask there. Yes, you think I haven't thought of that on his/their/my own? Again, I'm not trying to be mean but the things that are being suggested are unrelated and are suggested over and over again.

Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye II.
9th June 2014, 08:57 PM
Sorry this isn't helpful.

Lol which mod? I've had shit tons of new HUD mods and none of them have had the bars in it, so that's not the case.[/QUOTE]

Maby remove a mod.

Zangetsu
10th June 2014, 09:19 PM
Me and my friend are having the same problem.. Surprise is he has windows 7...

###
10th June 2014, 09:34 PM
So, instead of people saying they're having this problem - can we get someone to actually solve this?

I don't have to downgrade to Windows 7..

Is it my Steam?

Zangetsu
10th June 2014, 09:49 PM
Well I did not had this problem before and i was using windows 8... I'm not sure what i did to make this problem pop