PDA

View Full Version : Advanced FPS Guide // Slice Walshy

Slice Walshy
13th March 2015, 05:07 AM
What's The Best FPS?

Many people throughout the course of time have always pestered their favorite players about their gameplay settings, sensitivity, fps, and so on. FPS, short for frames per second, plays a huge role in in every game, let alone San Andreas and it's understandable that a lot of players inquire about their favorite players' FPS settings. In this guide, I will try to illustrate the differences between high fps and low fps to try to help you figure out what's best for you.

Why is FPS so important in the game? First off, you might have noticed a few things.

[B]Low FPS (Under 37~)
*You run faster than you would with higher fps
*You swim faster than you would with higher fps
*You see less of the turbo cbug shot by the enemy
*You have difficulty performing turbo cbug
*The obvious choppiness of the game
*You might not need to perform the entirety of the shooting animation to hit players with higher FPS

High FPS (54+)
*The obvious smoothness of the game
*More keystrokes can be registered with less chance of animation failure
*Turbo c-bug is quite a bit easier
*Your mechanics against other players will almost definitely improve when using high FPS
*Recorded footage looks extremely better with higher FPS
*You can get 'more stuff done in less time' per second

There are definitely a lot more points to note but the jist of it is simple sacrifices.
Low FPS = See less bullets + Get hit less + GIVE less bullets + Lack of smoothness
High FPS = More enjoyable gameplay + the ability to turbo cbug an entire deagle clip in less than a second. (to players using the same FPS or higher) + Lower FPS can screw you over with the animation cut difference.

The reason why mid FPS (38-53) is not included is because it combines both elements of high and low fps.

I thought the most FPS the eye could see was 24? Why would it matter if I went higher or not, I can't "see it".

You know that's bullshit. /fpslimit 24, then /fpslimit 90. Tell me again you can't "see" it. Lol.

What FPS do you use?

I used to keep a static FPS (lasting like a few months) like most other players nowadays. It would range from 56 (FPS 60) down to 48. Then I realized that my FPS should depend on the weapon/way I want to play instead of what other players mostly use.

Sincerely,
Slice Walshy

Wizzle Fresh
13th March 2015, 05:30 AM
that's nice

Tyler Khan
13th March 2015, 07:19 AM
good job brah.

Tyler Khan
26th March 2015, 03:03 PM
nice one brah.

Andy
26th March 2015, 03:19 PM
We all know pakis have maximum 10 fps

Joe Grotti
26th March 2015, 03:25 PM
For some reason I run at 27-35 FPS when I use ENB...

Slice Walshy
31st March 2015, 02:25 PM
For some reason I run at 27-35 FPS when I use ENB...

Delete your mods. This one is an extreme cause to get your FPS decreased

Makorox
31st March 2015, 02:38 PM
Nice guide...But I get 100 FPS all the time, and /fpslimit 20 doesn't even slow it down by much lol. By the way, 60 FPS is the max your monitor can do, unless you have a 144hz monitor.

Slice Walshy
31st March 2015, 02:49 PM
That is because your frame limiter isn't on if you wanna set your FPS.

Luke
31st March 2015, 03:42 PM
We all know pakis have maximum 10 fps

Like yourself?