PDA

View Full Version : [TUTORIAL] How to RP?

Treyvon_Oteng
5th April 2015, 03:03 PM
I've seen many new people in the community of SA-RP that lack RP they just write a mediocre RP line and that's it.This tutorial will give those who lack that skill information on how to do so and what they should do in certain situations.

Step 1 Understand the meaning and what RP stands for:
RolePlay aka RP means act like a character that you're not in real life it's essentially acting as if everything is real life failure to do so means you are MG'ing (MetaGaming) which means mixing OOC (OutOfCharacter) with IC (InCharacter) information which is a rulebreak and can be punishable. Always be InCharacter when using normal chat if you feel the need to speak OOC then you use /b which is something i've seen many Level 1's lack.

Step 2 Recognize the RP commands:
Guys you have to know the difference between /me and /do if you do not know then you'll have a hard time RP'ing with someone. Now /me (means you doing a action or something RP'ly In-game) /do (the reaction to your character or the enviroment essentially used to remark what is going on in the situation or if the RP line is successful or failure). I've seen many mediocre RP lines like. ex: "/me kills man infront of him" Don't settle for that type of RP line always go beyond and write an RP line as such. ex: "/me lifts his shirt withdrawing his tucked Glock.8 from his waistline and flicks safety off later holding weapon against (Name) head later squeezing the trigger once." These type of RP lines is what I would like to see. I may add to this if you want to kill someone you must have an IC reason & you have two options: Scriptly kill or RP'ly kill it does not matter which one you do either one is good but if you want to RP to the max then you may go for the RP'ly kill.

Step 3 Wait for RP response:
Whenever you craft an RP line you must always write a: "/do Can I?" then wait for a response as the player may CounterRP against you in /do then just continue from there. If you write an RP line then later do it expecting it to be successful then that is known as PG (PowerGaming) which means doing something inhumanely impossible like ex: "/me grabs gun then kills everybody next to him." If you itch to write an RP line like this then atleast write "/do S/F Auto S in 15 seconds?" the punishment may not be as severe as if you'd just do it without response.

And last but not least have fun RP'ing hopefully this tutorial helped the level 1's perhaps level 2's and give them an idea of the essential RP that we are looking for thank you in advanced for reading this tutorial.

Additional Ex:
*reaches for his his duty belt withdrawing his silver S & D cuffs slapping them onto the man/woman's wrists*
*S/F Auto S in 15 seconds*
*grabs onto the suspects collar leading him to the back of the PD cruiser gently but with a firm grip*
*whilst grabbing onto the suspects collar he extends his other hand to the door handle turning it right opening the door later putting the suspect inside*
*extends his arms out towards the MDC laptop next to him later entering in his login information where it belongs*
*types in the suspects name in the roster pulling up his information later shifting focuse to his folder adding charges*

Ideally during these RP lines you would ask for the suspect's name etc but what you just read is a core example of what an RP line must look like and what the /do should be written in to wait for the counter RP.

PerfectWheelSpin
5th April 2015, 03:11 PM
Lol, this should be in Guides / Tutorials, not graphics tutorials..

Sinny
5th April 2015, 03:12 PM
You know this is the Graphics section, not the guides section?
I'd request everyone not to post anything here, I'll contact an administrator move it to proper sections.

Paul Walker
5th April 2015, 03:13 PM
Moved to the Guides and tutorials section.

Treyvon_Oteng
5th April 2015, 03:14 PM
My apologies did not notice it was in the Graphics section...

Paul Walker
5th April 2015, 03:17 PM
My apologies did not notice it was in the Graphics section...

No problem my friend, can you please change the font.. I can't read it without my glasses.

Kurt
5th April 2015, 03:29 PM
In my opinion, this guide needs extensive work for it to be even decent. Don't take this as offensive, I'm genuinely trying to suggest things.

1. Don't use bold for the entire text, only for the title of the section you are talking about. Bold is suppose to only be used on a few select words to make them stand out, but having it be around the entire text makes it extremely hard and annoying to look at.
2. Show some examples, in separate lines than the section itself. That way we can easily see what you are trying to explain, and have an example to base off of.
3. Use correct grammar / spelling in your guide. I have a hard time finding any punctuation, and you have a lot of run-on sentences. You misspell "you're", instead writing "your", etc.
4. In section 3, you said that you HAVE to type /do Can I? after each interaction you do involving another player or their belongings, so to speak. This is not necessarily wrong, but it isn't right. You can ask, for example, if you can Auto-S all of your actions unless told otherwise. That way, you don't have to constantly keep typing it after each action. I do this all the time when interacting with patients as SAFMD, seeing as it would be a bit clunky if I did this, for example:
*Kurt Sidman reaches into the Rapid Response Kit, pulling out an antiseptic wipe as he places it on the patient's body, wiping around the wound*
*Can I? (Kurt Sidman)*
*Kurt Sidman reaches into the RRK, pulling out a bandage, placing it on the patient as he secures it in place with surgical tape*
*Can I? (Kurt Sidman)*
As opposed to:
*Kurt Sidman reaches into the Rapid Response Kit, pulling out an antiseptic wipe as he places it on the patient's body, wiping around the wound*
*Auto-S'ing unless told otherwise (Kurt Sidman)*
*Kurt Sidman reaches into the RRK, pulling out a bandage, placing it on the patient as he secures it in place with surgical tape*

Obviously, you'd want to wait a moment before doing your next action, just in-case they role-play that they moved or something, therefore preventing you from doing your action on them.

This guide needs a lot more work though.

Treyvon_Oteng
5th April 2015, 03:34 PM
Thank you,Kurt for the suggestions I will update it soon. :)

BROWN
5th April 2015, 03:38 PM
Not bad, congratulations for the new rank.

M1k3y
5th April 2015, 03:38 PM
All i'd like to say is Nice.

Wander_Boy
5th April 2015, 05:09 PM
This should be in the tutorial IG so noobs know what to do, because its unlikely they will visit the fourms.

Sam Gideon
9th April 2015, 01:15 PM
thanks

Treyvon_Oteng
9th April 2015, 08:34 PM
No problem feel free to share this to all-new players I believe this is what is necessary to decrease Non-RP Behavior & Rule-breaker's many thanks for reading this it means allot to me! :D