PDA

View Full Version : Transparent avatar.

De$hawn
12th April 2015, 12:41 PM
In-Game Name: Taye_Simmons
Date: 12/04/2015
Your Question:
As you can see my avatar does not appear transparent, but the image I've used is transparent. What now?

Neftali™
12th April 2015, 01:18 PM
You need to find someone who can edit the outer layers of your avatar, what they will do is make the outer layers the same color as the forums color "dark grey" therefore making your avatar appear transparent.

Edward
12th April 2015, 01:31 PM
you need to edit out the background and just totally delete it in photoshop. make sure the avatar is 180x200 and save the image as a png. when you upload it, it will be transparent. don't do what neftali said and just make the background dark grey, that's not at all in any way, shape, or form making an image transparent.

or you can actually go on google and find one that is already transparent. you can tell if it is transparent if it has checkered boxes in the background. just make sure you change the dimensions on it to 180x200 before you upload it to the forums otherwise it will not be transparent.

http://i.imgur.com/UGSQXzC.png

De$hawn
12th April 2015, 01:33 PM
Nvm changed my avatar but yes.

Thank you anyways, useful for my next ava.

Neftali™
12th April 2015, 01:53 PM
you need to edit out the background and just totally delete it in photoshop. make sure the avatar is 180x200 and save the image as a png. when you upload it, it will be transparent. don't do what neftali said and just make the background dark grey, that's not at all in any way, shape, or form making an image transparent.

or you can actually go on google and find one that is already transparent. you can tell if it is transparent if it has checkered boxes in the background. just make sure you change the dimensions on it to 180x200 before you upload it to the forums otherwise it will not be transparent.

http://i.imgur.com/UGSQXzC.png

Doing it the way you're saying it will just make the back ground black as it's a avatar not a signiture, if not I would've suggested your method.

Edward
12th April 2015, 01:58 PM
Doing it the way you're saying it will just make the back ground black as it's a avatar not a signiture, if not I would've suggested your method.

no, it will make the background transparent. it doesn't matter if it's an avatar or a signature, as long as the dimensions are correct it will come out transparent.

here's the raw image for my current avatar.
http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/customavatars/avatar26603_54.gif

i have the background completely removed and it still remained transparent on the forums. you're little method isn't creating a transparent image. it's just simply matching a color with a color.

Kristian
12th April 2015, 02:17 PM
A simple trick is to upload the avatar, find the resized image and then edit the resized avatar, remove everything you don't want and upload it.

Elijah van Meijer
12th April 2015, 03:30 PM
Awaiting player, 24 hours.

Justin Fakie
12th April 2015, 10:34 PM
The background will be black or whatever color you set it to be if the image has no alpha channel. Deleting the background makes it transparent if there's an alpha channel. Photoshop does this automatically, but you might have to do it manually if you use GIMP or other software.

Just so anyone else with the problem will know.

De$hawn
12th April 2015, 10:37 PM
hey motherfuckers

thank you for answering my shit

this can be locked

Joseph Kennedy
14th April 2015, 08:59 AM
Answered