PDA

View Full Version : How to change f7(screenshot key) into something

#Montana
15th April 2015, 04:49 PM
Well the title says it all.

My laptop won't take pictures by F7 since its airplane mode for me. I'm wondering how i can change the screenshot key into something if thats possible.

Antonio
15th April 2015, 06:14 PM
Well the title says it all.

My laptop won't take pictures by F7 since its airplane mode for me. I'm wondering how i can change the screenshot key into something if thats possible.

You can't change the key for the screenshots to be honest, I would recommend you to install Fraps and make Screenshots / Videos with it.
Also you can use the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard to make them, after that open Paint and Press "Ctrl + V" and save the picture.
These are the only ways if your "F8" button is not working in-game.

#Montana
15th April 2015, 06:15 PM
You can't change the key for the screenshots to be honest, I would recommend you to install Fraps and make Screenshots / Videos with it.
Also you can use the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard to make them, after that open Paint and Press "Ctrl + V" and save the picture.
These are the only ways if your "F8" button is not working in-game.

Alright i suppose. Well close this.

Neftali™
15th April 2015, 07:50 PM
Yeah you will most likely just need to download fraps or another program that allows you to take SS's, but I'l also look into finding a way to change the key, if I do, I'l VM you.

Armin
15th April 2015, 10:01 PM
Hello! You need to press the "FN" key first then F8 to take the screen-shot. The FN key can be located on the left side of the space bar.
So to take screen-shot
1.Press FN
2.Press F8 .

I hope it will be the answer to your question, Thank you :)

Justin Fakie
15th April 2015, 11:12 PM
All those F# function keys are hard coded into SAMP I believe. As others have stated already, a recording software can take screens and you can record if you ever need video evidence lol. An overlay like Xfire, Steam, or Overwolf can also take screenshots for you. Use those if you want to access to extra things while still being in game. These are your options, go nuts.

Emily Grey
15th April 2015, 11:26 PM
You can remap it using autohotkey. Just make a script that presses F8 whenever you press this replacement key, it won't work if its a normal letter that you'd type regularly but you could bind it to numpad or something.

Example:

Numpad1::
SendInput {F8}
return

But as somebody has already mentioned you just need to press Fn+F8, your laptop uses the buttons for the alt controls like volume and stuff and some laptops have you press fn to use those just depends on the laptop if that makes any sense.

Ezi Royal
15th April 2015, 11:36 PM
Fn+f7

Donald DiVittorio
16th April 2015, 11:35 AM
Answered.