PDA

View Full Version : [gta:samp fix | crashing when entering cars/buildings]

Stefan Heiler
19th April 2015, 12:01 PM
Okay, well. I can't post this shit in the guides section, so I guess I'll have to post it in here.

People have been having the issue where they enter cars or buildings and crash. I've found a fix for this. This occurs due to steam having removed certain audio files from the GTA:SA directory, meaning that players crash around boomboxes, when they enter cars and houses.

STEP 1

Download this. This is an .ini file, you'll have to have to have a .ini launcher to use it (a single file you drag into your GTA:SA directory).

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25368

Here's the .ini launcher. You'll need to drag that into your GTA:SA directory too, preferably before you drag the files above into your GTA:SA directory.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=21709

STEP 2

Okay, so, now that we've installed those, we need to downgrade your GTA:SA. We'll be downgrading it to a point where Rockstar/Steam didn't remove the songs. This is the downgrade link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1wg7fvfldwm2mby/SA+Steam+DG+11-7-14.exe

After you've downloaded that, and installed it into your GTA:SA directory, it should work!

Extras:

If for some reason you get 'Unknown Version', it's because of the GTA-SA.exe you have. It needs to be one of these:

USA 1.01 (http://megagames.com/fixes/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-v101-eu)
USA 2.00
EU 1.01
EU 2.00
GER 1.01
GER 1.00

Happy SA:RP'ing!

Calvin Catt
19th April 2015, 12:08 PM
testing this shit out
hopefully it works

Stefan Heiler
19th April 2015, 12:21 PM
testing this shit out
hopefully it works

It worked for me, so hopefully it works for others.

Cody Burnett.[old]
19th April 2015, 12:25 PM
ye, l'll try.

Rello.
19th April 2015, 01:05 PM
Cool, it works for me thx ;)

Donbot™
19th April 2015, 02:52 PM
---->guide

Stefan Heiler
19th April 2015, 04:57 PM
---->guide

----> if you read it, i states that i cannot post it in the guides section <----

Cogito
20th April 2015, 01:49 PM
Aw, I know that the Steam update ruined the game for many, but for those that haven't installed it and still crash when entering cars:

1. Remove every audio file in your "SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\audio\streams" EXCEPT "AA", "ADVERTS", "AMBIENCE", "BEATS" and "CUTSCENE". Having the radios in cars crashed me every time I tried to enter a car. After this fix, I never crash.

Just thought I should mention this here for those who don't have the problem with the Steam update but still crash.

Luke Shiels
30th April 2015, 04:07 PM
Moved for you Stefan!

Kristian
30th April 2015, 04:08 PM
Moved for you Stefan!

inb4 Helper Team goes nuts on you, this section is apparently for "approved guides" or whatever from the PR group.

Henderson
30th April 2015, 05:14 PM
inb4 Helper Team goes nuts on you, this section is apparently for "approved guides" or whatever from the PR group.

This has been approved by 'Henderson'.

Good guide, I crash less whilst playing SA:RP now +1.

Clark.
30th April 2015, 05:28 PM

I doubt so. However he moved it to "old guide & tutorials" section anyways. He can easily ask a PR member to get his tutorial into the main section =)

Criss Mclarean
12th September 2015, 10:53 PM
But what if i didnt downloaded my GTA San Andreas from Steam but still if i enter i vehicle i crash? Do i still need to try this?

Adams
13th September 2015, 07:02 PM
But what if i didnt downloaded my GTA San Andreas from Steam but still if i enter i vehicle i crash? Do i still need to try this?

Follow the actual steps which has been already mentioned above, if these steps don't help you and you still require assistance try to successfully neitralize /your/ modifications if you've installed them before if you have not reinstall the GTA San Andreas game and enjoy your stay.