http://i.imgur.com/CYkYN.png
In Game Name:
Luke ShielsLevel:
38Date:
06/05/2015Appealing For:
MuteInvolved Helper:
Hassan Eagle?Screenshot of the Incident:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2hnnifp.pngState the reason for your appeal:
Because I never meant it in an offence/abusive way? Saying "fucking" isn't offence.

It's aggressive, but I never meant it in an offence way.

If I said "you fucking idiot" or something alike, that is offence/abusive.

Even Bial said "okay" when I told him I meant nothing by it.

Maybe the fact you're not English you won't get it? Idk.Additional Information:
Antonio also agreed that I shouldn't have been perm muted.

I feel like a VERBAL warning would have cut it, not even a newbie warn.

This is an 18+ game, using the word "fucking" is nothing..

I've never nor seen anyone muted anyone for using the word "fucking", maybe a verbal warning at most.

Oh and afaik the warnings I had were from Phelps and over Helpers at the time warning me when I was an admin.

Cameron
6th May 2015, 01:44 PM
luke why you bming him geez

Luke Shiels
6th May 2015, 01:50 PM
luke why you bming him geez

m8 that a8 bm at all!

:( i just wanna help pplz

Bilal.
6th May 2015, 02:24 PM
I crashed and couldn't see the answer, and I asked again when I came back, though he didn't harm at all with that "fucking", idk if this can help him to get unmuted, just saying.

Luke Shiels
6th May 2015, 02:50 PM
I crashed and couldn't see the answer, and I asked again when I came back, though he didn't harm at all with that "fucking", idk if this can help him to get unmuted, just saying.

ye im just that type of guy, i mean no harm by it at all :)

also, the question came up about 4 times since I was logged in... You know, I was trying to get the point across haha.

Rick
6th May 2015, 03:25 PM
You don't see admins or helpers replying the same way;
Noob: How do I use sprunk?
You: It's fucking /usesoda.
Or
You: It's /usesoda
The word "fucking" can change the whole sentence drastically. I can see it as you being you. But another person who doesn't know you like the community would assume you're getting mad or pissed off for him asking the question. & Who knows he'll end up being scared to ask another question. I say unmute him but that's just me.

Jizzy Black
6th May 2015, 03:55 PM
You don't see admins or helpers replying the same way;
Noob: How do I use sprunk?
You: It's fucking /usesoda.
Or
You: It's /usesoda
The word "fucking" can change the whole sentence drastically. I can see it as you being you. But another person who doesn't know you like the community would assume you're getting mad or pissed off for him asking the question. & Who knows he'll end up being scared to ask another question. I say unmute him but that's just me.

What you are saying here is totally different. The aggression he did was for repetition which is totally fine. He thought he was trolling or w/e.

Luke Shiels
6th May 2015, 05:36 PM
What you are saying here is totally different. The aggression he did was for repetition which is totally fine. He thought he was trolling or w/e.

Indeed I did think he was trolling and that. Plus I know he was a high leveled player.

I'd never use that type of language towards a newbie straight off the bat. It's not like I haven't had numerous staff positions (HH, SH, admin...) and been a famed member within this community or nothing.

Anyway guys, lets just see what the PR team have to say :) Just would like to be unmuted thats all!

Hassan Ashas
7th May 2015, 01:46 AM
Yes, I was the one who muted you.
You should have not used the word "fucking" over /newb. You are one of most experienced players currently playing in SARP. You were an admin and was a helper as well. If a player is trolling then that doesn't mean that you start using offensive language. You could have asked him not to do it or you could have requested a helper to warn/mute him for trolling over /newb. We didn't ask you to reply over /newb. Feel free not to do it but if you are willing to help then please avoid offensive words. In my opinion, considering your experience and level, you deserved the mute.
Pending HH+ to make a decision.

Luke Shiels
7th May 2015, 01:58 PM
You should have not used the word "fucking" over /newb. You are one of most experienced players currently playing in SARP. You were an admin and was a helper as well. If a player is trolling then that doesn't mean that you start using offensive language. You could have asked him not to do it or you could have requested a helper to warn/mute him for trolling over /newb. We didn't ask you to reply over /newb. Feel free not to do it but if you are willing to help then please avoid offensive words. In my opinion, considering your experience and level, you deserved the mute.

Offensive
əˈfɛnsɪv/Submit
adjective
causing someone to feel resentful, upset, or annoyed.

I didn't make Bilal feel resentful, upset or annoyed.. I used in, maybe, an aggressive manner. Which isn't offensive.

There's a difference.

At the end of the day, I answered his question AND I wasn't "abusing"..

You didn't ask me to reply over /newb, but like you said, I have way more experience than some/most of the helpers at current. (By which I mean no disrespect).

Let this pending the PR team.

Donald DiVittorio
7th May 2015, 02:24 PM

As he said, you shouldn't use offensive words over newbie channel as you are an experienced player. You have to explain them what they should act over newbie and not to ask one questions many times if already someone gave him a response.
Contact any helper IG to remove your mute. Your warn will stay.

Luke Shiels
7th May 2015, 02:30 PM
As he said, you shouldn't use offensive words over newbie channel as you are an experienced player. You have to explain them what they should act over newbie and not to ask one questions many times if already someone gave him a response.
Contact any helper IG to remove your mute. Your warn will stay.

Alright. I'll steer clear of using that type of profanity over the newbie chat.