PDA

View Full Version : Character Retirement/CK

Flux
9th May 2015, 01:03 PM
In-Game Name: Calvin Adam
Date: 09/05/2015
Your Question:
Just a quick question that I wasn't too sure of the answer to.

If I were to "retire" (not kill) my current character and pretty much stop using them, to move on to another as my main. Could admins pretty much CK my account (ban and allow me to create a new one, give the level) but with the possibility that I'm able to switch back to my original character (obviously starting fresh) in the future - if I wanted to go back to that?

It may be more suited to be answered by an admin, but I'd like to see if this is possible or something they'd not do.

Pooya
9th May 2015, 01:08 PM
if you CK you can never, ever get that name back, you can do a name change and create an account (level 1) with your old name to avoid people using it and whenever you decide to switch back to your old character you can ask a head+ admin to delete that level 1 account so you can n/c back.

Flux
9th May 2015, 01:11 PM
if you CK you can never, ever get that name back, you can do a name change and create an account (level 1) with your old name to avoid people using it and whenever you decide to switch back to your old character you can ask a head+ admin to delete that level 1 account so you can n/c back.I edited my post afterwards so not sure if you saw that, to point out that when I say retiring my character I mean not killing them off.

Would admins usually be willing to do the normal CK procedure in this instance? And allow me to change back to my original character if I wanted in future?

King Hazard
10th May 2015, 03:13 PM
I edited my post afterwards so not sure if you saw that, to point out that when I say retiring my character I mean not killing them off.

Would admins usually be willing to do the normal CK procedure in this instance? And allow me to change back to my original character if I wanted in future?

They won't Fluxio. You gotta get a N/C then create a new account with the name you want. Unless i'm misunderstanding, you wanna start over your character but continue with the same level? (sound's like CKing n not retiring). Option 1 is how to retire a character, just N/C and create a new account with the same name.

Flux
10th May 2015, 03:36 PM
They won't Fluxio. You gotta get a N/C then create a new account with the name you want. Unless i'm misunderstanding, you wanna start over your character but continue with the same level? (sound's like CKing n not retiring). Option 1 is how to retire a character, just N/C and create a new account with the same name.Nah, not the same character in the case I'm referring to. Simply starting a new character with the same level and without IC stuff (crimes etc) but not actually killing off the previous one.

King Hazard
10th May 2015, 03:43 PM
Nah, not the same character in the case I'm referring to. Simply starting a new character with the same level and without IC stuff (crimes etc) but not actually killing off the previous one.

This is a tuffy. It's basically you doing a CK with the option to go back by not actually killing yourself but rply moving out of the city.

Maybe you can create a new account, have calvin set to lvl 1 and the new account level set to w/e ur current level is at this time. That's the only option I think may be possible for you.

Flux
10th May 2015, 03:58 PM
This is a tuffy. It's basically you doing a CK with the option to go back by not actually killing yourself but rply moving out of the city.

Maybe you can create a new account, have calvin set to lvl 1 and the new account level set to w/e ur current level is at this time. That's the only option I think may be possible for you.I did think of that at one point, but admins probably won't like it incase I namechange on the Calvin Adam account and pretty much have two accounts with high levels. I guess I don't want to do it right now so I'll ask an admin if I wish to pursue it in the future.

Thanks for your replies man.

(@helpers: can be closed now)

Donald DiVittorio
10th May 2015, 04:08 PM
Answered