PDA

View Full Version : MG

Mikhail.
26th May 2015, 06:11 PM
In-Game Name: Vasily_Hlestakov
Date: 27/05/2015
Your Question:
If I have someone's full name ICly,is it valid to get his phone/address with the phone/address book?

Cody Burnett.[old]
26th May 2015, 10:22 PM
Well, you should get his profile from the mobile digital communicator if you're officer of the police department. lf not so you can't get his phone/adress without getting his profile from the mobile digitial communicator.

Metagaming (MG) Using any information that you obtained in an Out Of Character (OOC) contexts in an In Character (IC) situations is strictly prohibited. You can not use OOC information to shape your IC decisions or attitude towards another player or situation. Inversely, you may not use OOC chats to do IC things such as selling materials. Mixing or combining IC and OOC.
Punishment(s):
- 30 minutes prison for level 3 and below.
- 90 minutes prison + 5% fine of the player's total money/Warning.
Example: Acting as if you knew someone because you saw the name tag above their head. Using information which you learned from the Local OOC Chat (/b) and using that information in a roleplay setting.

Big Mac'.
27th May 2015, 12:33 AM
I guess you can say that, although you might wanna RP it, /address and /number are OOC cmds used for RP's and such. So, yeah. If you think the phone/address book is updated with his informations, you might wanna ask him first.

Rick
27th May 2015, 12:38 AM
If you know their names IC'ly, Try searching around asking others "Do you know (person) number?" You can't really gain that much information off someones name. So try asking around instead, Just incase.
Pending Player.

KyleWings
27th May 2015, 01:04 AM
Try to utilize his name and access official / legitimate profile databases that contains full details on this specific name. Like the LSPD's citizens database for example. If you are an officer, or know someone working there, you can obtain someone's number using the PD's MDC.

Joseph Kennedy
27th May 2015, 02:31 PM
Awaiting player

Justin Knight
27th May 2015, 02:46 PM
You can roleplay searching his name on the phone book. There must be listed the number of every person in the city uncluding the name.At least in my village it's so, we've a phone book where is listed everyone's name and number beside it.

Justin Knight - 6969

Yes, you can find someone's number on the book if you know his name ICly. In my opinion.

There is other opinion too.
/number was made only if you forgot someone's number ICly and you want to check it out or you want to send a PM to a person. Not every city has their phone books, we have because It's a small village and It's easier to find. In a city the phone book must be above 10000 pages if it's including the phone number of every person who lives there.

Interesting question. Pending other helpers the share their opinion.

Mikhail.
27th May 2015, 03:07 PM
I found the answer here,thanks everyone.

Joseph Kennedy
27th May 2015, 04:43 PM
Answered