PDA

View Full Version : SA-MP won't install

Argo
16th June 2015, 03:17 AM
In-Game Name: Argo Sin
Date: 16/06/2015
Your Question:
So i got a different computer that im trying to install GTA SAMP on so i can play with my brother, however it won't install for some reason, i have GTA SA installed and it won't even open. can anyone help me with this?Maybe use teamviewer and do it for me(i have a legal copy of GTA SA, its from steam)

Todd Stark
16th June 2015, 03:22 AM
Have you tried re-downloading SA-MP?

Argo
16th June 2015, 03:26 AM
Have you tried re-downloading SA-MP?

SA-MP Won't even install, it's kind of a fresh computer doesn't have winrar or anything, do i need those or what

Todd Stark
16th June 2015, 03:27 AM
Like I said, have you tried re-downloading?? If not that may be causing the problem.

Argo
16th June 2015, 03:38 AM
Like I said, have you tried re-downloading?? If not that may be causing the problem.

Re-downloading GTA SA, hopefully that will fix it. I'll let you know

James.
16th June 2015, 04:40 AM
Try reinstalling your game and sa-mp following this guide:

1. Go to http://www.sa-mp.com/download.php and download the client.
2. Go to http://www.freeinfosociety.com/site.php?postnum=867 to download a 1.0 SA EXE.
3. Open up the file from step 2 and get out the EXE and put it in C:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/Steamapps/Common/GrandtheftautoSanAndreas (Make sure you rename the EXE that originally came with steam before putting this one in there. I name the steam one GTA-SA(steam) just so I don't get them mixed up).
4. Run the client you got from SA-MP.com
It will ask you where to install... Install to C:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/Steamapps/Common/GrandtheftautoSanAndreas
5. MAKE SURE THE EXE THAT CAME WITH STEAM IS RENAMED SOMETHING ELSE AND THE ONE YOU DOWNLOADED IS GTA-SA. Also do not run it through steam.
6. Now open up 'samp' in your San Andreas files and it will ask you where you installed it (see # 3) Create a username and when you try and join a server it will ask for password. Dont mind that, just hit connect and boom. Profit.
7. YOU CANNOT PLAY THE REGULAR SAN ANDREAS THROUGH STEAM WITH THE EXE YOU DOWNLOADED. YOU MUST RENAME THE EXE YOU DOWNLOADED TO SOMETHING LIKE GTA-SA (mp) AND THEN RENAME THE EXE YOU GOT FROM STEAM BACK TO GTA-SA.
8. Have fun
(Note: Once you get in game and at the menu and stuff in GTA, you must press RETURN, default key, ENTER to select a button, not click).

IF ALL ELSE FAILS WHEN YOU TRY TO INSTALL AND IT WONT LET YOU, THE BUTTON STAYS GREY AND YOU'VE DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT, RUN THE CLIENT AS ADMINISTRATOR

Argo
16th June 2015, 06:19 AM
Alright now when i try launch GTA SA It says it's corrupt and doesn't open at all.. What in the world is going on lol

EDIT: I Fixed it, all good now. Post may be closed :)

Keven Ruthless
16th June 2015, 10:24 AM
Answered