PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 game bug

Zangetsu
1st August 2015, 07:29 AM
everytime i open gta i get a blackscreen, i just installed directx 11 and before that the windows installed something called direct play or something but still i get a blackscreen....

Nightmaid
1st August 2015, 08:10 AM
Try installing this one.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Armin.
1st August 2015, 08:17 AM
You need DX9 what Neko said and update your graphic card drivers.

Zangetsu
1st August 2015, 09:43 AM
please delete this reply

Zangetsu
1st August 2015, 09:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CQh7Rkp.png

Joe Grotti
1st August 2015, 10:24 AM
Is GTA SA Even compatible with windows 10... as it's an old game.. I remember I couldn't run gta vice city on windows 8

Also not sure if Windows 10 has that compatibility option in properties

Nightmaid
1st August 2015, 10:30 AM
Is GTA SA Even compatible with windows 10... as it's an old game.. I remember I couldn't run gta vice city on windows 8

Yes, it does work with Windows 10, there's no need for compatibility mode either as it works without it.

However, back on topic, have you checked Windows updates? This is just a wild guess, but it could have something to do with DX12 needing an update, I honestly have no idea since I didn't have to try anything to get SAMP working after upgrading to Windows 10.

Watson
1st August 2015, 10:52 AM
Try this:
http://puu.sh/jlpCK/09aa071932.jpg

OG - Baig ™
1st August 2015, 10:52 AM

Im running it on windows 10 pro.

Sean Johnson
1st August 2015, 11:52 AM
I have a problem with GTA SA aswell. If I run GTA SA on the highest possible resolution and alt tab out of the game my screen becomes fully black. If I then randomly click at the bottom of my screen ( Because I can still see my mouse. ) I will soon enough click on GTA SA randomly, pop back into the game, and then my screen is normal again. If I alt tab again, same happens. However if I change my resolution and set it one lower I can alt tab out and in the game just fine, nothing happens, however if you don't play at max resolution you can't press F8 to take screenshots. Which I first fixed by SSing with Fraps but it just gets frustrating to SS with Fraps all the time and I also prefer to just play in max resolution. Anyone knows how to fix this? For your problem Zangetsu I'd say maybe reinstall GTA SA?

Keven Ruthless
1st August 2015, 12:07 PM
Awaiting Player - 12 hours.

Zangetsu
1st August 2015, 03:23 PM
I've tried to turn off the direct play it says i need directx 9 or less, even tho i have directx 11

Maybe this is because Intel graphic card is buggy? i don't see the option (Switchable programs) for the amd card

i don't even see the catalyst manager or anything about the AMD even thou i installed the software...

Zangetsu
2nd August 2015, 02:46 AM
I just installed the catalyst manager thing and nothing happend.

The problem is that the game actually OPENS i can hear the sounds and the clickings but my screen is black and i can't see anything but i can do anything i want

Zangetsu
2nd August 2015, 04:14 AM
I fixed it by deleting GTA_SA.set or something on the gta file from teh documents

i guess the problem was with the resolution

Bilal.
2nd August 2015, 06:28 AM
I fixed it by deleting GTA_SA.set or something on the gta file from teh documents

i guess the problem was with the resolution

Great! Answered.