http://i.imgur.com/CYkYN.png
In Game Name:
Jax_BoltLevel:
28Date:
23/09/2015Appealing For:
MuteInvolved Helper:
Sean_PalmerScreenshot of the Incident:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2wlzek8.pngState the reason for your appeal:
well its annoying when people call you and you cant pick up or /h and stuff like that. also my question was a pretty good question to be honestAdditional Information:
Yes

Sil
23rd September 2015, 02:17 PM
The helpers have been discussing this for a couple of minutes on /hc and it appears that we're kind of divided about the decision.
Some helpers think it's not for /newb, others think it's a valid question.

I think it would be good to hear the opinion from a Head Helper or other Public Relations member.

Palmer
23rd September 2015, 02:23 PM
Posting once then this'll be left to Head Helpers and the PR Team...

I believe it was abuse because of your level. You know the answer to the question, and also it was an obvious attempt to communicate with whoever was calling you, telling them you were in jail.

I saw the /newbie as being the same as "Can someone tell Sil Wheatly I'm in jail" or "How can I tell Sil Wheatly him in Jail."

If someone calling you in jail was an issue, you could have just /togphone.

Bella
23rd September 2015, 02:34 PM
To be fair it is a valid Question however considering your level i believe you did it to abuse. Sean pretty much said it above. ^

Jax.
23rd September 2015, 02:39 PM
well i just got unbanned and i have forgot a lot stuff about sarp... i didn't really know what to do :-(

Bella
23rd September 2015, 02:41 PM
well i just got unbanned and i have forgot a lot stuff about sarp... i didn't really know what to do :-(

Jax, Really you know the commands and didn't forget you can /togphone in the 2 months you were gone. If you wish to be unmuted you can pay for it.

Jax.
23rd September 2015, 02:42 PM
well Bella that's kinda unfair but alright i have been treated like an animal before too so alright then.

Dylan Fresh
23rd September 2015, 03:03 PM
The question was script related, that's what it matters.

Bilal.
23rd September 2015, 03:11 PM
I have seen him asking such questions and indirectly communicating with others multiple times in the past, the question was related to the script but It's still an abuse, imo the mute was legit.

DakotaZ
23rd September 2015, 03:23 PM
What does a level have to do with a /newb question? If its server related then its server related. End of story, he should be unmuted.

Sam Gideon
23rd September 2015, 03:34 PM
It's not about his level, he's been here for quite a long and the purpose of his question was not to get an answer but to make the caller know that he is in the prison, he wanted to play smart - too bad.

#SARP, mute people bcs ''they know the answer''

You don't understand it nor you're involved in here, so please don't reply.

I don't see how it's not for /newb. He clearly asked a script related question, it's not like he said fuck you in /newb and got muted lol. If you guys use common sense you would know that you can't /p or /h inside of prison so it just keeps calling and /togphone doesn't end a call when someone's calling you and you toggle your phone. Pretty sure half of you just want him muted cause he's Jax.

It's not about the question itself but about the reason he asked it.
Also he was warned, not muted.

And no, the decision hasn't been taken because he's Jax. Anyone above level 6 would have been warned for this.

DakotaZ
23rd September 2015, 03:53 PM
Jax wasn't warned, he was straight up muted by Palmer because he's simply "Jax". I'm putting my money on Palmer having something against Jax.

Bella
23rd September 2015, 04:58 PM
Just a warning if you post here and you aren't an admin/helper or Jax you'll be infracted. I'll ask other Helpers input but he clearly knows that he can /togphone.

Cole
23rd September 2015, 05:06 PM
My input on this would be that he should be unmuted. Trust me, level doesn't mean a thing because there's somethings that are new to the server that we aren't sure or aware of. His questions wasn't abuse in my opinion because a simple answer to his question would be "You can't" or "You have to get someone else to call the person and let them know".

I understand why some of the helpers would jump to the conclusion that he was abusing and that would be because of his reputation as being a troll ect. But in the end his question over /newb was still server related and I don't think he should've been muted.

DakotaZ
23rd September 2015, 07:23 PM
My last post here.

http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showthread.php?160675-Helper-Assistance-Regulations

I dont see what /newb regulation he broke??

Jeremy
23rd September 2015, 07:39 PM
I'm just a temp helper, I don't know if my opinion I was online at the time though.

I feel like it was a legit question, but the fact of Jax saying it on /newb kinda gave it out he was in jail. So this decision is really though, I would say give him one more chance.

Palmer
23rd September 2015, 07:56 PM
Jax wasn't warned, he was straight up muted by Palmer because he's simply "Jax". I'm putting my money on Palmer having something against Jax.

Yes, he was simply warned. He was muted because it was his 3rd newbie warning. Now I thought we all agreed after our 10 minute debate in forums that we were leaving this complaint up the HHs and PR.

Todd Stark
23rd September 2015, 10:56 PM
y r comments deleted with reason "complaint post violation" when this is the helper section

You people just post in a thread that you're not involved in. Basically It's a post violation.

Keven Ruthless
23rd September 2015, 11:23 PM
We speak about it in game and think you should get unmuted but the next time you think about abusing you will have to pay the full amount.

He already unmute in game.

Resolve.