http://i.imgur.com/CYkYN.png
In Game Name:
Justin Fakie BoltLevel:
30Date:
26/09/2015Appealing For:
MuteInvolved Helper:
Antonio JacksonScreenshot of the Incident:
http://i.imgur.com/P1EuFce.pngState the reason for your appeal:
Guy asks where he can get help in Spanish. In Spanish, I tell him that there are players who know the language but this is an English server. This information is for his use so he knows whether he wants to continue playing here or find another server. Antonio mutes me under "abuse" and tells me that this is an English 100%, all of the time, server, even if it's meant to help somebody on /newb. I do this pretty often, I'd say nearly every day that I'm in game. Nobody's ever had a problem. I've seen helpers, too, explain to players many times in other languages that this is an English server. I've said more than enough now.Additional Information:
Excellent choice for a head helper

Bilal.
26th September 2015, 09:46 PM
I'm just posting my opinion about your case.
You should've just told him that in english instead, or /sms'd him using the language you want to, according to the rules, english is the only language that can be used in /newb, no matter what, how can we know if you someone is trolling or trying to help if we don't use translator every time he uses a different language.

20. English is the only language that can be used in /newb. Any other language is not tolerated.

Link: http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/showthread.php?160675-Helper-Assistance-Regulations

On the other hand, if we translate what he said (Hay personas que pueden hablar en espagnol pero es un servidor inglés, lo siento) > (In english: There are people who can speak espagnol but this is an English server, sorry), which was a valid answer for that newbie's question.

http://i.imgur.com/UA4UGUU.png

He was somehow trying to help that newbie using his own language, I don't mind if he gets warning/mute removal since his answer didn't contain any offensive/trollish language and was valid. And from my view, Antonio did nothing wrong, he warned you because you used another language over /newb, which is not allowed.

Pending Antonio.

Justin Fakie
26th September 2015, 10:25 PM
I can't always SMS people like that as they usually don't have a phone. He asked if he can get help in Spanish, I told him this is an English server with some Spanish-speaking people. It's implied that there are people who can help him, but nothing officially (/help, forum guides, etc) is in Spanish. I had no room to write anything else anyway lol.

I do understand the trolling concern. Didn't even think about that because this is literally the first time anyone's cared about a response in another language. Would it be better if I condense it and write both an English and Spanish version next time? Example: "Lo siento, este es un servidor ingles / Sorry, this is an English server"

I'd still like an unmute though because like I said, I was just trying to help the guy and didn't think this would be an issue. Thanks.

Keven Ruthless
27th September 2015, 03:12 AM
Pending Antonio.

Antonio
27th September 2015, 01:59 PM
Rules are rules and we are supposed to follow them, that's what I said yesterday and I am saying it now once again.
If I had the chance to see you using another languages beforehand, I would have warned you and then. I have done that with a lot of players, if you are that much interested to help players, meet the requirements and apply for the Helpers Team.
I have nothing against you personally of course and I agree if this appeal is going to be resolved, but if this happen again, I will warn you and each member of the team must do it, doesn't matter who did it.

Pending Public Relations Team Member.

Keven Ruthless
29th September 2015, 10:35 AM
To me really i don't think he really abuse /newb, he was just helping the newbie because the newbie ask for help in Spanish. But i really think if you just told him in English he would of understand it to since he wrote it in English.

I let Joseph/Bella or Emily deal with this one.

Joseph Kennedy
29th September 2015, 11:16 AM
I personally think that he didn't really abuse /newb, he was trying to help a new player. He didn't intend to do any harm was on /newb.
The rule does state that we should speak English on /newb, but he wasn't trying to speak to players in spanish in a trollish way, he was helping someone.

I think he should get unmuted for that, pending Bella.

Bella
29th September 2015, 11:41 AM
He was trying to help, We all know Fakie never gets in trouble or abuses /newb he was only helping.

Unmute him.

Keven Ruthless
29th September 2015, 11:44 AM
Aight speak to a helper in-game to unmute you but the warning is going to stay.

Resolved.