PDA

View Full Version : ENB Looks like I have low FPS.

Ace
21st December 2015, 09:51 AM
I fixed my problem not being able to use d3d9.dll and now I have bug IG that makes my game look like im lagging / having low FPS when I actually have 50 FPS:
http://i.imgur.com/y3hb8rT.png
Also, some ENB's wont let me log in with edited gta_sa.set.
Anyone knows how to fix one of those problems?

J
21st December 2015, 10:10 AM
I fixed my problem not being able to use d3d9.dll and now I have bug IG that makes my game look like im lagging / having low FPS when I actually have 50 FPS:
http://i.imgur.com/y3hb8rT.png
Also, some ENB's wont let me log in with edited gta_sa.set.
Anyone knows how to fix one of those problems?

Alright, let me get this right.

So you are using an FPS counter (such as Fraps) and it's saying you're getting 50ps but you think it's severely lower?
Have you tried switching OFF/ON 'Frame Limiter' in Pause/Menu > Options > Advanced and seeing if that makes a difference? Reply to this post with the exact question you're asking as I found it quite confusing in the OP. Thanks!
Also, what is the ENB you're using may I asked?

Looking forward to your reply,
Jerrelle

Ace
21st December 2015, 10:12 AM
Alright, let me get this right.

So you are using an FPS counter (such as Fraps) and it's saying you're getting 50ps but you think it's severely lower?
Have you tried switching OFF/ON 'Frame Limiter' in Pause/Menu > Options > Advanced and seeing if that makes a difference? Reply to this post with the exact question you're asking as I found it quite confusing in the OP. Thanks!
Also, what is the ENB you're using may I asked?

Looking forward to your reply,
Jerrelle

No, look at the ENB FPS counter it says 50.
I already tried disabling the FPS limiter (ENB and GTA menu)
Im describing it as low FPS because it looks like it but its not low FPS because when I enable the ENB menu the game is just fine
But when I disable the ENB menu(that blue window) it looks like im having low fps.
ENB Hoodlum, It happens with every ENB though.
PS I used some program that automaticly fixes ENB and forcing GTA to open, maybe thats why I have problems.

J
21st December 2015, 10:23 AM
No, look at the ENB FPS counter it says 50.
I already tried disabling the FPS limiter (ENB and GTA menu)
Im describing it as low FPS because it looks like it but its not low FPS because when I enable the ENB menu the game is just fine
But when I disable the ENB menu(that blue window) it looks like im having low fps.
ENB Hoodlum, It happens with every ENB though.
PS I used some program that automaticly fixes ENB and forcing GTA to open, maybe thats why I have problems.

Hmm, yeah I had the same porblem with you and the .DLL on Windows 10, I used a program to fix it but turns out I didn't need it, I simply renamed my GTA directory to something else and viola, it worked for me haha.

I did some searching on this ENB and it doesn't look very promising (examining the ENB FPS in the video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYrUH6jJ_8

Alright let's try some trial and error:

Head to your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas directory, default is usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas
Right click the file 'enbseries.ini' > Edit > Where it says =TRUE (meaning it's enabled) replace it to =FALSE (disabled).
Save the file and go back into Single Player this time, and see if that 'degraded FPS' issue is still happening. Is it not? Good, is it still happening? Fair enough, we'll try something else.
Now go onto SAMP and see if the problem persists.

I'm more trying to rule out if this is a problem with your GTA itself or just the ENB. May I ask what program you're using that 'fixes' your ENB? I'll look into this more while I await your reply; wishing you luck. :)

Jerrelle

Ace
21st December 2015, 10:24 AM
I played with the ENB frame limiter, when you set it to 20 it stops skipping frames, game looks smooth now.
Thanks for attempting to help.
Close this.
EDIT
Seems like you only need to press * (shows FPS limit counter) no idea how its related, but it fixes the problem.

J
21st December 2015, 10:28 AM
I played with the ENB frame limiter, when you set it to 20 it stops skipping frames, game looks smooth now.
Close this.

Awesome, I'm glad you reached a solution - since it's still a fairly new ENB bugs like these are most likely expected. You should report it to the developer so he may be able to add it to the ENB FAQ as a fixture or release an update with the correct settings.

Enjoy playing. :)

Jerrelle

Keven Ruthless
21st December 2015, 03:11 PM
Close this.
EDIT
Seems like you only need to press * (shows FPS limit counter) no idea how its related, but it fixes the problem.

Answered