http://i.imgur.com/CYkYN.png
In Game Name:
James_WickinsLevel:
22Date:
02/02/2016Appealing For:
WarnInvolved Helper:
John DaColioScreenshot of the Incident:
http://imgur.com/a/ztPTcState the reason for your appeal:
I gave him a truthful answer. He asked if the LSPD recruitment is open, I replied "Not with that grammar" informing him it isn't and at the same time stating he won't get in with that grammar.Additional Information:
Nah

Sam Gideon
1st February 2016, 01:47 PM
You could've simply responded "no". That can be quite offended to that person. Your intention was not to abuse the chat but that's how the helpers looked at it. John asked whether that is warnable or not for a level 22 player and some agreed.

Pending Public Relations

Wickins
1st February 2016, 02:55 PM
Let's say everyone replied "Yes" and he did actually apply. He would've been denied instantly. I was just saying what was going to happen to him.

Illuminati
1st February 2016, 03:23 PM
You could've simply responded "no". That can be quite offended to that person.
Its not like he directly insulted him, he just told him the truth. If a newbies English actually sucks and you tell him it doesnt mean hes offended, even if he is, you told him the truth, he shouldnt expect you to lie and say nah your English is good.

Your intention was not to abuse the chat but that's how the helpers looked at it.
Exacly, he didnt abuse, you said it yourself and imo your helpers should know that, if a helper warns people for shit like this he/she shouldnt be a helper to begin with.

just my 2 cents

Sam Gideon
1st February 2016, 03:42 PM
Its not like he directly insulted him, he just told him the truth. If a newbies English actually sucks and you tell him it doesnt mean hes offended, even if he is, you told him the truth, he shouldnt expect you to lie and say nah your English is good.

Exacly, he didnt abuse, you said it yourself and imo your helpers should know that, if a helper warns people for shit like this he/she shouldnt be a helper to begin with.

just my 2 cents

If I'd call an autist "autist" then it's the truth as well hence an insult and would get me striked.
Anyway that's another situation and his response should stay with a verbal warn and his warn removed in my opinion. Up to Public Relations though, as I said.

Illuminati
1st February 2016, 04:33 PM
If I'd call an autist "autist" then it's the truth as well hence an insult.

thats a bad example my friend nobody would ask if hes an autist or idiot on /newb rofl.

Cole
1st February 2016, 11:45 PM
Seeing as the answer wasn't intentional abuse, contact any helper IG to get your warning removed, however please reconsider the way you word things and answer questions via /newb so incidents like this won't happen. Like Sam said you could've said yes, but you should fix your grammar.

Resolved.