PDA

View Full Version : AutoHotKey extra mouse buttons

Verdant
17th February 2016, 07:13 PM
In-Game Name: Nick_Verdant
Date: 17/02/2016
Your Question:
So, I recently bought a new mouse, it's a Redragon Perdition. It has several keys on the side numbering from 1-12 and I was wondering if it's possible to set them up to work with autohotkey?

Alexei
17th February 2016, 08:29 PM
Yes when you are selecting a key to bind your script to, press the button on your mouse.

Verdant
17th February 2016, 08:49 PM
It doesn't really work that way with AutoHotKey, I need the mouse buttons name but I'm having trouble finding it.

Badr
17th February 2016, 09:10 PM
It doesn't really work that way with AutoHotKey, I need the mouse buttons name but I'm having trouble finding it.

When I searched the mouse up I got nothing but amazon sites. I then saw this video which in he said the mouse comes in with a handbook. Did you read the handbook? Another solution you can use is to go on teamspeak, settings and when you have to set that button press all of them one by one. It should list them.

Verdant
17th February 2016, 09:53 PM
On the handbook, the buttons are called Side button 1, Side button 2 and so on, but when I use this in ahk it says that the keybind is invalid, also when I try to use it in teamspeak it just sets it as 1, 2, 3... you get the point. I've went into the driver settings and disabled the key then went and tried that again, the button wasn't even responsive when I disabled it.

http://i.imgur.com/Abe7XFN.png

Alexei
17th February 2016, 11:41 PM
Oh, some hotkey programs need you to select a pre-selected list of keys that are acceptable from a drop down list or something. The only way you can assign those keys to a bind is if it allows you to select a key manually by pressing it down, otherwise it'll just want you to select from a drop down list.

Verdant
18th February 2016, 12:05 AM
This can be closed, I've set it up correctly to work now, problem has been solved.

Keven Ruthless
18th February 2016, 12:08 AM
This can be closed, I've set it up correctly to work now, problem has been solved.

Answered