PDA

View Full Version : Should commands that automatically transmit emotes transmit bubbled emotes instead?

soozy
25th May 2016, 12:31 PM
Everyday, we see the chat being spammed by emotes because of one command. Also it also alters us from paying attention to a roleplay scene we are involved in.

Modifying the commands that transmit emotes so they transmit bubbled emotes instead can reduce spam in the local chat and make us feel comfortable with our time on the server.

Samples:
http://puu.sh/p4LtB/37f6f3c9f3.png http://puu.sh/p4LrH/6d7a72b9ae.png

You have the right to voice your opinion as a player.

Regards,
Soozy

Lucifer.
25th May 2016, 12:32 PM
Yea, Supportin'

Hobbs
25th May 2016, 12:35 PM
Yes.

Roberto.
25th May 2016, 12:36 PM
Yes, it'd really really reduce spam, especially in RP scenes.
Of course supporting this.

Badr
25th May 2016, 12:40 PM
Wasn't this already implemented like a couple of months ago and everyone hated it?

yes even you ruhl.

Kyle Young
25th May 2016, 12:41 PM
Added a poll and voted yes.

Sean Johnson
25th May 2016, 12:48 PM
Added a poll and voted yes.

stupid poll im not allowed to vote

Savatore
25th May 2016, 12:49 PM
What the fuck do these words mean? If you mean make them /ame then yes

Kyle Young
25th May 2016, 12:50 PM
Ehh I have no idea why the poll isn't allowing people to vote, OH WELL MAJORITY WINS!

(I'll try fix it)

Claude™
25th May 2016, 12:51 PM
What kind of dictatorship is this?

Kyle Young
25th May 2016, 01:06 PM
Fixed the poll (I think).

Henderson
25th May 2016, 03:04 PM
Yes pls Abdul. Also change the one line text thing if possible (if RP is too long), make it jump down to two lines.

DwayneD
25th May 2016, 05:01 PM
Players should have the ability to choose between the two, perhaps a /togrpstyle(chatbox/above head/both) type command(YSF allows per player chat bubbles).

Elijah van Meijer
25th May 2016, 05:04 PM
Players should have the ability to choose between the two, perhaps a /togrpstyle(chatbox/above head/both) type command(YSF allows per player chat bubbles).

I literally do not see the point of having automated /me chats having to be in the main chat. I don't even see the point of them existing in the first place.

Why would they have to have the choice to tog it? Just make it into emotes instead.

DwayneD
25th May 2016, 05:08 PM
I literally do not see the point of having automated /me chats having to be in the main chat. I don't even see the point of them existing in the first place.

Why would they have to have the choice to tog it? Just make it into emotes instead.

Players should have the option between the two, the command would only change the style for that specific player, not for everyone around them.

Elijah van Meijer
25th May 2016, 05:19 PM
Players should have the option between the two, the command would only change the style for that specific player, not for everyone around them.

There's no point, I understand a toggle option for something like newbie chat but having these commands done through emote is literally better. Leaving it is useless, fuck a toggle command just straight up set it so that all automated /me lines show up as emotes.

soozy
27th May 2016, 04:03 AM
Approximately all 140 roleplay commands that transmit emotes now transmit bubbled emotes.

Should be implemented in the next update.

Thanks for voting on the poll and a big thanks for Ettore Morano participating in as a beta tester.