PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of being hacked

Moonbear
1st July 2016, 05:04 PM
In-Game Name: -
Date: 01/07/2016
Your Question:
I've recently saw weird things happening in my computer.
Just to mention, I've downloaded nothing to cause this.
My net is slowing down, my games are minimizing for no reason, things get closed sometimes. But now I am sure that someone hacked my computer. Today, I opened the computer and my GTA got stuck, I've been suffering with this for 3-4 days which caused inactivity. So, I opened the task manager to close it as I saw something called "cookies manager". I don't understand well, but as far as I know cookies is your memory of your websites like passwords or etcetera (correct me if I'm wrong).
I closed it and I didn't have any further problems. Now, I came back home, opened my computer and then I noticed something really weird. My skype picture went into a question mark picture and my status was changed (I won't translate it to English since it's pathetic). Skype messages were sent to my friends (insults). I started running CS:GO and it worked fine. Yeah, I have some crashes sometimes, but this was really weird. A message was sent in the game I was playing which was a question mark, then my CS:GO just got closed.

I have experience with this problem though. I was hacked once by a trojan horse software. A chat was opened between me and the hacker, then my GTA and such got closed. I immediately closed my computer and formatted it to get rid of the trojan horse software (when you try opening it, nothing would happend and after some minutes or hours the hacker would start doing things). Now this problem again. How do I get rid of it? I can't format my computer again and I don't know how to stop it. It can do worse things which I don't want to be done.

Kyle Young
1st July 2016, 05:11 PM
Get this and run it, try the trial if you want.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Delirious
1st July 2016, 05:13 PM
Get this and run it, try the trial if you want.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Yes get into safe mode first.

J
1st July 2016, 05:15 PM
I'll keep this short and as simple as possible for you.

Immediately download https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and give your computer a full scan.

If you're very worried about your personal information/data being compromised you can backup sensitive files ( I'd not recommend doing this unless it's a must since they could already be infected as a whole) and perform a complete re-install of your operating system. See it as a fresh start.

Alternatively you could try a System Restore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Restore) and if the infection isn't too complex this should resolve your issue, also remove any programs such as Teamviewer from your system. As for Cookie Manager, that seems like a browser add-on, is it possible you could've installed it and forgot?

If you were experiencing problems with your Skype account, it doesn't necessarily mean your computer is compromised but your account instead, I'd secure it as soon as possible by simply changing your security information. (https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-my-password)

It could be a keylogger, a remote administration tool or just simple adware. But it definitely seems like you're infected, follow one or more of the steps above and you should be good to go.

Moonbear
1st July 2016, 05:20 PM
I'll keep this short and as simple as possible for you.

Immediately download https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and give your computer a full scan.

If you're very worried about your personal information/data being compromised you can backup sensitive files ( I'd not recommend doing this unless it's a must since they could already be infected as a whole) and perform a complete re-install of your operating system. See it as a fresh start.

Alternatively you could try a System Restore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Restore) and if the infection isn't too complex this should resolve your issue, also remove any programs such as Teamviewer from your system. As for Cookie Manager, that seems like a browser add-on, is it possible you could've installed it and forgot?

If you were experiencing problems with your Skype account, it doesn't necessarily mean your computer is compromised but your account instead, I'd secure it as soon as possible by simply changing your security information. (https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-my-password)

It could be a keylogger, a remote administration tool or just simple adware. But it definitely seems like you're infected, follow one or more of the steps above and you should be good to go.

Is it just me or when I started installing this it was cancelled and now when I try to enter the website:
"‏לא ניתן היה למצוא את כתובת ה-DNS של השרת של he.malwarebytes.com."
Translation:
"Could not find the address DNS of the server he.malwarebytes.com."

J
1st July 2016, 05:25 PM
Is it just me or when I started installing this it was cancelled and now when I try to enter the website:
"‏לא ניתן היה למצוא את כתובת ה-DNS של השרת של he.malwarebytes.com."
Translation:
"Could not find the address DNS of the server he.malwarebytes.com."

Sort of expected that to be honest, does it throw you an error when the installation gets cancelled? If so what error?

Ronald Reagan
1st July 2016, 05:27 PM
If your computer is doing weird actions, then you might have installed a RAT (Remote Access Trojan) and somebody is controlling your PC. Try to use "SurfEasy VPN" or "Hide.me VPN" in-order to open malwarebytes.com - If you couldn't install Malware Bytes, because of the hacker, then, you have to reinstall a clean Windows.

Moonbear
1st July 2016, 05:36 PM
If your computer is doing weird actions, then you might have installed a RAT (Remote Access Trojan) and somebody is controlling your PC. Try to use "SurfEasy VPN" or "Hide.me VPN" in-order to open malwarebytes.com - If you couldn't install Malware Bytes, because of the hacker, then, you have to reinstall a clean Windows.

I'll try but as I said, I can not format my computer (basically installing a clean windows) due to some reasons.

Ronald Reagan
1st July 2016, 05:43 PM
I'll try but as I said, I can not format my computer (basically installing a clean windows) due to some reasons.

You can install a new Windows via the boot menu, instead of logging into your Windows account.

J
1st July 2016, 05:57 PM

Sometimes there's just not an option. If you are infected by a RAT as Steve suggested, then they could quite literally wipe your system in just a click themselves. So I'd advise keeping this as an option if more malicious actions happen.

Post here if anything new arises, give any anti-virus you have installed a try. Also, what was the error that shut Malwarebytes down?

Ronald Reagan
1st July 2016, 07:09 PM
Sometimes there's just not an option. If you are infected by a RAT as Steve suggested, then they could quite literally wipe your system in just a click themselves. So I'd advise keeping this as an option if more malicious actions happen.

Post here if anything new arises, give any anti-virus you have installed a try. Also, what was the error that shut Malwarebytes down?

Since, I'm studying Computer Programming & Information Technology (IT).

The RAT doesn't take an effect on the Boot Menu, because the RAT takes an effect on the Operating System only (Since, Windows RATs might be using the following formats .exe/.bat/.dll and it cannot access into the Boot Menu). If he had an another computer and downloaded a new Windows, then, added it into a flash drive. He can install the new clean Windows using the Boot Menu. (So, hacker won't do anything to him and prevent him from installation), it will solve the whole problem - This is the only way he could do or his stuff and accounts like IRL Pictures, Steam, Facebook, SARP account, etc. passwords might be leaked to the public and many people would log into his accounts and make troubles with it. (insulting somebody, etc.)

Jericho Rizzi
1st July 2016, 07:36 PM
format your shit and change your passwords lol easiest solution

Ronald Reagan
1st July 2016, 08:13 PM
format your shit and change your passwords lol easiest solution

He said that he used to format his PC, but still.

J
1st July 2016, 10:11 PM
Since, I'm studying Computer Programming & Information Technology (IT).

The RAT doesn't take an effect on the Boot Menu, because the RAT takes an effect on the Operating System only (Since, Windows RATs might be using the following formats .exe/.bat/.dll and it cannot access into the Boot Menu). If he had an another computer and downloaded a new Windows, then, added it into a flash drive. He can install the new clean Windows using the Boot Menu. (So, hacker won't do anything to him and prevent him from installation), it will solve the whole problem - This is the only way he could do or his stuff and accounts like IRL Pictures, Steam, Facebook, SARP account, etc. passwords might be leaked to the public and many people would log into his accounts and make troubles with it. (insulting somebody, etc.)

We've not even identified if it's a remote administration yet anyway. But a lot of the stuff you said was just irrelevant and you never really got to the point, I'm studying higher level information technology myself and whoever's teaching you is setting you up to fail. No offense.

But he did say he'd rather find a solution without doing a complete re-install of his operating system.

As for the thread, I see it getting spammed too much with the same replies and since I have Desmond on Skype I'll just assist him via that since it's live. This can be closed I suppose.

Moonbear
2nd July 2016, 12:37 AM
We've not even identified if it's a remote administration yet anyway. But a lot of the stuff you said was just irrelevant and you never really got to the point, I'm studying higher level information technology myself and whoever's teaching you is setting you up to fail. No offense.

But he did say he'd rather find a solution without doing a complete re-install of his operating system.

As for the thread, I see it getting spammed too much with the same replies and since I have Desmond on Skype I'll just assist him via that since it's live. This can be closed I suppose.

I can not reinstall windows since the same thing happens again even though I only have GTA and CSGO installed.
Thanks for helping everyone, I'll try the solutions very soon.
I'll contact Jerrelle over skype, therefore, archived.