PDA

View Full Version : I broke SAMP, again...

Callum
28th July 2016, 11:38 PM
In-Game Name: Megan Gray
Date: 29/07/2016
Your Question:
So yes I have gone and broke it again, I was basically installing a realistic mod and then my game just doesn't even want to start (it doesn't even crash) but I don't know what's the best thing to do. Should I try to install another to hopefully go over the corrupt files or should I try get new files?

Gold
29th July 2016, 12:07 AM
Just delete those mods, if you can't do so, reinstall fresh GTA:SA.
I recommend you to use modloader next time, it won't make your GTA files corrupt or replace.

There only one way to fix is reinstall the game.

Richard_Lushai
29th July 2016, 08:48 AM
installing so many mods can make u crashed, uninstall is better way

Dylan.
29th July 2016, 09:39 AM
Just delete those mods, if you can't do so, reinstall fresh GTA:SA.
I recommend you to use modloader next time, it won't make your GTA files corrupt or replace.

There only one way to fix is reinstall the game.

This is what i was gonna tell you to do
10/10 great answer!

Pending player

Callum
29th July 2016, 11:33 AM
I have uninstalled it but when I went to install it again it wouldn't let me, I tried to get around and now everything looked good but it isn't, the game crashed as soon as I try to connect to a server. (It doesn't even load Singleplayer, it doesn't respond.)

Gold
29th July 2016, 12:00 PM
I have uninstalled it but when I went to install it again it wouldn't let me, I tried to get around and now everything looked good but it isn't, the game crashed as soon as I try to connect to a server. (It doesn't even load Singleplayer, it doesn't respond.)

The things won't let you install it again.
1. hidden file running from that folder.
2. There few files which still get remain inside the folder, uninstall doesn't you delete them.
3. You maybe just tried to fix (( Upgrade)) the game files, Like installing in same folder.

The fix :
1. First, Delete the whole folder + uninstall SAMP.
2. Second, After delete all the files, make sure no file left in that folder, (( No need if you don't want))
3. Third, Take another folder for install. (( Like you were using Rockstar Games/ San Andreas . Now take Rockstar Games / SAMP ))
4. Forth, Just install everything (( SAMP client + GTASA game files)) Scratch .

Edit : Delete gta_sa.set from document folder :3

Rusty.
29th July 2016, 12:12 PM
Lol. These people.

How're you installing the modifications, if you're not using Mod Loader.. I suggest you try it.

Anyhow-.. if you choose to not use the above, here is how you can fix your game.

Delete everything from your computer that has to do with Rockstar, preferably GTA San Andreas. (Go into your Program Files or Program Files (x86), User Documents, and so forth.)

Once you've deleted everything that has to do with Rockstar GTA San Andreas, click your windows button in the bottom left and type in "run" - from there you will type in regedit.

After typing in regedit - you will go up to "Edit" and click "Find" - type in "Rockstar", delete everything that has to do with Rockstar. (Assuming you only have one Rockstar game installed, which is GTA).

After you've done that, type in "GTA" in find - delete everything that has to do with GTA.
-Type in "San Andreas" in find, do the same.
-Type in "Grand Theft Auto" in find, do the same.

Restart your computer after confirming you have absolutely no Rockstar/GTASA files.

(Delete your .rar directory if you have one, I'll provide one below that I personally use).

Mediafire Link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0mt01pat1tu34i2/GTA+San+Andreas.rar

Create a new "Rockstar Games" folder where ever you want your directory to be (Mine is on my desktop) - then extract the "GTA San Andreas" folder into the Rockstar Games folder.

The .rar will ask you for a password, which is below.
anormalpasswordforanormalfile

Install SA-MP 0.3.7 from http://sa-mp.com - try running your GTA.. if you followed the above steps correctly, it should work. Enjoy.

--Last Resort Option--

In the past something similar happened to me before I knew how to do any of this shit I listed above.

-Make a new User on your computer, that'll definitely work.

-

Callum
29th July 2016, 12:16 PM
Lol. These people.

How're you installing the modifications, if you're not using Mod Loader.. I suggest you try it.

Anyhow-.. if you choose to not use the above, here is how you can fix your game.

Delete everything from your computer that has to do with Rockstar, preferably GTA San Andreas. (Go into your Program Files or Program Files (x86), User Documents, and so forth.)

Once you've deleted everything that has to do with Rockstar GTA San Andreas, click your windows button in the bottom left and type in "run" - from there you will type in regedit.

After typing in regedit - you will go up to "Edit" and click "Find" - type in "Rockstar", delete everything that has to do with Rockstar. (Assuming you only have one Rockstar game installed, which is GTA).

After you've done that, type in "GTA" in find - delete everything that has to do with GTA.
-Type in "San Andreas" in find, do the same.
-Type in "Grand Theft Auto" in find, do the same.

Restart your computer after confirming you have absolutely no Rockstar/GTASA files.

(Delete your .rar directory if you have one, I'll provide one below that I personally use).

Mediafire Link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0mt01pat1tu34i2/GTA+San+Andreas.rar

Create a new "Rockstar Games" folder where ever you want your directory to be (Mine is on my desktop) - then extract the "GTA San Andreas" folder into the Rockstar Games folder.

The .rar will ask you for a password, which is below.
anormalpasswordforanormalfile

Install SA-MP 0.3.7 from http://sa-mp.com - try running your GTA.. if you followed the above steps correctly, it should work. Enjoy.

--Last Resort Option--

In the past something similar happened to me before I knew how to do any of this shit I listed above.

-Make a new User on your computer, that'll definitely work.

-

So it sort of works, I am able to load up SAMP, when it finally loads up (the bar) I crash.

Edit; I tried to install the DirectX and it stated that it's not able to download that version with my version of Windows, which is 10, anyone know this problem? I think that's why it doesn't let me play the Singleplayer.

Edit2; New change, I changed the compatibility to 'Windows 7' and Single Player loads up and as soon as it finished loading it comes up "gta_sa.exe has stopped working."

Edit3; I went to make a new single player and it worked, when I went and made a new save it worked but If I try to load one it doesn't. I also seen that my mouse doesn't work when I am playing.

Rusty.
29th July 2016, 04:29 PM
So it sort of works, I am able to load up SAMP, when it finally loads up (the bar) I crash.

Edit; I tried to install the DirectX and it stated that it's not able to download that version with my version of Windows, which is 10, anyone know this problem? I think that's why it doesn't let me play the Singleplayer.

Edit2; New change, I changed the compatibility to 'Windows 7' and Single Player loads up and as soon as it finished loading it comes up "gta_sa.exe has stopped working."

Edit3; I went to make a new single player and it worked, when I went and made a new save it worked but If I try to load one it doesn't. I also seen that my mouse doesn't work when I am playing.

Are you trying to load another single player file from your old GTA?

Have you tried SA-MP yet?

As for the mouse cursor issue, this was a problem back in 2011 for many people. There's two solutions that you can attempt below.

You can either - Download the file from the link above (doesn't replace any windows files) and throw it into your directory (GTASA Folder).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v6yyh6euo1da3vl/DINPUT8.rar

Or

Right click the gta_sa.exe and go into properties. Go into the Compatability Tab.
Now check "Run this program in compatability mode for:" and click Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Then go look down and check "Disable Visual Themes" and "Disable Desktop Composition" and then check "Run This Program As An Administrator".

If you have any other issues, let me know.

Callum
29th July 2016, 04:38 PM
Have you thrown in any modifications yet?

Are you trying to load another single player file from your old GTA?

Have you tried SA-MP yet?

1. Nope.
2. I never realised but yes I was...
3. Tried SAMP, everytime it loads up it crashed when it finished loading.

Rusty.
29th July 2016, 04:43 PM
1. Nope.
2. I never realised but yes I was...
3. Tried SAMP, everytime it loads up it crashed when it finished loading.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can use GTA SA files from another directory when it comes to a brand new one. :doh:

Try changing the compatability settings for the .exe how I listed above, see if SAMP loads afterwards. It should also fix your mouse issue.

-This is my last solution, hope it works.

If none of the above things seem to have made a positive impact towards your GTASA, undo all of which you've done and read on.

This is for the SA-MP crashing, it's also a common problem when it comes to Windows 10

-Delete gta.set in your GTA Documents folder.(User Documents)
-Uninstall and REINSTALL your SA-MP version.
-Delete streamingmemoryfix if you have that, that could have an impact. (Should be in your directory)
-Try changing the folder name where your game is installed. I had an issue at one point and I renamed it from 'GTA San Andreas' to 'GTA San Andreas (NEW)' and it worked.

Off Topic question.. I've got a windows 10 free upgrade waiting for me in the bottom right corner of my computer screen.. don't know if I'm attracted to it or not. Should I upgrade and will I keep my original files, Chingy?

Callum
29th July 2016, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately, I don't believe you can use GTA SA files from another directory when it comes to a brand new one. :doh:

Try changing the compatability settings for the .exe how I listed above, see if SAMP loads afterwards. It should also fix your mouse issue.

-This is my last solution, hope it works.

If none of the above things seem to have made a positive impact towards your GTASA, undo all of which you've done and read on.

This is for the SA-MP crashing, it's also a common problem when it comes to Windows 10

-Delete gta.set in your GTA Documents folder.(User Documents)
-Uninstall and REINSTALL your SA-MP version.
-Delete streamingmemoryfix if you have that, that could have an impact. (Should be in your directory)
-Try changing the folder name where your game is installed. I had an issue at one point and I renamed it from 'GTA San Andreas' to 'GTA San Andreas (NEW)' and it worked.

Off Topic question.. I've got a windows 10 free upgrade waiting for me in the bottom right corner of my computer screen.. don't know if I'm attracted to it or not. Should I upgrade and will I keep my original files, Chingy?

I am sure you do as I kept mine, it's good but I am not good with mods :3

Rusty.
29th July 2016, 05:19 PM
I am sure you do as I kept mine, it's good but I am not good with mods :3

Lol, I'm still debating.. been debating for months. Did you attempt the above solutions?

Callum
29th July 2016, 05:21 PM
Lol, I'm still debating.. been debating for months. Did you attempt the above solutions?

Yes, check your VM's.

_Panda_
29th July 2016, 05:31 PM
In-Game Name: Megan Gray
Date: 29/07/2016
Your Question:
So yes I have gone and broke it again, I was basically installing a realistic mod and then my game just doesn't even want to start (it doesn't even crash) but I don't know what's the best thing to do. Should I try to install another to hopefully go over the corrupt files or should I try get new files?

Delete THe mods , Then i will work

Callum
29th July 2016, 05:33 PM
It worked once, I managed to get into SARP once and then I tabbed for a second, came back on and couldn't type and now it's not letting me back on.

Rusty.
29th July 2016, 07:25 PM
It worked once, I managed to get into SARP once and then I tabbed for a second, came back on and couldn't type and now it's not letting me back on.

Click "ignore" on the files you VM'ed me when installing. Happens to me too, they are worthless.

Callum
29th July 2016, 08:31 PM
Click "ignore" on the files you VM'ed me when installing. Happens to me too, they are worthless.

Yeah I did that and managed to get in game once, now it doesn't respond.

Rusty.
29th July 2016, 08:37 PM
Yeah I did that and managed to get in game once, now it doesn't respond.

Lord. Running into all types of problems. Have you tried restarting your PC? That works sometimes as well. Also try reinstalling the SAMP client once more, click the Uninstall in the directory first then proceed to installing SAMP with the client. (If you haven't done that already.)

Callum
29th July 2016, 09:03 PM
Lord. Running into all types of problems. Have you tried restarting your PC? That works sometimes as well. Also try reinstalling the SAMP client once more, click the Uninstall in the directory first then proceed to installing SAMP with the client. (If you haven't done that already.)

I'll try that tomorrow :)

Callum
30th July 2016, 12:01 PM
So it worked again when I went on today, played for a while and accidentally left the server. The problem is that I can't join back now, even after I restart my PC.

FapperGangster
30th July 2016, 01:54 PM
Download new vorbis.dll etc.

Rusty.
30th July 2016, 02:13 PM
Before opening any game prior to GTASA, did it ask you to install a DirectPlay feature?

If not, my very last guest would be that your DX files are fucked. Read below.

Right click the bottom left hand corner and go to the top where it says "Programs & Features", click that.
Afterwards, let the list populate & then click "Turn Windows features on or off", look for a folder which says "Legacy Components", click the plus button to the left so the folder expands and ensure that both "Legacy Components" & "Direct Play" is checked.

(After doing all of this, be sure to restart your PC, delete your Rockstar Games folder, go back to the list where Legacy Components was, ensure that it is checked as well as Direct Play, & then reinstall GTASA-MP using the .rar I sent you.)

Callum
30th July 2016, 03:25 PM
Before opening any game prior to GTASA, did it ask you to install a DirectPlay feature?

If not, my very last guest would be that your DX files are fucked. Read below.

Right click the bottom left hand corner and go to the top where it says "Programs & Features", click that.
Afterwards, let the list populate & then click "Turn Windows features on or off", look for a folder which says "Legacy Components", click the plus button to the left so the folder expands and ensure that both "Legacy Components" & "Direct Play" is checked.

(After doing all of this, be sure to restart your PC, delete your Rockstar Games folder, go back to the list where Legacy Components was, ensure that it is checked as well as Direct Play, & then reinstall GTASA-MP using the .rar I sent you.)

It was already ticked.

Rusty.
30th July 2016, 07:02 PM
It was already ticked.

Lol, lord. Sounds like some errors could've occurred when DX12 was installed when you first got windows 10. My last suggestion would be to reinstall the OS itself, the components, as well as drivers. I even upgraded to Windows 10 myself to try and see if I would have any similar issues as to what you're having and I'm not running into none what so ever. Good luck though.

Adams
7th August 2016, 02:16 AM
Has these suggestions been useful for you?