PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my sound back?

Ezi Royal
2nd August 2016, 07:42 AM
So basically I was playing around with my sound settings and now I cant seem to re-enable it, it has this sign here...

http://imgur.com/a/5dHTL.png

omg imgur is so much better now

Justin Knight
2nd August 2016, 08:23 AM
Your picture cannot be loaded - it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.

Ezi Royal
2nd August 2016, 09:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FlYX9yg.png

Rusty.
2nd August 2016, 10:24 AM
Your battery is about to die, or was.

Anyhow, right click the sound thing in the bottom right & click playback devices. Make sure you've got one of the devices set to default device and ensure you've got at least one enabled. Let me know if that works.

Ezi Royal
2nd August 2016, 09:18 PM
Nah that has nothing to do with it, I was just too busy scripting to turn around and plug it in lol.

So yeah, problem, I accidently deleted them.

http://i.imgur.com/E28CpZD.png

J
2nd August 2016, 10:19 PM
The image in the original post isn't working anymore for some reason, could you give me a simple description of your issue, juding by your second screenshot I am going to assume you require assistance with reinstalling your audio drivers? Post a screenshot of what the current status of your sound card.

Head to start, control panel, system and security then navigate to 'device manager'. Or you can just search for it.
Collapse the 'Sound, video and game controllers' list and see if you have anything with a black exclamation mark within a yellow triangle, if you do then double click it and select the driver tab and give 'Update' a try. This is a quick troubleshoot and if it doesn't work for you then I'll post something more advanced tomorrow, I'm still a bit confused on what your issue is due to the first image being removed. Good luck.

It should appear like so if everything is in working order.

https://i.gyazo.com/0a4c3b4ef4045db4f5854e4f08acf577.png

Ezi Royal
3rd August 2016, 09:30 PM
I can't access control panel, this is my school laptop.

J
3rd August 2016, 11:54 PM
I can't access control panel, this is my school laptop.

Few options, the first is probably the most ideal if that's the situation you're in.

If you mean your laptop was issued to you by your school, I.E owned by the school but you're essentially 'borrowing' it, then:
You'll need to bring the laptop back to your school and have a member of your schools IT department have a look at it and/or fix the issue themselves; this is the easiest way to solve this issue without interfering yourself. During primary school I had to do this a few times as well for any complicated issues I ran into, I'd backup all your important information before you take the laptop back as the school could possibly hold it back and issue you a replacement which means all your sensitive data and leftover files will probably remain on the laptop until it's completely wiped. (Can't trust many people these days)

If you mean the laptop is owned by YOU or a family member but it's just a laptop you use for school, hence 'school laptop' then:
Acquire Administrator privileges temporarily from whom ever owns the laptop to fix this issue and review my post above after you've done so.

Ezi Royal
4th August 2016, 12:04 AM
Few options, the first is probably the most ideal if that's the situation you're in.

If you mean your laptop was issued to you by your school, I.E owned by the school but you're essentially 'borrowing' it, then:
You'll need to bring the laptop back to your school and have a member of your schools IT department have a look at it and/or fix the issue themselves; this is the easiest way to solve this issue without interfering yourself. During primary school I had to do this a few times as well for any complicated issues I ran into, I'd backup all your important information before you take the laptop back as the school could possibly hold it back and issue you a replacement which means all your sensitive data and leftover files will probably remain on the laptop until it's completely wiped. (Can't trust many people these days)

If you mean the laptop is owned by YOU or a family member but it's just a laptop you use for school, hence 'school laptop' then:
Acquire Administrator privileges temporarily from whom ever owns the laptop to fix this issue and review my post above after you've done so.

It's owned by the school, so I guess I'll just get it reset (y) cheers for the help, Answered.