PDA

View Full Version : PC has become so laggy

Nicki
15th September 2016, 03:18 AM
In-Game Name: hm
Date: 01/05/2020
Your Question:
So basically my PC has become so laggy over the past few days. It takes about 10 mins to boot, it's response time is so slow as it can take more than 1 min to open a folder. I fetched around Googld and tried every said solution but it's still the same.

Stuff I tried to do;
1- Fully scan the PC for Viruses/Malwares.
2- Install a fresh copy of Windows.
3- Clean the case and all the inner parts out of dust.
4- Update all the drivers.
5- Check for drivers errors and defraged them as well.

I am posting here to see if anyone experienced such a thing.

Jason Hunter
15th September 2016, 04:28 AM
When you go on task manager, what percentage is the disk using?
If you're using 100% looking at a blank screen, your hard drive is corrupted/broken

Justin Knight
15th September 2016, 06:43 AM
Fresh windows install is the solution, turn off automatic updates, they cause lag. Also download Advanced System Care, contact me if you need a license key.

Victor Matteo
15th September 2016, 06:55 AM
Clear 'prefetch', 'temp', '%temp%' from your PC. You can use google to know how to delete them.

Nicki
15th September 2016, 06:21 PM
When you go on task manager, what percentage is the disk using?
If you're using 100% looking at a blank screen, your hard drive is corrupted/broken

Yup, that's pretty much it. It hits up 100 whenever I do any simple action like opening a folder or something and it freezes for few seconds before going down. Thanks!!

Clear 'prefetch', 'temp', '%temp%' from your PC. You can use google to know how to delete them.

Yup, I did that already but it's still the same. It's more like a hardware issue and most likely what Hunter said.

16th September 2016, 12:13 PM
Your hard drive is fucked, like mine.

Dixie
16th September 2016, 07:27 PM
Hard disk drive most likely fucked, Happens over time I guess. Probably just have to get a new computer or at least a new HDD.

Nicki
16th September 2016, 07:57 PM
Hard disk drive most likely fucked, Happens over time I guess. Probably just have to get a new computer or at least a new HDD.

The HDD is kinda new tho

Jason Hunter
16th September 2016, 08:19 PM
The HDD is kinda new tho

Computer parts are unpredictable. Also depends on what brand HDD you got and which one you bought.
If I can recommend anything, I recommend getting a SSD. They are slightly more expensive and you get less space but it's worth it.

IKillU
16th September 2016, 10:01 PM
Computer parts are unpredictable. Also depends on what brand HDD you got and which one you bought.
If I can recommend anything, I recommend getting a SSD. They are slightly more expensive and you get less space but it's worth it.

What is the difference bet SSD and HDD?

Justin Knight
17th September 2016, 12:05 AM
What is the difference bet SSD and HDD?

http://bulgarianmod.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SSD-vs-HDD-4.jpg

Matiee
17th September 2016, 06:30 AM
It's not the hard drive, it could be your RAM. Make sure your ram sticks are securely plugged in and are not loose.

Hope this helped, if not take it to a repair shop!

King
30th September 2016, 08:33 AM
Answered.