PDA

View Full Version : Computer issues

Moonbear
30th September 2016, 04:20 AM
In-Game Name: Desmond
Date: 30/09/2016
Your Question:
Recently ive bought a new computer and its facing some issues. One of the issues is that the computer is working (power is fine and its turning on) however the screen shows no signal. If i conneft my tv through hdmi to the computer it'll run my computer on it but it cant find my original screen. Any solutions? (Solutions which inlude opening the computer physically or calling someone to fix it cant be done atm)

Jesus Salonga
30th September 2016, 04:57 AM
I don't get it. You mean if you connect HDMI to your computer, there's no display at all? It has something to do with HDMI cable issue or display setup, maybe?

Moonbear
30th September 2016, 05:08 AM
I don't get it. You mean if you connect HDMI to your computer, there's no display at all? It has something to do with HDMI cable issue or display setup, maybe?

It worked fine yesterday. And what i meant was that the tv screen works through hdmi however DP connection from screen to the computer doesnt work. The computer cant find the normal screen but can find the tv one

Jesus Salonga
30th September 2016, 05:20 AM
I am not knowledgeable with HDMI related issues but as I said, it has something to do with the setup you did. I wouldn't be surprised if DP is broken as your unit is new.

Arteaga
2nd October 2016, 06:29 AM
You're saying that when you attach/connect the HDMI cable in your PC, the PCs screen turns black but the TVs screen shows you the desktop(or w/e is currently on at your PC), right? If that is the issue, you just went to the settings, by right clicking, Screen Resolution and you gotta click on the default Display mod which was the one before you connected the HDMI, mine is Mobile PC Display , I don't know about yours, and also if you've choos'd Show in one window only that'll show the desktop(w/e) in your TV or laptop only, make that Extend the displays to 2 ( or w/e that is. ) .

Let me know if I help'd you.

Tyler Khan
3rd October 2016, 06:21 AM
I actually press f1, showing a list

it shows for example hdmi and laptop
Laptop only
Hdmi only and etc

Nal
3rd October 2016, 07:32 AM
I actually press f1, showing a list

it shows for example hdmi and laptop
Laptop only
Hdmi only and etc

Could work. Reply if you still get any issues. I've got some solutions on my mind.

Callum
8th October 2016, 02:57 PM
I assume this has been fixed?

Moonbear
9th October 2016, 03:52 AM
You're saying that when you attach/connect the HDMI cable in your PC, the PCs screen turns black but the TVs screen shows you the desktop(or w/e is currently on at your PC), right? If that is the issue, you just went to the settings, by right clicking, Screen Resolution and you gotta click on the default Display mod which was the one before you connected the HDMI, mine is Mobile PC Display , I don't know about yours, and also if you've choos'd Show in one window only that'll show the desktop(w/e) in your TV or laptop only, make that Extend the displays to 2 ( or w/e that is. ) .

Let me know if I help'd you.

Yeah I basically fucked the settings because I disconnected/connected it many times, although I'll need a switch since I only have 1 HDMI connection on my TV and I need it to be connected to the computer & my xbox at the same time since I can't disconnect and connect everytime (the issue will occur again).
Anyways, thanks.

I assume this has been fixed?

Yes.

Callum
9th October 2016, 05:00 AM
Answered.