PDA

View Full Version : SAMP not working correctly

MaxEtotti
16th November 2016, 01:22 PM
In-Game Name: John_McCallahan
Date: 20/04/2000
Your Question:
OK so when I go into SARP and try to take a screenshot I simply can't even if it said it did, and when i head out of SARP to get chatlogs they simply do not exist. The only thing in my SAMP file is USERDATA.dat.

*NOTE: My copy of GTA SA is not pirated or anything.

Clapham
16th November 2016, 01:32 PM
Maybe you don't install the SAMP where you should to.

Try something:
-Uninstall SAMP.
-Re-download samp from here (https://www.sa-mp.com/download.php).
-Install SAMP in the principal folder of GTA San Andreas.

Of course, check 'My Documents' SAMP folder to check logs and pictures.

For the pictures, check if your GTA SA screensize is the same of your computer.

MaxEtotti
16th November 2016, 01:54 PM
Maybe you don't install the SAMP where you should to.

Try something:
-Uninstall SAMP.
-Re-download samp from here (https://www.sa-mp.com/download.php).
-Install SAMP in the principal folder of GTA San Andreas.

Of course, check 'My Documents' SAMP folder to check logs and pictures.

For the pictures, check if your GTA SA screensize is the same of your computer.

i have done all of this but thanks for the (attempt at) help.

Arteaga
16th November 2016, 02:52 PM
Delete GTA Userfiles folder from your documents, open single player, click on start game and play until the first scenario ends, or try to make it to the Big Smoke(1st) mission, once you're done, re-install a fresh SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 client.

Pending poster.

Wasi
16th November 2016, 03:40 PM
I have the same problem, just use the other way to take screen-shots, press "Start Button"+"Print Scrn Button" simultaneously to take screen shot. These screen shots will be saved in pictures folder of your PC.

Hassan Ashas
17th November 2016, 10:44 AM
Awaiting Player - 12 hours

MaxEtotti
17th November 2016, 02:55 PM
Delete GTA Userfiles folder from your documents, open single player, click on start game and play until the first scenario ends, or try to make it to the Big Smoke(1st) mission, once you're done, re-install a fresh SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 client.

Pending poster.

trying this now..

MaxEtotti
17th November 2016, 03:47 PM
trying this now..

Didn't work, sadly.. still can't take screenshots or retrieve chatlogs or anything samp related.

Arteaga
17th November 2016, 04:41 PM
Didn't work, sadly.. still can't take screenshots or retrieve chatlogs or anything samp related.

Sounds you've corrupted your GTA files, if you got the setup, install a fresh one.

MaxEtotti
17th November 2016, 06:02 PM
Sounds you've corrupted your GTA files, if you got the setup, install a fresh one.

I've reinstalled several times. any other ideas?

Hassan Ashas
18th November 2016, 03:15 AM
This has been an issue for many other players and they all eventually decided to use some other software to save screenshots. Unfortunately, this issue doesn't seems to have any proper solution...

These are the possible solutions... However, I don't know whether they will work or not.
- When you press "F8", does any message appear saying that photo has been saved? If yes then what does it say? If it says something like, "screenshot taken- sa-mp-000.png" then try searching the file, "sa-mp-000.png" or whatever it says. See if you can find anything..

- Delete the complete GTA SA folder from your documents and then try again... If it doesn't work then go in the folder, "right click" on "SAMP" folder and open up properties... "tick" the read-only box and then save it. Then open up properties again and "untick" the read-only box and save it...

If not then I suggest you to shifting to an alternative way to save screenshots.

Callum
19th November 2016, 01:57 PM
How are we on this?

Markus
19th November 2016, 07:04 PM
just take SS using bandicam or something.

Hassan Ashas
20th November 2016, 03:24 AM
Answered... Feel free to VM/PM any section moderator if you want this to be re-opened.