PDA

View Full Version : A simple guide on how to start off [OFFICIAL]

Chris Sanchez
21st November 2016, 04:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/n7zfs0T.png

Starting to play

Creating a character

When you firstly start to play on San Andreas Roleplay you create a character. You just type in the random name and get in the game; not thinking about anything else. For your venture in the game to be more fun and worthwhile, one should create a background for his character, pre-set traits, addictions and so forth and so on in order to give more in-depth to the character.

Why is it so important? When you know the type of character you are roleplaying, there's more connection between you and the character. With having a list of certain characteristics, you already know how you must behave in certain situations.
But creating a persona isn't enough, you need to further develop it. For that sole reason, you can join factions, gang or a crime family.

You need to know how to differentiate IC ( In Character) from OOC ( Out of Character). You player are an OOC force which drives the character, yet it doesn't give you the power to do whatever you want.

You should have the reason.The reason is the most important thing when it comes to starting a character. Your char should always have a reason behind his wrong/good doings. Set up a character with whom you want to be a gangster, your char must have reasons for doing so. No one just wakes up, goes to the gang and joins them; it's a process which takes the time to do. For one to become a gangster, there are few crucial factors: poverty, influence, escape. Young boys (most of) who join gangs are coming form the poor families, which can't give the child anything else, thus child turns around and goes to the gang to get cash and escape from the life he was ought to live. The reason like this should be beneath every decision you make. You can't just be a ruthless killer, there should be some background motive inside your character.

Jobs

http://i.imgur.com/9JGDYKe.png

In the picture above (/jobhelp), you can see a list of every available job given by script, even though it's script related jobs, you require a player to player interaction in most of them. Now I will speak about few my favorite and most profitable jobs;

http://i.imgur.com/HaRHHqr.png

Arms Dealer - by becoming an arms dealer, you are given the ability to /sellgun with a correct amount of materials. Materials are required to craft a gun, with this ability you can become someone's plug, get cash and get your name around the city as the best gun manufacturer. To gain materials, head behind the Big Ammunition ( the place where you get the job) and then type in /getmats to start. You also can sell materials which you gather, as of 2016 the price for a single material varies from 6$ to 10$ so calculate yourself. Be careful as an arms dealer, as it's against laws to be one, thus if police finds out don't drop the soap.

http://i.imgur.com/7FYwarK.png

Bodyguard - by becoming a bodyguard, you can sell people vests. Imagine how much money you can gain by doing so? Yet there's no point in only vet selling, approach people try to befriend with them and then ask them if they want to buy a vest, otherwise no one likes to be spammed by /sellvest cmd.

Official Gangs & Families

http://i.imgur.com/3xO2aWc.png
The picture above lists all currently official families, and for info slot 7 is mine.

With the wide range of families, there's always a place for your character. I will speak about two most easy families to join;

Grove Street Families and Glen Park Ballas - follow SP (Single Player) story, with a permanent war raging between them. To join them, you don't to be a much of roleplayer; just approach them and you will eventually be invited at the end of the conversation. However, when you join it's not that easy anymore. You will have to go through ranks which are adjusted so that your activity and roleplay skills are related. Those two families are the public families of the server which are places where newbies start to learn the basics of roleplaying.

Factions

San Andreas Government - offers you to experience the life of a politician, with different branches and task becoming the member of the government. If your character seeks to influence, cash and power over other people, it's an excellent place to start off.

Los Santos Police Department - one of the most famous jobs around the server. By joining LSPD you step into the shoes of a regular policeman which starts off as a cadet. You start from zero and can make your way up to the top in few months; you after reaching the rank of the officer become obliged to apply for the division, there's when next step of your development goes on. Will you be a detective, who tries to cover catch criminals? Or a member of TnR? It's up to you!

Federal Bureau of Investigation - considered one of the most elite factions with hardest requirement procedure is a dream for most LEO-s to join. FBI fights most dangerous criminals and should have players with the best roleplay capabilities.

Department of Corrections - or DoC as we call for short, came as a replacement to the SANG. Being it a new faction, it gives players a space to flourish their characters. Constant communication withing prisoner and DoC member can be tempting, as criminals mostly have cash outside which they are glad to pay for a help, thus making members be morally strong to fight against those temptations.

San Andreas Fire and Medical Department - one of the first faction which gives you ability to join. With level requirement being significantly low, the members mostly are low levels who are just trying to figure out what they want to do. Being a member of FMD can be hard, with killings at every corner it sometimes becomes boring. Even though it can become boring, it opens a door for loads of capabilities; you can roleplay operations, meetings with patients, writing down medicine recipe and much more...let your creativity lead you.

San Andreas Network - becoming a member of SAN news is built on your imagination. To find yourself around there and rank; the creativity and fluency in English are only things which you will need. As a member of SAN News your character will encounter nearly every sort of man, he can use the powers of a journalism to help cover Major Issues which are happening in the state of San Andreas or create a clean image for known mobsters, it's up to you!

Roleplay and Rules

There are few different roleplay commands; /me /ame /amy /do are most used.

When you write "/ame /me grabs out a cigarette pack" you get following line: Chris Sanchez grabs out a cigarette pack. Same goes for /ame; however, the text will be shown above player's head.

It stands for the action your character has done, which might not be seen script-wisely. You can use it for character description as well; "/ame /me is 18Y/O Hispanic male|White T-shirt, ripped jeans| " and it gives a character more interest than before. There's no necessity to have a certain skin which depicts your char, you can wear any skin along as it isn't too much different to what you roleplay. /amy is basically /me with 's (stating something owned/possed by Name_Surname) so if we write "/amy /my eyes are red" we will have this type of text in result " Chris Sanchez's eyes are red."

There are rules when it comes to roleplaying; MG,DM,KOS,PG

MG or metagame for long is mixing OOC info with ic or ic with OOC, therefore gaining an ic/OOC advantage. Let's imagine a situation; you are a member of the Grove Street Families and your member gets kidnaped and says his location over /f asking for help. There are two outcomes from this situation; either you go and help him, or you ignore and correct him. If you go to assist him, it will be an MG and OOC backup, why? Your character was never informed of the situation in any IC method like; cell phone, walkie-talkie, thus if not /f it'd have been impossible for you to ever know that your friend is in trouble.

DM or deathmatch is killing someone for no valid roleplay reason at all. For example, you walk around and someone with whom you never had any interaction jumps over with the gun and shoots you, it'd be straight up DM as you had no interaction before, therefore there is no reason for killing you unless he is a hitman and has a hit on you.

KOS or Kill on Sight happens when you kill someone without any roleplay leading to it. Even with the reason to kill, you can't just kill them on sight, you need to make them aware of your presence by /me /do... For example;

Chris Sanchez spots John on the sidewalk and smirks.
Chris Sanchez then reaches for his Glock.17 and simultaneously winds down the window.
Chris Sanchez pulls down the trigger repeatedly at John, killing him.

is a way to prevent yourself from kos. By writing similar lines, you make victim aware and able to react so the roleplay scenario can be made.

PG or Powergaming is an unrealistic roleplay which gives you an ic advantage. Any superhuman roleplay is considered as PG, also you aren't allowed to roleplay things which you don't have script wisely unless all involved parties agree.

Written by Chris Sanchez.
11/21/2016

Callum
21st November 2016, 04:33 PM
Amazing guide, Chris.

Arteaga
21st November 2016, 05:05 PM
Oh my god, this is legit fabulastic, mate!
Much hard-work, I wonder if you wrote all of that alone, you owe some reward homie, at-least this deserves and worth to be stickied, good job!

Ross_Gyonson
21st November 2016, 05:31 PM
Good guide mate..

MaxEtotti
21st November 2016, 05:56 PM
Nice. Good guide for new players. Arguably new forum users should be directed to a guide like this once registered to help them get started up seriously.

Chris Sanchez
21st November 2016, 06:00 PM
Oh my god, this is legit fabulastic, mate!
Much hard-work, I wonder if you wrote all of that alone, you owe some reward homie, at-least this deserves and worth to be stickied, good job!

Thanks, and yes I've wrote it all myself.