PDA

View Full Version : Hello Another Gate Question

Jimmy_Webzz
3rd December 2016, 12:11 PM
Hello since there is an interesting question about gates, can i add on. Can we use the gate system as a lift?

Arteaga
3rd December 2016, 12:25 PM
No, when you donate for a gate you just get a gate and nothing else, you have to donate for custom mapping.
Use the correct format next time instead of clicking on Post New Thread.

Pending poster, 24 hours.

J
3rd December 2016, 12:45 PM
Actually, it's very much possible to do so, but you'll encounter bugs such as falling through the gate or even death from time to time, quite risky but still doable. If you could speak to a Mapper or Administrator on where you'd like to have it put to be your 'lift' then they'll give you their opinion, I'm only saying this as I've seen it been done before however it did cause a lot of issues for that said person.

Pending original poster, 48 hours.

Jimmy_Webzz
3rd December 2016, 01:16 PM
Yes i was trying to make something unique, using gates as a lift, an idea never seen before (until jerelle said that he saw someone use the same idea)

Jerelle if you dont mind, where did you see that? i kind of want to know how he implemented his idea

also another question, on gates. Do gates have to strictly follow that it must be the bars type of object?

J
3rd December 2016, 02:20 PM
Yes i was trying to make something unique, using gates as a lift, an idea never seen before (until jerelle said that he saw someone use the same idea)

Jerelle if you dont mind, where did you see that? i kind of want to know how he implemented his idea

also another question, on gates. Do gates have to strictly follow that it must be the bars type of object?

It was in a custom mapping around December last year near my Credit and Commerce bank, I remember the gate getting bugged a lot though but your best bet is to speak with a Mapper as they may not allow it anymore. I've seen some players do it with furniture too, they'd place a gate and roleplay it as a makeshift life where they'd do /furniture and lift the gate up slowly. It's a more unique and cheap way of executing this idea.

As for your next question, I'd speak with a Mapper to verify that as only they're up to date with the latest rules regarding object/gate placement because the rules change quite frequently to my understanding so I wouldn't want to give you false hope.

In a nutshell, you're best sending all of your questions to a Mapper because they'll be able to tell you whether this is possible and whether it's allowed or not. I'd suggest contacting Sean Johnson. I hope this helped you or answered your question.

Pending Original Poster, 48 hours.

Jimmy_Webzz
3rd December 2016, 06:50 PM
Hmm, Answered

J
3rd December 2016, 06:57 PM
Hmm, Answered

Answered!