PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Name Changing

Robicheaux
24th December 2016, 08:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nWDuWyG.png

Hey there, San Andreas Roleplayers!

I'm here with an amazing guide on how to change your name and where to change your name.

First, let's talk about a name change. What is a namechange? A name change is to change your name from one name to another. People cange their names to get rid of their crimes committed (They will still appear in your /stats but not on your MDC profile) so that the police will not arrest them, or they want to apply for a faction. They also change name, if they want, in accordance to the type of the family they're leading or roleplaying in. Like, if my name is Michael Jones and I'm an Itlian mobster in-game, I'll change my name to something like Salvatore Graziano. If I'm a Mexican drug lord and my current name is Salvatore Graziano, I'd change my name to Jorge Lopez.

Who can accept a name-change request? General Administrators or above can accept your name-change request. If there's no GA+ n /admins, it's your bad day.

Now, let's move to the rates of name changes.

Name change for level one (1) to level four (4) is increased 15,000$ per level. For example, if I'm level one and I want to name change, it'll cost me 15,000$. Name change for level two is 30,000$. Level three - 45,000$ and so on. Name changes for people who're level 5 or higher have to pay 50,000$ increase per level. For example, I'll have to pay 300,000$ as a level six. 120,000$ for level 7. 350,000$ level 8. 400,000$ for level 9. 450,000$ for level 10 and the list goes on and on. The money required does not increase per level after level five and there's an increase of 50,000$ per level.

About the location. Many people have problems going to the city hall but worry no more, lads 'cause Lopez is here. If you stand right infront of LSPD and face the garden infront of PD, you look North West, the big building is the City Hall. You have to /enter at the icon and move forward to the computers. You'll see the floating text "/namechange". Stand infront of that floating text and type "/namechange (the name you want) confirm". Remember, you have to add "_" (underscore) between your name.

Map Location:

http://imgur.com/szay3w5.png

In-game Location:

http://imgur.com/ZzFB8eQ.png

Credits: Jorge Lopez for coming up with the idea and making the thread beautiful.
Fraps for allowing me to screenshot because my laptop won't let me do so.

Aaron.
24th December 2016, 09:53 AM
Cool, seems useful for newbies.

Charles Luciano
24th December 2016, 09:56 AM
Cool, seems useful for newbies.

Yep this is useful for newbies.

Nice one mate.

Lord Virus
24th December 2016, 10:42 AM
holy fucking shit! i never knew how to namechange before this will surely help me out, massively!

Sean Johnson
24th December 2016, 11:05 AM
Probies can accept namechanges bro edit that

Wasi
24th December 2016, 11:28 AM
Probies can accept namechanges bro edit that

However you need a Jr+ Admin online to request name change.

Vidojkovic
24th December 2016, 12:10 PM
Not bad, but you could just ask over /newbie and get a fairly simple answer. Plus for effort though..

Robicheaux
25th December 2016, 01:09 AM
Update:

I edited the O.P and fixed the mistakes which occurred and added credits. Now, it's pending a helper to confirm its valadity and further make this guide official.

Chris Sanchez
25th December 2016, 02:58 AM
Update:

I edited the O.P and fixed the mistakes which occurred and added credits. Now, it's pending a helper to confirm its valadity and further make this guide official.

I don't think this guide is worth to be official. Namechanging was never problem or hard.

Crucifix
25th December 2016, 04:49 PM
Namechanging was never a hard thing. But, if someone didn't know this already. I think this guide might help. I love how you worked hard for it though.

ŦŔĔŚĤ
25th December 2016, 08:48 PM
Not bad, but it's easy

Crisitano
26th December 2016, 03:56 AM
Yes it's easy but not easy for Newbies.

Architecture
26th December 2016, 07:41 AM
Yep this is useful for newbies.

Nice one mate.

Yes it's easy but not easy for Newbies.

Newbies don't read the forums anyways. They either use it to post a complaint and never use it again, don't register or the player itself is a ban evader/troll.

Neckk
26th December 2016, 07:58 AM
Good for newbies but i dont think its a hard thing.

Jasper Harrison
5th October 2017, 03:25 AM
useful for newbies.

VoltMeter
5th October 2017, 03:40 AM
I don't think namechanges delete the crimes from your MDC profile anymore. It was mentioned in an update somewhere.

mrpeepee
5th October 2017, 05:59 PM
how do i change my sex

Rev Reigns
5th October 2017, 09:41 PM
I don't think namechanges delete the crimes from your MDC profile anymore. It was mentioned in an update somewhere.

True, it doesn't help anymore, and thumbs up for the hardwork.

Lord Virus
7th October 2017, 04:50 PM
changename.cs?

Koji_Takamato
13th October 2017, 12:35 AM
There are missing some information and it should be edited to make it easier for newbies to understand this very guide. It'll be archived for now, though.