PDA

View Full Version : Computer shuts off and turns back on

Ezi Royal
1st January 2017, 10:43 PM
In-Game Name: Ezi
Date: 02/01/2017
Your Question:
What? Can't a helper ask a question around here ;)

Nah seriously my laptop keeps turning off and back on after about 5 minutes of run time not even running programs, I've tried blowing dust out, what could it be?

Also got an ASUS Laptop with the problem link pasted below as a video.

https://vid.me/Cuht

Gangsta_James
1st January 2017, 10:57 PM
In-Game Name: Ezi
Date: 02/01/2017
Your Question:
What? Can't a helper ask a question around here ;)

Nah seriously my laptop keeps turning off and back on after about 5 minutes of run time not even running programs, I've tried blowing dust out, what could it be?

Because of a lot of programs that keeps your computer slow & sometimes it may lead to B.S.O.D ((Blue Screen Of Death))?

Ezi Royal
1st January 2017, 11:02 PM
Because of a lot of programs that keeps your computer slow & sometimes it may lead to B.S.O.D ((Blue Screen Of Death))?

I don't get the blue screen of death.

Gangsta_James
1st January 2017, 11:05 PM

Just uninstall some of programs that may lead your computer easily shut down by installing some few updates to your laptop or computer..

I've experienced that problem

Jimmy_Webzz
2nd January 2017, 02:30 AM
Alright gonna need a few info on this

1. Download Speccy and post the screenshot (make sure to take the ss while you are playing)
2. Post the ss of your task manager tasks.

Edit: What was one pretty weird video, try using the discard changes option, because using the save changes option will actuall reboot your pc.

Power
2nd January 2017, 03:14 AM
So you can't even get past the setup?

Mando
2nd January 2017, 04:28 AM
I had this problem 2 days ago on my pc it kept restarting What you need to do is get to safe mode and go to Windows system recovery or if you have a extra Windows CD laying around use that one to start it off via CD and click Windows recovery via the CD this wil just recover the system and load you back into Windows you wont lose anything but this fixed the problem for me and it might fix it for you.

#Raiden
2nd January 2017, 04:37 AM
faulty psu could be one reason

Ezi Royal
2nd January 2017, 06:08 AM
So you can't even get past the setup?

Yes

Ezi Royal
2nd January 2017, 06:08 AM
faulty psu could be one reason

What do you recommend buying

Ezi Royal
2nd January 2017, 06:09 AM
I had this problem 2 days ago on my pc it kept restarting What you need to do is get to safe mode and go to Windows system recovery or if you have a extra Windows CD laying around use that one to start it off via CD and click Windows recovery via the CD this wil just recover the system and load you back into Windows you wont lose anything but this fixed the problem for me and it might fix it for you.

I can't press and functions it just goes straight to that

Josh Atwood
2nd January 2017, 06:20 AM

Blue Screen (a.k.a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)) occurs when your system encounters an error and is not able to recover thus switching itself off to prevent further complications and most importantly, loss of data.

From the video you posted, your machine isn't allowing you to get past the BIOS setup and NOT showing you a BSOD

From my experience, I suggest you to head into the BIOS setup and navigate into the "Boot Settings" or related terms, make sure the boot priority is set in the following order;

1st - Optical Disk Drive
2nd - Hard Disk Drive
3rd - Network/USB Drive

Doing so will prioritize booting using the "CD" otherwise known as the Optical Disk Drive. If your system still fails to boot up windows normally here's what I recommend:

If your computer comes with a windows disk, insert it in the drive and try booting, if it works, you will be running windows via the CD and if it runs normally, the problem is your current OS install.

Otherwise, you could have had an HDD failure. Either replace your HDD, or buy a new one. If it is a very old LAPTOP, it's best that you buy a new one as laptop parts are expensive + difficult to replace on your own.

Ezi Royal
2nd January 2017, 09:05 AM
Blue Screen (a.k.a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)) occurs when your system encounters an error and is not able to recover thus switching itself off to prevent further complications and most importantly, loss of data.

From the video you posted, your machine isn't allowing you to get past the BIOS setup and NOT showing you a BSOD

From my experience, I suggest you to head into the BIOS setup and navigate into the "Boot Settings" or related terms, make sure the boot priority is set in the following order;

1st - Optical Disk Drive
2nd - Hard Disk Drive
3rd - Network/USB Drive

Doing so will prioritize booting using the "CD" otherwise known as the Optical Disk Drive. If your system still fails to boot up windows normally here's what I recommend:

If your computer comes with a windows disk, insert it in the drive and try booting, if it works, you will be running windows via the CD and if it runs normally, the problem is your current OS install.

Otherwise, you could have had an HDD failure. Either replace your HDD, or buy a new one. If it is a very old LAPTOP, it's best that you buy a new one as laptop parts are expensive + difficult to replace on your own.

It's a notebook ASUS. I'll give it a shot in the morning

Aaron.
2nd January 2017, 02:27 PM
It's a notebook ASUS. I'll give it a shot in the morning

Pending player - 24 hours for your reply and input.

Sean Johnson
2nd January 2017, 02:34 PM
good excuse to buy something new bro

Mando
2nd January 2017, 05:08 PM
I can't press and functions it just goes straight to that

Try and use a Windows cd and put it in ur pc, then press F12 or whatever the key might be for you to Pick a starting option, in my case I was able to Pick 4 options you have to Pick option number 1 and start you PC via CD it'll then go to a Windows installation Setup and from
There you should be able to Pick a Option Called system recovery hope u got a Windows cd laying somewhere lol

J
2nd January 2017, 05:23 PM
Seems like some good advice has been given, if none of it works I'll try and give you some myself, given the situation I'm going to extend your response time.

Pending original poster, 48 hours.

Ezi Royal
3rd January 2017, 05:58 AM
Nothing worked and I cannot insert a disc as it's a notebook

Cristiano.
3rd January 2017, 06:05 AM
In my opinion there's a PSU problem there, in order to run the computer, just call someone who's working with it or open a thread in a serious forum, as it is not a one.

KingDavid
3rd January 2017, 06:07 AM
Can you post SS of your laptop settings?.
Feel free to PM, I was a PC mechanic so I can help you.

Mando
3rd January 2017, 06:12 AM
Nothing worked and I cannot insert a disc as it's a notebook

I got one more solution then. Get a USB with Windows 7 or 10 whatever you prefer plug it in ur notebook and do the same step over and start the notebook through a USB instead of a CD but u have to start it this time through the USB you would see the same options again and you'll have to Pick The USB option and do a system recovery this is the last idea I came up with and the last solution I hope this Works for you.

Gangsta_James
3rd January 2017, 08:58 AM
I got one more solution then. Get a USB with Windows 7 or 10 whatever you prefer plug it in ur notebook and do the same step over and start the notebook through a USB instead of a CD but u have to start it this time through the USB you would see the same options again and you'll have to Pick The USB option and do a system recovery this is the last idea I came up with and the last solution I hope this Works for you.

Yea.. that's the recommended one to re-install your windows

I prefer that you need 8gb of storage to your USB in order to download windows 7 or 10 to your USB drive

Ezi Royal
3rd January 2017, 09:43 AM
How he fuck am I going to pirate windows when both laptops don't work lmao

Mando
3rd January 2017, 09:58 AM

IDK BRUHHHH borrow it from a friend?,

Ezi Royal
4th January 2017, 03:06 AM
I can't get to the boot options

Mando
5th January 2017, 12:47 PM
I can't get to the boot options

Rest in pepperonies Notebook. Jokes aside what you could try and do is connect an alternative keyboard and try to get to the boot options with that, this works mostly with PC'S but I'm not sure if it could work with a notebook I guess it could be worth a try.

Wickins
5th January 2017, 01:57 PM
Usually this issue occurs when your laptop thermal throttles to a point where it automatically turns off to prevent damage to the CPU. But in this case, it seems quite odd. I doubt the issue is to do with your HDD as this has never occurred to me and I've had many issues relating both PC's and laptops.

Are you using your laptop's battery charge? Remove the battery from the laptop and power it using ONLY the charger. Try and see if it stays on.

J
5th January 2017, 02:25 PM

Let's try and keep the discussion of piracy to a minimum, what I CAN suggest for you though.

*Find a USB of at least 4-8GB, I'd recommend 8 to be safe. > Head to a friend/family members house with an available computer and working internet connection. Download and burn the .iso image onto your USB and head back home with it > you can repair your OS or just do a complete reinstall.

-If you can't find a USB, you'll have to buy one.
-You can either buy the OS (or download it from elsewhere, cannot specify where sadly)

*Purchase an OS DVD online, as well as an external CD Drive (what I use for my netbook) and pop the disc into the CDD and completely overwrite your current OS.

These are some basics things you can try, something even I've had to do in the past at the age of like 13-14. I have my gaming PC and 2 laptops now, so when you do fix this issue I'd suggest investing in another computer or laptop in the future.

Tell me how you get on, under these special circumstances I'm going to give you a good amount of time to try either method.

Pending original poster, 96 hours.

Ezi Royal
6th January 2017, 09:20 PM
Turns out I had a trogen, thanks for the help guys :P

Aaron.
6th January 2017, 09:29 PM
Turns out I had a trogen, thanks for the help guys :P

Fixed ?

Ezi Royal
7th January 2017, 12:57 AM
Fixed ?

Yeppp for now anyway aha just had to install antivirus again.

Gangsta_James
7th January 2017, 02:05 AM
LOL..

Installed some anti-virus & your computer is safe xD

Victor Matteo
7th January 2017, 02:46 AM
Get your laptop to a servicing center. Pending Poster 6 hours.

Clapham
7th January 2017, 01:13 PM
Yeppp for now anyway aha just had to install antivirus again.

Answered.