PDA

View Full Version : Usergroups

Josh Atwood
17th February 2017, 10:35 PM
In-Game Name: Josh Atwood
Date: 18/02/2016
Your Question:
I'll use IA as an exapmle.

Suppose I have the SANG IA usergroup yet I do not have normal SANG UG, will I still be able to access the IA subforum?

Jamie
17th February 2017, 10:53 PM
I believe it depends on how the usergroup is set up permission wise. But I do believe you'll still have access to the subforum. At least it's happened to me a few times

KingDavid
17th February 2017, 11:03 PM
Henderson fixed everything now, IA is private, only IA UG have access, and make sure to apply for both UGs and use IA UG

Pending Player.

Ben
17th February 2017, 11:08 PM
If the particular (IA usergroup) usergroup is separated from the main usergroup (SANG usergroup), then in that case you will not face any problem in accessing it. But if it's connected with the main usergroup in any way then you'll face difficulty in accessing it.

Pending Player 24 hours

Josh Atwood
17th February 2017, 11:34 PM
If the particular (IA usergroup) usergroup is separated from the main usergroup (SANG usergroup), then in that case you will not face any problem in accessing it. But if it's connected with the main usergroup in any way then you'll face difficulty in accessing it.

Pending Player 24 hours

Think of it like this, SANG IA is another usergroup.
To access SANG IA section, you need the SANG IA usergroup.
SANG IA section is found under SANG Database section, you need SANG UG to access the database.

Now, I am wondering if having ONLY the SANG IA UG would allow you to access the SANG IA section even if you do not have the regukar SANG UG. Is that possible?

J
17th February 2017, 11:46 PM
Think of it like this, SANG IA is another usergroup.
To access SANG IA section, you need the SANG IA usergroup.
SANG IA section is found under SANG Database section, you need SANG UG to access the database.

Now, I am wondering if having ONLY the SANG IA UG would allow you to access the SANG IA section even if you do not have the regukar SANG UG. Is that possible?

It's worth attempting yourself if you have the relevant groups, if not we cannot tell you as the forum administrator who creates the usergroup and sections will be the one who knows those said permissions, there's not a lot we can really tell/do you unless we had the usergroups ourselves or administration confirmation. You're best off asking either Kyle Young (experienced however resigned) or Henderson as I assume he's the new assistant forum manager.

I can set this to pending an administrator/forum administrator if you'd like?
For now though, pending player 24 hours.

Josh Atwood
17th February 2017, 11:49 PM
It's worth attempting yourself if you have the relevant groups, if not we cannot tell you as the forum administrator who creates the usergroup and sections will be the one who knows those said permissions, there's not a lot we can really tell/do you unless we had the usergroups ourselves or administration confirmation. You're best off asking either Kyle Young (experienced however resigned) or Henderson as I assume he's the new assistant forum manager.

I can set this to pending an administrator/forum administrator if you'd like?
For now though, pending player 24 hours.

Please do set it to Pending Forum Admin. Thanks.

J
18th February 2017, 10:35 AM
Please do set it to Pending Forum Admin. Thanks.

Will do.,

Pending Administrator.

Henderson
26th February 2017, 12:01 PM
If you have the IA usergroup, you'll be able to see the SANG section as well without having the SANG UG.

If you have the SANG UG, and not the IA UG, then you wont be able to view the IA section.

Hope I've cleared up any speculations.

Aaron.
26th February 2017, 12:04 PM
Pending Player's response now - 24 hours.

Josh Atwood
27th February 2017, 02:20 AM
Answered, thanks guys!

Nazario
27th February 2017, 02:39 AM
Answered, thanks guys!

Answered.