PDA

View Full Version : Skype mutes all background apps

Xavier Malcom
6th June 2017, 06:49 PM
In-Game Name: Cyrus_Maddox
Date: 06/06/2017
Your Question:
When I get a skype notification all sound is muted besides the notification. Then in calls, everything besides the skype call is muted. Any way to fix this?

J
6th June 2017, 08:04 PM
Right click on your volume icon on your taskbar.

Playback devices.

Hit the 'communications' tab on the window that opens up.

Select the option 'Do nothing'.

Apply > Ok.

Should be good now, fixed?

Pending player, 12 hours.

Xavier Malcom
6th June 2017, 08:54 PM
https://image.prntscr.com/image/c430225c0eb040338bc0d45c609161e2.png

I've had it like that for a few hours now. I looked online before posting here. Didn't seem to work.

Richard Graves
6th June 2017, 11:07 PM
Re-install your skype , or Right click on your volume icon on your taskbar.

Playback devices.

Apply > Ok.

Xavier Malcom
7th June 2017, 12:16 AM
Re-install your skype , or Right click on your volume icon on your taskbar.

Playback devices.

Apply > Ok.

I literally just posted a screenshot of doing just that and there weren't any results.

Lord Virus
7th June 2017, 02:43 AM
win10?

Heussaff
7th June 2017, 05:16 AM
Despite Skype's attenuating behaviour, you can still manually unmute other apps after receiving the call. I didn't find any solution to the application automatically reducing the volumes of other apps (it's still a good feature IMO). However, if you would like to adjust the volumes of other apps, this is the common way to do it:

>Right click on the sound icon near the system tray
>Open volume mixer

A window should open and should give you full control over the volumes of other applications and/or mute/unmute them.

Xavier Malcom
7th June 2017, 12:20 PM
win10?

Yup.

Despite Skype's attenuating behaviour, you can still manually unmute other apps after receiving the call. I didn't find any solution to the application automatically reducing the volumes of other apps (it's still a good feature IMO). However, if you would like to adjust the volumes of other apps, this is the common way to do it:

>Right click on the sound icon near the system tray
>Open volume mixer

A window should open and should give you full control over the volumes of other applications and/or mute/unmute them.

I thought the same thing as well. However, there is no result. And it isn't just reducing the volume a little bit, it literally muted all other sounds. I haven't had any problems like this with any other headset. Only started doing it when I installed my new SADES.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/978894eb868e4e52bdb3534b661ff758.png

Lord Virus
7th June 2017, 12:25 PM
Yup.

I thought the same thing as well. However, there is no result. And it isn't just reducing the volume a little bit, it literally muted all other sounds. I haven't had any problems like this with any other headset. Only started doing it when I installed my new SADES.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/978894eb868e4e52bdb3534b661ff758.png

i used to get this issue aswell. couldnt hear anything on ts3. Not sure if there a fix

Xavier Malcom
8th June 2017, 09:15 AM
so im fucked?

Heussaff
8th June 2017, 11:23 AM
so im fucked?

You mentioned it that it hasn't been doing that until you installed some driver. If you are willing to restore your PC, I believe you should give it a go and see if it helps.

For Windows 10/8:

Click on start > Power Button > Hold down the Shift key and click restart.

You should boot into advanced startup, once there, Troubleshoot > System Restore

A window should open and will guide you through the process.

When choosing a restore point, find the time and date when your PC was behaving the way you wanted it to/it used to.

Xavier Malcom
8th June 2017, 01:44 PM
You mentioned it that it hasn't been doing that until you installed some driver. If you are willing to restore your PC, I believe you should give it a go and see if it helps.

For Windows 10/8:

Click on start > Power Button > Hold down the Shift key and click restart.

You should boot into advanced startup, once there, Troubleshoot > System Restore

A window should open and will guide you through the process.

When choosing a restore point, find the time and date when your PC was behaving the way you wanted it to/it used to.

i actually love you

thank you so much it was caused by the updated drivers

solved

The Phoenix
8th June 2017, 02:39 PM
Answered L&A.