PDA

View Full Version : August Development Update

Sparke
31st July 2017, 11:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Y8tj7hK.png

With all of the recent updates to the server (Drug system, fire system, and the weapon system) I'd thought I'd start something new for once and that's getting a routine development update onto the forums. This is to help with the lack of transparency the server has gotten in recent times. The plan of these are to help get the communities involvement on day to day changes.

We have planned changes that are currently undisclosed, and are still being discussed however we currently have other things that will hopefully suffice in replacement for now. One of our biggest priorities currently is providing a fix for the vast amounts of crashing players are currently undergoing. We know there are tons of issues that are currently not resolved however over time we'll hopefully get the server to a some-what completely stable finish.

Another thing the development team has had trouble keeping up is the donated scripting. We currently have no stable way of taking care of these things so I plan to go through and properly change the process of how it's done, and limit the things you can donate for. We also have a lot of outdated code just sitting in the doner scripts which isn't being used so I plan to go through that and hopefully eradicate all existing useless code.

However we do have some announced things that are soon to come. Here's a short but expected list in the near future:

Anti-cheat
Limited ammo
Family updates
Custom damage

We have no set date on when these will start being put into play however just know you can expect them in the near future. We plan on working close with the admin team for these updates to see what is needed first, and what they'd personally like to be in each system.

To wrap up this entire announcement I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has been helping the past (admins, testers, players, etc). We thank you for waiting by this long for fixes on some of these bugs. It's not the easiest of task trying to fix the problems and I appropriate that you guys understand that. The entire end goal of this is to streamline processes, and stabilize the script.

Pea__
31st July 2017, 11:15 AM
But taxi?

Sparke
31st July 2017, 11:19 AM
But taxi?

I'll assign a dev to it now and hopefully it'll be ready for next update.

Chris Sanchez
31st July 2017, 11:21 AM
Sparke on top once again.

Josip
31st July 2017, 11:23 AM
Good luck with all that, but fact is that we had threads and ideas of this sort yet threads were forgotten most of times.

Adams
31st July 2017, 11:25 AM
Augest is a codeword for 'never(?)'

Sparke
31st July 2017, 11:26 AM
Good luck with all that, but fact is that we had threads and ideas of this sort yet threads were forgotten most of times.

I completely agree with you. It's not intentional I assure you that. It's not the easiest being able to sort through tons of threads. We're currently trying to knock out the bigger problems before moving onto the other suggestions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sean Bears
31st July 2017, 11:33 AM
augest ????

Laza Kov
31st July 2017, 11:37 AM
glad that the devs are trying to communicate with the community for once and show what's happening behind the scenes. let's hope this isn't just another empty promise though

Sean Bears
31st July 2017, 11:40 AM

For the love of God, change the hotline to something else! 420 has been my number for about 7 years now bruv!

Max Payne
31st July 2017, 11:42 AM
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, AUGEST, September, cOcKtober, November, December

About the update - excellent work, Sparke.

Melvin Johnson
31st July 2017, 12:07 PM
Add a magazine restocked.

Liker
31st July 2017, 12:08 PM
He meant August, you cockroaches.

Nice stuff incoming, hope the server survives without Darwin.

Sparke
31st July 2017, 12:19 PM
augest ????

I'm artistic sorry.

Nazario
31st July 2017, 12:27 PM
Family updates, gr8.

Carlo Messina
31st July 2017, 01:11 PM
Hope you will improve the server, nice updates btw, i like the families one. Will you add the mechanic faction, not the useless job, one day?

Johnny™
31st July 2017, 01:29 PM
Bring it onnnnn

J
31st July 2017, 01:33 PM
Good looks.

JDanish
31st July 2017, 01:36 PM
Limited ammo

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfQ94BGvNnoJbxpxeEVOAxLEddccyaZ LUkytl6w0QQqzR_y6dQ

Nathan
31st July 2017, 03:08 PM
Bring back points I genuinely think that it would boost the playerbase

Pringle
31st July 2017, 03:10 PM
Thats my boy

Ilyass Kech
31st July 2017, 03:24 PM
give gov /bk lul

JDanish
31st July 2017, 03:38 PM
give gov /bk lul

Because government totally has a button to instantly call cops to their location IRL.

Sammy Bruetti
31st July 2017, 03:50 PM
Where were you all these years

J
31st July 2017, 04:38 PM
Bring back points I genuinely think that it would boost the playerbase

Already in progress, however taking slightly longer than expected.

Lloyd
31st July 2017, 05:19 PM
Turfs >>>>>> Points

Winton
31st July 2017, 05:31 PM
Thank you for your hard works Sparke, we appreciate it.

Petrucci
31st July 2017, 05:37 PM
My script? and all the features we agreed

Panky
31st July 2017, 05:47 PM
Limited ammo is a godsend, if you actually do it.

I can give you some realistic ammo quantity for each gun if needed.

Don Royal
31st July 2017, 05:52 PM
Without sparke, sarp would be dead

good luck

BobLarson
31st July 2017, 11:48 PM
without emily royal, bullshits would be dead.

good luck.

BradPair
1st August 2017, 01:05 AM
without emily royal, bullshits would be dead.

good luck.
Eh man fuck off asslicker

Zack_Xiao
1st August 2017, 01:44 AM
Shit. LIMITED AMMO??? LOL, RIP random shooters.

Lord Marshall
1st August 2017, 04:34 AM
"Limited ammo will be added soon" you've been saying that from ages.

Michael Beneventi
1st August 2017, 04:53 AM
JUST MAKE A REGISTRATION SYSTEM, ROLEPLAY AND OOX KNOWLEDGE - THANKS!

good work

Petrushkin
1st August 2017, 07:45 AM
Remove sprunks!

Gangsta_James
1st August 2017, 08:03 AM
Alright, Good luck for the next Update.

Luka Hawthorne
1st August 2017, 08:20 AM
Not bad, Sparke. Not bad.

Jake_John
1st August 2017, 09:24 AM
We need interest on paydays back.!!!!!

Destiny
1st August 2017, 09:25 AM
Not bad, Sparke. Not bad.

Panky
1st August 2017, 09:32 AM
Fuck off.

Moonbear
1st August 2017, 09:33 AM
"Limited ammo will be added soon" you've been saying that from ages.

"You", so if a previous developer promised you and left does it mean that the new development team is going to as well? No, we are going to do it.

Don't know if you're joking or not but that's stupid.

Hristian
1st August 2017, 09:35 AM
If only this thing happened 2 or 3 years ago, maybe we would be enjoying a larger playerbase today.

Bella
1st August 2017, 10:19 AM
If only this thing happened 2 or 3 years ago, maybe we would be enjoying a larger playerbase today.

You are correct, good luck!

MarcusW
1st August 2017, 11:10 AM
bring back points plz

f !

BobLarson
1st August 2017, 12:34 PM
Eh man fuck off asslicker

nice red bars

Mike Godo !!!! Godoh

Nadeem
1st August 2017, 01:13 PM
Goodluck Development team.

Lord Marshall
1st August 2017, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Moonbear;1959920]"You", so if a previous developer promised you and left does it mean that the new development team is going to as well? No, we are going to do it.
[/qoute]

Well you too said that it'll be implemented soon and nothing happened, anyway my "you" refers to the development team not Sparke.
Hope this time you really mean it, good luck.

Jake_John
1st August 2017, 05:02 PM
Fuck off.

Poor lol

1st August 2017, 07:29 PM
looking DOPE

Keshaun
9th August 2017, 12:38 AM
If there's going to be custom damage does that mean there's going to be less people rolling around with full armour?

Melancani
9th August 2017, 01:12 AM
If there's going to be custom damage does that mean there's going to be less people rolling around with full armour?

It means that full armor won't do anything if you get shot in the head.

SupahLemuel
9th August 2017, 03:29 AM
hopefully this gets implemented, maybe i'll come back.

Petrucci
9th August 2017, 07:53 AM
Remove sprunks!

Easy said when you have access to cheap kevlar and full armory

Petrushkin
9th August 2017, 08:18 AM
Easy said when you have access to cheap kevlar and full armory

What kevlar and armory has to do with HEALTH which is provided from sprunk machines..? When was the last time you saw someone actually using marijuana for health..? No one even bothers having because they know there are shitloads of sprunks, vending machines and food restaurants they can eat/drink from and gain health.

Lance
9th August 2017, 08:40 AM
the real reason why the server's lost a shitload of players and continues doing so is you lot trying to turn sarp into some heavy rp shit, with ideas ripped off lsrp. everything worked since, what, 2008 until you started adding some new vehicle system, drug system and restricting weapons from public

lot of people say YES OMG!!! lets Do that !! and then they dont even play because they realize how shit it is.

Sparke
9th August 2017, 09:11 AM
the real reason why the server's lost a shitload of players and continues doing so is you lot trying to turn sarp into some heavy rp shit, with ideas ripped off lsrp. everything worked since, what, 2008 until you started adding some new vehicle system, drug system and restricting weapons from public

lot of people say YES OMG!!! lets Do that !! and then they dont even play because they realize how shit it is.

1 - The drug system is the exact same but with different names, 1 new drug, and /usedrug instead of /usecrack /usepot (oh and /dropdrug was changed that's all)
2 - The car system was to replace the basic one (even tho I liked the basic one wasnt my choice at the time)
3 - Guns are still accessible by the public

SupahLemuel
9th August 2017, 09:25 AM
1 - The drug system is the exact same but with different names, 1 new drug, and /usedrug instead of /usecrack /usepot (oh and /dropdrug was changed that's all)
2 - The car system was to replace the basic one (even tho I liked the basic one wasnt my choice at the time)
3 - Guns are still accessible by the public

About the drug system, why r there 4 drugs with 0.0 even doe we dont have dem. it should be only what u have, not what you dont have

Sparke
9th August 2017, 09:31 AM
About the drug system, why r there 4 drugs with 0.0 even doe we dont have dem. it should be only what u have, not what you dont have

/drugs was made as a debug /inv is supposed to be used for viewing drugs i just left it in because people said it should stay

Insaner
9th August 2017, 06:00 PM
I think developers main focus should be on Custom damage and a registration quiz/test and a well written tutorial on how to rp in-game.

Jasper Harrison
9th August 2017, 06:39 PM
I think developers main focus should be on Custom damage and a registration quiz/test and a well written tutorial on how to rp in-game.

Yes, agreed.

Mathias
9th August 2017, 11:24 PM

I'm not sure what everyone wants to accomplish with a tutorial/quiz/test. I'm pretty certain that most players that joins knows how to roleplay but they're here to fuck around because that's what the server is seen as: a place to fuck around, including by it's active playerbase, lol.

Jasper Harrison
10th August 2017, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure what everyone wants to accomplish with a tutorial/quiz/test. I'm pretty certain that most players that joins knows how to roleplay but they're here to fuck around because that's what the server is seen as: a place to fuck around, including by it's active playerbase, lol.

Negative, a lot of trollers and newbies join and they can't even RP, they always MG and saying "please give me 50k to buy level 2".

BradPair
10th August 2017, 09:02 AM

Are you sure you are playing SARP?

Mathias
10th August 2017, 02:37 PM
Negative, a lot of trollers and newbies join and they can't even RP, they always MG and saying "please give me 50k to buy level 2".

And you expect them to read and learn from a tutorial, when they won't even respond when you talk to them, but rather keep spamming their "please give me 50k to buy level 2"?

Justin Fakie
11th August 2017, 03:45 AM
Fuck off.

Don't know if you're joking or not but that's stupid.

Many of us have made hundreds of millions from it already. People have roleplayed investment firms that pooled money and made even more. The joke really is on you.

And no, eliminating every way to make money and making everything expensive won't fix that.

Mathias
12th August 2017, 09:06 AM
Many of us have made hundreds of millions from it already. People have roleplayed investment firms that pooled money and made even more. The joke really is on you.

And no, eliminating every way to make money and making everything expensive won't fix that.

well i kinda need around 1 million to level up, do you mind? :smug::smug::smug:

Pea__
22nd August 2017, 08:45 AM

Had my hopes up for next update and honestly am kinda disappointed now.

Lance
22nd August 2017, 09:06 AM
Fuck custom damage. Bad idea.

Username.
22nd August 2017, 09:11 AM
dming is going to be much more fun with custom damage

Picaso
22nd August 2017, 10:14 AM
Limited ammo? Never ever mind telling me wtf is wrong with the taxi job from 2 years that you dont want to open it?

Gangsta_James
22nd August 2017, 10:50 AM
Limited ammo? Never ever mind telling me wtf is wrong with the taxi job from 2 years that you dont want to open it?

LMAO the Taxi Job is not fit for the though since we have a lower player base here.

Gangsta_James
22nd August 2017, 10:52 AM
LMAO the Taxi Job is not fit for the though since we have a lower player base here.

*fit for the Job

Pea__
22nd August 2017, 11:45 AM

You stupid, taxi job would be perfect for server, if you don't like ammount of clients you get you can do another job, but there are people who find the job fun, so don't tell me taxi job is not fit for the job, fuck off you dumb cunt. Also maybe there is connection between lack of players and lack of taxis, ever thought of that? Probably not it would requiere too much thinking capabilities to come to that conclusion, you tard.

Mad Lord Malone
22nd August 2017, 01:23 PM
You stupid, taxi job would be perfect for server, if you don't like ammount of clients you get you can do another job, but there are people who find the job fun, so don't tell me taxi job is not fit for the job, fuck off you dumb cunt. Also maybe there is connection between lack of players and lack of taxis, ever thought of that? Probably not it would requiere too much thinking capabilities to come to that conclusion, you tard.

Taxi job is useless because whenever a taxi is needed they are never online. It's actually faster for people to walk from their location back to LS. Not only that but not every newbie in SARP knows where everything is, they tend to get lost.

Avery
22nd August 2017, 02:37 PM
Doesn't changing /disguise so it only works in a CLOTHES SHOP kinda defeat the purpose? It's used so you can roleplay putting on someone else's clothes...

New updates are cool though.

Lance
22nd August 2017, 02:52 PM
Doesn't changing /disguise so it only works in a CLOTHES SHOP kinda defeat the purpose? It's used so you can roleplay putting on someone else's clothes...

New updates are cool though.

It doesn't even work in a clothes shop, either. Thanks Troy Bradshaw for the brilliant fucking scripting.

It's going to be removed with the next update anyway and will be back to normal.

Jasper Harrison
22nd August 2017, 03:14 PM

Nope, players will abuse fare and farm cash.

Avery
22nd August 2017, 03:20 PM
It doesn't even work in a clothes shop, either. Thanks Troy Bradshaw for the brilliant fucking scripting.

It's going to be removed with the next update anyway and will be back to normal.

"I've just stole your clothes RPly, please wait while I make my way to a clothes shop"

Dionysus
22nd August 2017, 07:49 PM
Applications in order to register to SARP and reset the server.

Poeple with 500m
People used to create mafias and fear people by stealing their cash and more but nowadays people have a gun and shit on everyone
It used to be fun when people spent hours on working for their cash

Pea__
23rd August 2017, 05:54 AM
Nope, players will abuse fare and farm cash.

Ageed. Also remove guns players will abuse them and DM others.

Remove cars players will abuse them and car ram park others.

Remove bodyguard job players will abuse them and heal during gun fights.

Remove detective job people will abuse it and MG other players location.

Dumb fuck.

Vanoss
23rd August 2017, 08:06 AM
Ageed.
Also remove guns players will abuse them and DM others.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Remove cars players will abuse them and car ram park others.

Dumb fuck.

Lol is this guy a fucking retarded?

Pea__
23rd August 2017, 08:29 AM
Lol is this guy a fucking retarded?

I think you are one whose mental state we should be questioning, you imbecile.

Gangsta_James
24th August 2017, 09:05 AM
Ageed. Also remove guns players will abuse them and DM others.

Remove cars players will abuse them and car ram park others.

Dumb fuck.

Nah.. It makes the server go even worst. Think twice before you make a post.

Liker
24th August 2017, 09:44 AM
Nah.. It makes the server go even worst. Think twice before you make a post.

Yall never heard for sarcasm, you fucking camels?