PDA

View Full Version : Mouse freezing/Black screen [Windows XP SP3]

Leszek_Kuzaj
16th July 2012, 02:59 PM
First of all, I'm sorry if this topic appeared before, and I doubled it.

I have the following problem.
When I starts my GTA (v1.0), no matter if it is single player or SAMP, I get mouse freeze or black screen when I try to turn off pause menu (I cannot click anything by mouse), or when I click "return to game", my screen become black and I have to restart my PC (alt+tab doesn't work). Sometimes, instead of black screen, the pause menu turn off normally, but I cannot move my camera by mouse.
Ale this problem appears randomly, which means that once I get black screen, once mouse freezing, once mouse inaction. There's no pattern for this.
Oh, and sometimes (but rare anyway) it works fine. But the more times I turn on my pause menu, a better chance I have to obtain this problem [I'm forced to don't use pause menu at all, actually].

I read on the Internet that it is quite common problem, but noone find a good solution (at least for me). Maybe anyone from here knows it.

Thank you in advance.

Timmy_Jimmy
16th July 2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah this happens to me normally after I alt tab, it is a common bug and yeah it's fucking annoying because every time it happens you have to Ctrl Alt Delete and then close samp and restart.
I am not sure but this is a temporary fix:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

Go in there ^^ and delete the gtasa.set file and try and not to use any mods. This normally works as a temporary fix for me

Leszek_Kuzaj
16th July 2012, 03:19 PM
I was deleting this file already, but after I do that I have to set again all in-game settings. And that's all, nothing happens (I mean, it doesn't help to the described problem).

But thanks, anyway, for your response. Any other ideas?

Michael_Hakachi
16th July 2012, 04:08 PM
Update your graphics card driver, that should fix it make sure you use DriverGenius in order to update it.

Bob
16th July 2012, 05:12 PM
It has nothing to do with a driver.
It happens to me a lot, so when your screen freezes and goes black, you need to Ctrl Alt & Delete - Task Manager and end the task, then reload SAMP.
When you go on pause and your mouse freezes, use the arrow keys to navigate to 'Resume' and press the enter key, this will take you back into the game - unable to use your mouse.
At this point, you simply press 'esc' and on the pause menu, move your mouse down the menu and back to 'Resume' click resume and you will be able to move your camera..
If you need anymore help, PM me.
Regards,
Bob Beats.

Leszek_Kuzaj
17th July 2012, 08:06 AM
As I said before, my graphic card drivers are updated to the last, available version.

@Josh - thanks, I'll try it. It's a bit onerous way, but still thank you. Also, sometimes my mouse works in menu (I mean, it moves), but click doesn't work. And then, indeed, I have to use my keyboard to turn off pause menu. But you didn't mention about black screen - is there any solution for this? Even if it would be onerous, too. Anyway - thanks for your response.

Still, is there any permanent solution? (I don't know, like patch, register modification, system/game trick?)

Dustin Keys
21st July 2012, 01:01 AM
Are you playing in Win7 (I know it says Windows XP SP3 but that could mean thats what you are running the game in). If so, the same thing happens for me and I have found a plugin to fix it. Tell me if you are and Ill upload the plugin.

Leszek_Kuzaj
21st July 2012, 12:02 PM
No, I don't have Win7. My operation system is Windows XP SP3, and by his system I try to play GTA. I don't use any compatibility mode.

Dustin Keys
21st July 2012, 10:37 PM
Well, Ill upload the plugin anyways and just see if it works. Ill edit this then Ive got it.

Leszek_Kuzaj
22nd July 2012, 11:35 AM
Ok, so I'm waiting.
Anyway, if anyone else have any suggestions (even unconfirmed one) how could I fix it, please, say it. I would appreciate that.
Thanks

Dustin Keys
22nd July 2012, 12:45 PM
Sorry for the delay.

Okay so, Ive uploaded the mousefix and the asi loader that is needed to run the plugin. Remember to backup any file that you replace incase it doesn't work. They both go into your normal GTA directory.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/twf0o59crz9hf2s/MouseFix.zip

Dustin Keys
25th July 2012, 05:22 AM
Pending Player for 24 hours before closing this.