PDA

View Full Version : I messed up my files.

DOOM
23rd July 2012, 11:08 AM
Ok, so me and Xavier are on skype and he tries to send me a screenshot. So i clicked it and it didnt work. So, me thinking I was smart or some shit (Fail.) Tried to change the file association of that screen to my photo viewer. Now ALL THE FILES ON MY DESKTOP open with photoviewer, I have no idea what is wrong. Please help.

-Ace

Jayzo
23rd July 2012, 11:26 AM
Right click on the file you want to open > Open with: > and choose the program needed for that file.
I'm not sure, but that may help.
- Jay Dawson.

Brad
23rd July 2012, 11:43 AM
Some people would probably have problems with that too, try right clicking and using open with as Jay said. There might be other suggestions on google. But if this is such a problem, then I would recommend you resetting your computer to an earlier date.

Regards,
Brad!

DOOM
23rd July 2012, 11:55 AM
Jay that didnt work, because "Open With" only does windows files. I need to restore Itunes, skype ETC.

Jayzo
23rd July 2012, 12:55 PM
Try to restore your computer to an earlier date such as yesterday, or the day before.

DOOM
23rd July 2012, 01:16 PM
How would I do that? Dont have a backup image, and this happened a few days ago.

SmithA
23rd July 2012, 01:33 PM
Try troubleshooting the program's, like Right Click ---> Troubleshoot Compability

Timmy_Jimmy
23rd July 2012, 01:37 PM
Try making a new windows user? That may work, see how it goes.

Jayzo
23rd July 2012, 02:08 PM
Try making a new windows user? That may work, see how it goes.
Yeah, this would solve your problem.

ChinŽ
2nd September 2012, 09:56 PM
Remove the shortcuts and create new ones by going into your C: partition > program files > [Program] and right click on then .exe file of the program then copy to desktop.

Second option, go to your control panel > find folder settings > click on "show extension names" or un click "hide extension names". Then simply go to the file and replace the end to .exe .

Good luck mate.

Bob
4th September 2012, 05:35 PM
I suggest opening gta sa userfiles, then go to the SS, right click and hover over 'Open with' then choose from there.

Kash
5th September 2012, 07:53 AM
Answered.