PDA

View Full Version : SAMP freezes as I load it and get IG.

Vinny Meadows
10th September 2012, 07:46 PM
Uh this is pretty stupid lol.
I been having a lot of problems with my GTA recently.
Anyway, I really want to get IG but I'm trying my best although something just isn't right..
So basically this is what happens, I fixed my GTA SA folder and I downloaded SAMP 0.3e and when I run it, it works fine but when it gets IG and goes like:
Connecting to server (IP)...
Connected. (etc..)
THEN AT THIS POINT, it freezes. Literally just freezes, won't even go away when I click X. It freezes my PC and I have to restart each time. Really bugging me how I can't get IG these days. Anyone got suggestions? Please comment if so I really need all the help I can get.
It just freezes when it says "Connected" and this happens with all servers.
Although the singleplayer works fine.

Fook
10th September 2012, 08:17 PM
Well, I'm not expert in these problems but I got something that will maybe help you.

First, do your GTA single player works really very well? Try to play a little bit on the single player and see if it will not freezes too, even if it doesn't have a heavy FPS lag or something like that. If your single player is working very well then it's possible that it's not your computer/video settings.

Second, maybe it's a debug problem, try it:
Go to the folder that you installed SAMP, search for the file "samp_debug", open the file and select the option "Launch Debug", then it'll opens a regular GTA game but without players, only the world, then you close this "GTA", open the SAMP and try connecting in the server again.

Hope that it helped.

Vinny Meadows
10th September 2012, 08:24 PM
Well, I'm not expert in these problems but I got something that will maybe help you.

First, do your GTA single player works really very well? Try to play a little bit on the single player and see if it will not freezes too, even if it doesn't have a heavy FPS lag or something like that. If your single player is working very well then it's possible that it's not your computer/video settings.

Go to the folder that you installed SAMP, search for the file "samp_debug", open the file and select the option "Launch Debug", then it'll opens a regular GTA game but without players, only the world, then you close this "GTA", open the SAMP and try connecting in the server again.

Hope that it helped.
Going to try that, thanks.

Vinny Meadows
10th September 2012, 08:32 PM

Hope that it helped.
Well I just tried singeplayer and I crashed for some reason.. But then when I tried the debug server thing it worked fine, nothing was wrong I didn't crash I got to walk around etc.
Although my SAMP still won't work :/

Fook
10th September 2012, 08:39 PM
Well I just tried singeplayer and I crashed for some reason.. But then when I tried the debug server thing it worked fine, nothing was wrong I didn't crash I got to walk around etc.
Although my SAMP still won't work :/

1.When do you crash while in the single player? At the start or after playing a little bit? Does it get FPS lag before to crash?

2. After you played a little bit at the debug, do you closed it and then tried the SAMP again?

Vinny Meadows
10th September 2012, 08:45 PM
1.When do you crash while in the single player? At the start or after playing a little bit? Does it get FPS lag before to crash?

2. After you played a little bit at the debug, do you closed it and then tried the SAMP again?

1. My GTA Single Player crashed when I press "Load Game" and then loaded my game, it crashed straight away.

2. Yes, It still won't work.

Fook
10th September 2012, 08:56 PM
1. My GTA Single Player crashed when I press "Load Game" and then loaded my game, it crashed straight away.

2. Yes, It still won't work.

Alright, try removing this file "gta_sa.set" from your "GTA San Andreas User File", it will maybe work, sometimes it's a reason for random crashes as it's where it's saved your game settings, whenever you delete it, it'll recreate with the original settings.

If it doesn't work, delete your whole GTA folder which is at "My Computer --> files and programs" and then unnistal your GTA and re-install it, along with the SAMP.

DeeJones
10th September 2012, 10:06 PM
Ummm try reinstalling it or remove your mods i belive that should work brah :)

SmithA
10th September 2012, 10:43 PM
1. Clean GTA Files, no mods at all. Make sure, you delete the GTA Files and then re-extract it to your desktop.
2. Make sure single player works, if it doesn't then there could be a possible chance into not having SAMP work.
3. If the GTA is version 2, download the version 1 patch and downgrade it to version 1.
4. SAMP 0.3e is the current SAMP, get a working one from www.sa-mp.com
5. Also, a small note. Make sure the GTA Files you have are working and vaild files.

Luke Shiels
11th September 2012, 02:45 AM
GPU Drivers? Have you updated them recently? If so, try to downgrade to an older driver. OR try what Akira posted, that seems like it might help.

Pending poster to see any updates.

Panky
11th September 2012, 05:22 AM
GTA SA does not actually requires any good GPU's. I've run GTA SA on Intel GMA 3500 and it works fine (Outdated too). It might be because he messed up during modding.

P.S: Kamronbek, are you still downloading the 'Models' folder?

Hyder
11th September 2012, 08:29 AM
I think some Hud mods caused that.
Just re-install Gta sa and try to play..
And if you're going to install mods then install one by one, like.. Install 1 mod and go IG and test it, and then keep doing that.
Didn't read other answers... xD

Kash
12th September 2012, 06:34 AM
Going to assume that you have your answer, locked and archived.