PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Improvement of your Role-play || Author: Elvira Walker

McClain.
14th September 2012, 09:06 PM
Improvement of role-play- Guide of Elvira Walker

Dear Friends,

This is my first guide which might help our new players to get started and correct usage of terms. After reading this guide, your role-play will be improved and you may be able to role-play as an ordinary citizen, a police officer or whatever you like to, it's just all about your imaginations. I'll start with the basic terms of role-play and their correct usage.

The basic terms

Role-play:-

The first question comes in mind, what actually role-play is? What do you mean by role-play? The correct definition of role-play is all the stuff and things you do in the real life is called role-play. Suppose, you're a pizza boy in the real life, what would be your job? Your job would be to deliver pizzas. You'll do the same over here, you'll deliver pizzas to earn money.

Still not clear? No problem. For example, Ethan Rodricaz is walking and Destiney Rodricaz met with Ethan in the real life, they introduce themselves and they became friends. Similarly, if you're walking over here and you met a person, you introduce yourself and you became friends. That's what role-play is.

In the real life, you speak with your mouth but over here, there are commands which helps you to communicate with each other. There are two basic commands of role-play and they are:

• /me
• /do

And now what /me is, right? /me is basically a command of role-play which helps you to accomplish any kind of task which you may be able to do in the real life. Suppose if a person demanded for a glass of water in the real life, you'll simply go to the kitchen and bring a glass of water for that specific person, right? How will you do it over here? Of course! With the help of /me to perform that task. If a person demands for a glass of water over here, you'll simply walk towards the kitchen and get a glass of water for that person with the help of /me.

An example of /me:

/me walks towards the kitchen and gets a glass of water.

Simple as that.

Now let's head down to the " /do " command, you may say that /me is useless without /do. /do is basically for the surrounding environment and all the stuff you're doing. It's also used for successful movements which will be explained in the next terms.

An example of /do:

/me kicks the door strongly.

/do The door has been opened because I kicked the door strongly.

** REMINDER: YOU MAYN'T MIX /ME WITH /DO AND /DO WITH /ME. **

Do you still have some doubts & confusion about role-play and its correct usage? Post in the thread with your confusions.

The end of role-play term

Death-matching:-

The modern definition of death-matching is killing a person without any proper and appropriate reason. You may be imprisoned by the administration team for death-matching a person. The first question comes in mind that in the real life, we can kill people and it'd be considered as " crime " but why the administration team would prison us for death-matching as it is possible in the real life?

Well, there are some rules & regulations for our server. Death-matching is forbidden because the person you're death-matching has done nothing wrong with you and it's not a good impression so that's the reason why the administration team has restricted his movement. Are you still not clear? Further explanation is written below.

For example, if I'm walking around and you randomly appear and saying that yesterday you've stolen my cat and afterwards you murder me. That's an invalid reason, even though I've stolen your cat but it doesn't mean that you'll murder me, just compare it to in real life.

Another example:

Suppose if I'm driving and I accidentally hit your bonnet, you exit your car and started to beat me. Yet, you'll beat me but not murder me, therefore murdering a person if the person has hit your car is also known as death-matching.

The end of death-matching term

Kill on Sight:

The correct definition of Kill on Sight is killing a person just because you hate the person or killing anyone as soon you see the person. There's no much difference in death-matching & Kill on Sight because in both terms, it's considered as invalid reasons. Yet, if you've some doubts about Kill on Sight, you may post in this thread.

The end of Kill on Sight term

In-Character:-

In-Character is basically everything about your character in the game, your character may be a lawyer, a judge, a police officer, an ordinary citizen and many more. In-Character is basically everything about your game's life and about the city or town you're living in. You mayn't discuss about commands in the In-Character chat. The In-Character chat is also referred to as the normal chat which we can open with the help of button " T " in the game.

You mayn't discuss about the administration team as it's Out-of-Character. Out-of-Character term will be explained after this term. Just keep in mind that In-Character is all about your character and about the city or town you're living in and about its agencies, organizations, government departments etc.

The end of In-Character term

Out-of-Character:-

Out-of-Character is basically to discuss everything. It includes; the game you're playing, the administration team, forum, Ventrilo and everything which is or isn't related to your character. You may discuss each and everything in the Out-of-Character chat. The administrators have chosen a special command for this chat, which is /b. You're allowed to discuss anything you want to in the Out-of-Character chat.

An example of the Out-of-Character chat:

/b Hey, man. Come to my home IRL.

/b Hey, buddy. I hate this administrator, do you like him / her or not?

The end of the Out-of-Character term

Meta-game:

Meta-game is mixing Out-of-Character information with In-Character and use of shortcuts and smileys in the normal chat.

For example, if a person tells you that there is a police officer behind this wall and planning to arrest you in the Out-of-Character chat (which is /b) and the information is valid. You're not allowed to go behind the wall and check whether there's a police officer to arrest you or not and you're not allowed to even touch that police officer either because you got the information in the Out-of-Character chat, you got the information but not your character. As long as the person doesn't tell you valid information in the In-Character chat, you're not suppose to even touch that police officer.

The administration team has made a rule that you're not allowed to use smileys and shortcuts in the normal chat which looks unprofessional.

For example, you're not allowed to use shortcuts like " Hi, how r u? " "R u coming to home or wht? " "Thank you very much. :D " " I love u. :) "

I hope it's clear now. You're allowed to use smileys and shortcuts if you want to message someone with the help of your mobile phone as people do it in the real life. You're not allowed to use shortcuts & smileys because it looks very unprofessional and indecent.

The end of meta-game term

Power-game:-

Power-game is basically to forcing someone in the role-play or doing unrealistic things which aren't possible in the real life.

For example, you're kicking someone with the help of /me, you must use /do for the opponent's response.

An example of power-gaming:

/me kicks Ralph.

/do Success or Fail?

Now you're questioning the opponent that I kicked you by using /me, was it successful or unsuccessful? If the opponent replies:

/do Fail.

Then you'll ask for the reason why my kick was fail and if the opponent got a valid reason for example:

/do I crouched down and you were unable to kick me.

Then it's okay and you may continue your role-play but if the opponent has got invalid reason like unrealistic stuff and unrealistic kind of jumping, then it will be automatically successful.

Another example of power-gaming:

/me kicks John and he flies to France.

In real life, it's not possible, therefore it's considered as power-gaming.

The end of Power-game term

Short forms of the terms:

- Role-play | RP
- Death-match | DM
- Kill on Sight | KoS
- In-Character | IC
- Out-of-Character | OOC
- Meta-game | MG
- Power-game | PG

I hope that you enjoyed this guide, have a nice day and post in this thread for any queries!

Justin Fakie
14th September 2012, 10:04 PM
You like... just came out of nowhere and you have a gang up and running+a clean RP guide. Not sure about the sticky thing, but this looks pretty cool. Good job :)

McClain.
14th September 2012, 10:11 PM
You like... just came out of nowhere and you have a gang up and running+a clean RP guide. Not sure about the sticky thing, but this looks pretty cool. Good job :)

Thank you sir. You can ask Walter all about me. I told him everything I am.

DeeJones
15th September 2012, 10:16 AM
Well i think MG should only be allowed in /sms Only! because IRL people send like shortcuts like "Lol" "Lmao" etc and they also send smiley faces so i don't know my opinion they should let MG trough /sms only

Nutsak
15th September 2012, 04:46 PM

this person has obviously been here for a while

Justin Fakie
15th September 2012, 07:43 PM
this person has obviously been here for a while

Well, whether they did or not, I mean come/come back and do this stuff right away..