PDA

View Full Version : Help! What is spam?

Lana Del Rey
8th October 2012, 03:59 PM
How do you know if something is counted as spam? What happens when you "spam" a thread?

Jules Winnfield
8th October 2012, 04:00 PM
Posting multiple post for no reason in a thread thats not the spam thread

Kupcho
8th October 2012, 04:09 PM
spam/spam/
Noun:
A canned meat product made mainly from ham.

In your question:

is the creating of messages that are advertisements, abusive, or otherwise unwanted on Internet forums

Vinny Meadows
8th October 2012, 04:16 PM
Lana, Spam means random irrelevant things that people post over and over and over multiple times in a row.
You shouldn't spam in any thread unless it's a "Spam" thread. I suggest you to not spam as much as you can because people don't like it.
There's another meaning to Spam and that means if you go in game and you spam someone, for example spamming is like if I /sms your number and do this:
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
Haha Lana fails
and I do it really fast without stopping. It's annoying right?
That's also considered spamming and is heavily punishable.
If you need any more help or info, just reply what you want to know or PM me.

John Wahl
8th October 2012, 04:19 PM
Laura, Your question is quite simple.

Spam is the action of writing the same thing in different posts, 4 consequtive times without a 10 second gap between each of the messages. It can also be a very similar version of the same message, but there has to be a delay in it.

Hedge_Hog
9th October 2012, 12:08 AM
How do you know if something is counted as spam? What happens when you "spam" a thread?

1. Spam is sometimes used to describe something meaningless that contributes nothing.

2. Spam most likely means posting a lot of things in a short amount of time to the point of annoyance.

Basically if you repetitively repeat stuff on a thread then you're spamming. 4 back to back posts is pretty much spamming a thread.

If you're putting up useless, off topic stuff on forums to troll then you're spamming. If you're just copying and pasting random stories (About jackets, etc.) into General Discussion threads daily then you're spamming.

That's spam in a nutshell, if you want a better description then please give more details.

Lana Del Rey
9th October 2012, 02:44 AM
What I meant was that, is there a consiquence of "spamming" a thread?

Luka Hawthorne
9th October 2012, 02:47 AM
Spam means this: Lana
LanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLa naLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLanaLana LanaLanaLanaLanaLana constnatly copy+past'ing the same thing in 1 second. Or doing it like this:
Lana
Lana
Lana
Lana
Lana
Lana
Lana
Lana
Lana

The above was for in-game spam example.

Forum spam example:

Damn, it looks cool!
Damn, it looks cool!
Damn, it looks cool!
Damn, it looks cool!
Damn, it looks cool!
Damn, it looks cool!

The above for forum spam example means that you post the same thing every minute (every minute, not second cuz you gotta wait for the post reload time)

Ryan Crowley
9th October 2012, 06:27 AM
To the guy above me, please don't repeat answered questions, especially when the poster has changed the question.

Lana, spamming posts that aren't in the spam section may get you an infraction. I think it's like 3 infractions = forum banned, although they can expire.

On more serious case (spamming way beyond a joke) you may even get forum banned. (may depend on what you spam also)

Zack_Rocha
9th October 2012, 07:00 PM
Answered, I guess?

Kash
10th October 2012, 06:46 AM
Zach, we're here to look after the threads, your post was irrelevant. I'll report you next time, if I saw any of your lame post here in this section in order to increase your post counts.
Move to archives.