PDA

View Full Version : If you're good with computers, click this shit.

Vinny Meadows
9th October 2012, 08:52 PM
Hi all.
This isn't really game related but thought I would post it in here.
Anyway, anyone know how to properly reset a computer?
Like take every single program off except for like whatever..
Like, it will remove all your games/pics/etc.
Not like your important PC programs, just the things you actually downloaded.

Fook
9th October 2012, 09:20 PM
Dear player,
1.If you have your original windows/linux CD, you can reset it yourself, there's a option that reset everything, you can google for more information related to it.
2. There isn't another way to reset it completely by resting only the original prgrams, if you can't do it yourself (1), you need to contact someone who does it for you and he will do it. (You will need to pay for it, but it's more secure than using prgrams or reseting it yourself.)
3. If you really just want to reset the things that you downloaded (which is the same as reseting your computer like the options above.), you will need to do it manually, excluding each prgrams that you downloaded and it's folder, that's why I sugges tthe opinions 1 and 2 and you can restart all from zero.

Best regards,
Community Helper Fook.

Donbot™
9th October 2012, 09:22 PM
If you just want to delete a random program u installed. You can go to control panel --> programs --> uninstall a program

Vinny Meadows
9th October 2012, 09:31 PM
If you just want to delete a random program u installed. You can go to control panel --> programs --> uninstall a program

i know that -.-

Vinny Meadows
9th October 2012, 09:33 PM
Dear player,
1.If you have your original windows/linux CD, you can reset it yourself, there's a option that reset everything, you can google for more information related to it.
2. There isn't another way to reset it completely by resting only the original prgrams, if you can't do it yourself (1), you need to contact someone who does it for you and he will do it. (You will need to pay for it, but it's more secure than using prgrams or reseting it yourself.)
3. If you really just want to reset the things that you downloaded (which is the same as reseting your computer like the options above.), you will need to do it manually, excluding each prgrams that you downloaded and it's folder, that's why I sugges tthe opinions 1 and 2 and you can restart all from zero.

Best regards,
Community Helper Fook.

Wow, seems like a lot of help man.
But if I reset it manually from the option, will EVERY SINGLE program be gone from my PC? Or just the ones that I downloaded and shit, like games, toolbars, gaming programs (such as STEAM etc) and shit like that

Xealyth
9th October 2012, 10:46 PM
Just take all the programs you want to keep on a seprate hard drive, external, usb, etc, and just format your hard drive.
If you format, every single file from that hard drive will be lost, so... I suggest just reinstalling OS or something. Why do you even want to do this?

Vinny Meadows
9th October 2012, 10:51 PM
Just take all the programs you want to keep on a seprate hard drive, external, usb, etc, and just format your hard drive.
If you format, every single file from that hard drive will be lost, so... I suggest just reinstalling OS or something. Why do you even want to do this?

Messed up story, anyway never mind. I won't do this lol.
Thanks for the info tho, might come in handy one day.

John Wahl
9th October 2012, 11:16 PM
Try the windows restore option if you are operating on windows. I hear that can reset your computer back to date of purchase.

Kash
10th October 2012, 06:43 AM
Try what the players posted above, and still you have any doubt or don't feel good with the suggestions mentioned above, then just simply post your question on yahoo, google, or where ever you want. I'm sure you'll get the best answer there as you wrote above, this isn't a game related question.
Answered, move to archives.