PDA

View Full Version : Computer Reset related

Luka Hawthorne
9th October 2012, 11:57 PM
Hello, I wanted to ask a question related to PC reseting. Sorry, I know I'm not supposed to ask such a question, but since I need some help and no one else can answer me instead of the members of SARP, lemme ask you: If I request my PC to be reseted without the games deleted, could my PC be clean and have no viruses: I mean no bugs and it won't freeze and shit, you know "CLEAN" So?

Donbot™
10th October 2012, 12:04 AM
As long as ur games and OS are on the same hard drive, you shouldn't have any problem. For your own safety, i suggest you to call your OS producer for the best answer

Luka Hawthorne
10th October 2012, 01:33 AM
What do you mean by "OS on my same hard drive"? Yes, OS will be the same.

Jack
10th October 2012, 02:42 AM
Update the security of your computer regular.
Also do an scan of your entire computer each 2/3 weeks.
+ if you want to have a fast computer I'd reccommand and so does Microsft re-install windows each 6 months to keep full speed

Edit : Make sure you have 2 partitions
1 : System (where the operation system is located)
2 : Data (Where you can install games , safe files etc)

Luka Hawthorne
10th October 2012, 02:59 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure about re-installing my Windows every six months, but I'm down to scan it regularly. Well, I'mma bring the PC to an expert, so he can re-install it, but will my computer stay safe and 'clean' if you get me?

Jack
10th October 2012, 03:17 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure about re-installing my Windows every six months, but I'm down to scan it regularly. Well, I'mma bring the PC to an expert, so he can re-install it, but will my computer stay safe and 'clean' if you get me?

The computer will be clean and safe , just update it regular

Chin®
10th October 2012, 03:45 AM
Just run a few tests to speed it up. Here are a few options.

1. Use regedit to delete leftovers from previous installed programs
2. Use disk defrag to defrag files
3. Use Disk space to remove old/non-usable files.
4. Run 'chkdsk /r' in cmd prompt
5. As Jack said regularly scan your computer, weekly is recommended.
6. Keep your PC up to date with the latest driver/security updates.
7. Remove non-used programs.

And of course common sence, don't rapidly click on "next" when installing a program. Usually they come with 3 others, so instead of 1 you installed 3 at once.

If you wish to re-install your pc just make a back-up of your games either online or on an external device.

Kash
10th October 2012, 06:40 AM
Re-opened upon request.

Luka Hawthorne
10th October 2012, 12:31 PM
Chin, what do you mean by "Backup of my games in the internet" How can you do that? And do you have to downlad it again? If yes, I will not to it, because it'll take time and when I re-install my computer, I'm willing to play SARP immediately. Ah and one more question, some retards that tried to fix my PC added the old version of my OS (XP) Now my PC has XP and Win7, but I don't choose XP OS system when's the PC's starting and I choose Win7. Do you think that old OS which is installed on my PC is affecting my PC?

Ayan.
10th October 2012, 12:57 PM
As you know that when you format or reset a PC your main drive i.e the system drive ,gets deleted with all the things in it.
I would suggest you to back the folder "Rockstar games" in any external source like Pen Drive ,hard disks or any other ,once you get the OS installed((use torrentz for best one)) copy the folder from external source and paste it in your system drive ((Program files)), also make sure you have some antivirus installed ((updated one ,again use torrentz for that)) , and one more thing always delete the temporary files from your system((a good tool is CCleaner )) .
That's all I can tell ,and I believe you will run the game normally.

Vitto Rizzi
10th October 2012, 01:41 PM
If your computer is full of unwanted stuff, then just back up all your things you want: (pictues, schoolwork, configs, and so on). Games can be redownloaded and so on.
Anyways, just Format your computer. Even if you try to use alot of programs which can help, still wont get rid of unwanted things. Format is the best way, to just delete everything and start again. If you formated, try to keep a regular system check, EG: Defrags, CCleaner every week(must), uncheck unneeded startup items on MSCONFIG and so on. Also, use Spybot nor Malwarebytes anti malware every week.
I dont think that a anti-virus is needed, if you dont download alot of torrents and dont click like: "You just won 5564486485 dollars, congradulations!". Just keep a open mind of viruses and stuff.

Luka Hawthorne
10th October 2012, 11:45 PM
Sure, thanks for the answer, but I also want to know if the old OS on my PC (somehow them retards fucked my PC) is affecting my Win7? Cuz I have another XP installed on the PC and it's terrible.

Ayan.
11th October 2012, 02:33 AM
You mean that you have installed 2 OS on your system? If that so I would suggest you to uninstall one of them and use only one for the best performance and security.

Luka Hawthorne
11th October 2012, 03:14 AM
Well brah, I don't know how to uninstall the 2nd OS, any idea?

Ayan.
11th October 2012, 03:37 AM
I need to know whether you have installed Win7 and XP in the same drive or other?
If different drive then do this : 1st login into XP. right click into my computer -> properties -> advanced -> startup & recovery -> settings -> default operating system -> edit. it will open a notepad. in there u just select the whole path of the Xp & delete it. save it & restart the PC.You will then not be asked to select OS and then just format the whole drive manually from the system where you installed XP.
Waiting for Reply.

Luka Hawthorne
11th October 2012, 10:53 AM
Ayans, I will try it, but I'm worried if my PC will get fucked if I go into that Windows. By the way: Could you be more specific towards people with bad english? I don't really understand you though. I understood the part where you need to delete everything inside the notepad from my Win XP OS, but format it? What do you mean? Can you explain it more simple?

Ayan.
11th October 2012, 12:35 PM
I meant to say that when you do the things above then you can manually format the drive in which XP is installed ((ex: "Your drive where XP is installed">>Right click>>Format)) ,then the drive will be formatted and only one OS((Win7)) will be there in your system.

For example if you have two drives C and D,in C>>Win7 installed ,D>>XP installed,so as I stated above when you do what the things I told in notepad ,then you can restart the PC and right click on D drive((XP is installed there)) and then click on "format", it will be formatted.
Waiting for Reply

Luka Hawthorne
11th October 2012, 01:20 PM
Well, I want to ask if something will happen if I go into my second OS. It might be bugged or something, as I got no information of it.

Ayan.
11th October 2012, 04:30 PM
No thing will happen to it ,you can even remove it and use only Win7 ,your system speed will increase and game will also work fine.

Kash
14th October 2012, 02:21 AM
Inactive, moved to archives.

Luka Hawthorne
14th October 2012, 07:20 AM
Gonna try it now.

Luka Hawthorne
14th October 2012, 08:37 AM
Well, I just tried entering "Earlier version of my Windows", but it's just a black screen, but nothing. Does anyone know what am I supposed to do?

Kash
15th October 2012, 04:49 AM
As most of our players gave you all possible suggestions, but as still any of it doesn't helped you, I feel sorry about it, I'd like you to contact professionals reply to your problem, and as you know there are a lot of websites which are ready to help you 24/7, i.e: Yahoo, Google, etc.
But I'm not going to lock this for now as some further up-coming suggestions may help you.

Kash
16th October 2012, 01:03 PM
Inactive, moved to archives.