PDA

View Full Version : What is considered Server Advertising?

Kofi_Mensah
10th October 2012, 11:45 AM
If i want to talk with a friend about another server. How do i go about that?

Is it server advertising if im just having a discussion about another server on somebodys wall?
is it alright to talk about other servers through PM?. Was just wondering since dont want to get banned for it.

Im not here trying to SA. Been a Loyal player and all that, but i should be able to discuss whatever with my firends right?

Enrique
10th October 2012, 11:52 AM
I'd suggest you to do it whenever other people can't see that, otherwise it'll be considered as SA, if you wanan talk with you friend about other server? no problemito.. PM him or use Skype/MSN/Twiter/FB or whatever.

Hedge_Hog
10th October 2012, 12:00 PM
1. Always censor part of the server when discussing it if you can't avoid using the server's name. SARP = S*RP or S**P. It's even better if you can describe the server without using any server name or identification like "The server I went on had this scripting there".

2. Make sure never to post any IP address other than SARP related IP's.

3. You can make comparisons between SARP and other servers and can criticize other servers.

4. However, as soon as you start criticizing SARP and complimenting the other server you're entering dangerous waters. Try to avoid entering those waters or try to put in things like "But I'm loyal to SARP and we should stay here" just to be cautious. Whether or not you get punished for this is completely dependent on what the individual admin thinks.

5. Never talk about joining or going to another server via SARP's communications like the forums, IG, Teamspeak, etc.

Hyder
10th October 2012, 12:03 PM
I'd say, don't use any thing which is from SARP ( Example; /sms or PMs on forums ), to discuss about another servers.

Kash
10th October 2012, 12:21 PM
Answered, drop me a PM if you still have any problem related to this question.