PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Creative Roleplay

zKinG
4th November 2012, 08:12 PM
Warning: please only read this if you want to improve and commit to making your RP more creative, and enjoyable

Creative Roleplay

Introduction
The reason I decided to create this tutorial is because I am simply getting sick of the consistent robbing, even though I have not been robbed in over a few days I have seen other people rob. Now in real life the general public does not rob people, therefore it should not be like that in a roleplay server, so this tutorial/guide will help you improve your roleplay by being more creative.

Emotions
A lot of people come into SARP to be the person they are not in real life ( no disrespect intended ) and they want to be a badass which you see in the movies, or on TV. Well it is not TV or the movies that you should base your life on, it is real life, there are many situations that a normal person would be scared in, NOT only when a person is holding a gun to your face, It could be when someone is RP'ly bigger than you, or if they are frustrated, if your character has a fear of it, ect. There are much more emotions you need to focus on, such as fear, respect, disrespect, happy, sad, ect..

How to create better roleplay
-Criminals
As a criminal do not always just rob people, or shoot people. You might want to just buy some weed and role a blunt in your hood for once, or slowly drive by a rival's hood to disrespect them.
-Civilians
As a Civilian you should properly work a job and market your services, that can include setting up posters around town, fully roleplaying taxi fares, or mechanical duties people WILL tip because of RP in a lot of cases, I have given alot of money as a IC tip to people who have properly done there job with full roleplay.

Conflict
While in conflict don't be so quick to draw your weapon, try to properly talk your way out of it as you would in real life, or if your character is angered, try to roleplay fist fighting him, that can include using your surroundings, such as chairs and more...

More is to come, hope you like it..

Clemenza
4th November 2012, 08:29 PM
Looks good so far, this will really help lot of players. About 2 days ago i had some enjoyable RP with some dude, we crashed against each other (just the doors were smashed though), we started to argue in the street, and this took to a fully RP'ed fist fight right infront of the newbie spawn. :)

zKinG
4th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Looks good so far, this will really help lot of players. About 2 days ago i had some enjoyable RP with some dude, we crashed against each other (just the doors were smashed though), we started to argue in the street, and this took to a fully RP'ed fist fight right infront of the newbie spawn. :)

Thank you for your response, and good to see someone is roleplaying properly!

Alvaro Armarti
4th November 2012, 11:34 PM
Well, Their are a lot of Roleplay guides. It is getting to the point where I don't even want to read them anymore.But Good guide ((Only red the first line))

zKinG
4th November 2012, 11:45 PM
Well, Their are a lot of Roleplay guides. It is getting to the point where I don't even want to read them anymore.But Good guide ((Only red the first line))

Haha, well thank you-.. this is not a simple roleplay guide. It is actually useful in my opinion

Cartorious.
5th November 2012, 02:27 AM
Bro, there are a lot of guides about Roleplay , I read its and its very nice.

Jake Bryers
5th November 2012, 06:04 AM
It's short, But it's pretty helpful. And i agree with you to the fact that they only rob people, Seldomly they do other badass roleplay's like throwing chairs and etc. , Love the guide and i will Thank for this post. Expecting for more to come ! ~Jakey!

Enrique
5th November 2012, 01:34 PM
Agreed all the wannabe "gangsters" IG who're just a little white kid behind a screen who thinks he's god should read this.
Good job.

DOOM
5th November 2012, 04:43 PM
Making this guess completely out on a whim, and based on some information from the guide, I'm going to explain a bit more, but I'm assuming "them" is black RPers?

1. I agree there's more to being a gangster than robbing people.
2. In real life, most gangsters don't have 9-5 jobs to support themselves. So they can get money by doing illegal activities, one of which, easiest in my opinion, is robbing. Scare the guy, take what he has, it becomes yours.
3. The "riding around in enemy hoods" shit wouldn't happen, because you'd get chased down, shot, and killed. Trust me.
4. RPing fist fights and such is a good element to RP, but it seems you kinda typed this up when you were mad, and just wanted to make a subliminal message to a certain group of people. I respect you for doing it this way, instead of all the other various racist ass ways I can think of. But yeah, that's my 2 cents.

Brad
5th November 2012, 04:44 PM
I personally don't think this is very good because you stated people want to act like they do in movies and shit and not like themselves IRL... What about the factions? They create huge effect on things, factions such as the Hitman Agency.
I'm grateful for the attempted help though. Keep it up.

MistaCrowley
5th November 2012, 04:45 PM
Nothing new, same thing as every other "hao 2 RP" guide.

zKinG
5th November 2012, 05:19 PM
oops double post.

zKinG
5th November 2012, 05:20 PM
I personally don't think this is very good because you stated people want to act like they do in movies and shit and not like themselves IRL... What about the factions? They create huge effect on things, factions such as the Hitman Agency.
I'm grateful for the attempted help though. Keep it up.

That made no sense, how does hitman agency convert to the discussion about movies, I'm saying don't try to learn how to rp shit like that out of movies, movies dont always portray fear and such realistically.

Criss Mclarean
6th November 2012, 06:03 AM
Not that Good but still not that bad tho :)

McRoyal
6th November 2012, 08:55 AM
Helpfull guide friend.

Jorge
6th November 2012, 09:45 AM
It's good, this will help some new players.

Klash
6th November 2012, 09:55 AM
i like the Conflict part tho..

Che Guevara
5th December 2012, 12:19 PM
looks good.
good tut.

Vinny Meadows
5th December 2012, 12:41 PM
Meh, it's alright.
Good effort into actually making a guide though.
Try adding some SS's with examples and shit, etc.

Jackie_Mcgurg
5th December 2012, 02:17 PM
Good Job.

Todd Stark
6th December 2012, 06:09 AM
Some part of it is the-same, i thank you for your effort :)