PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial on "How to rp ...for newbies"

James_Gonton
15th November 2012, 06:42 AM
First of all you need to get together Icly
Use /call if you know his number Icly or use /wt and pick a location dont just use /f because/f is ooc and meeting Icly is IC
when he comes chat a little don't just /pay and /give gun.When rping u can use animation to make the rp scene look even more realistic..
ex.You:Hey Joey wassup where you've been?
Joey:Ah was chillin' round the block,Chu' dig?
/me extends his right hand offering Joey friendly handshake
/do do i succed?
Joey:/do S
Then use animation /shakehand id (1-6)

IC stands for IN CHARACTER this is what your character does and says you cant use OOC or Out of character in in character chat

OOC or OUT OF CHARACTER is the things you see with the brackets ex.((what u doing tomorow)).It is something that has no connections with your character or IC

When you mix those two things it turns too MG

MG is mixing IC information with OOC. Saying something like "U,lol,rofl,g2g" in IC.

List of things How to do and How not to do.

How to do correctly.((Color))

How not to do.((Color)).

You see an advertisment saying "Selling toys" and see the number on the advertisment.Then use /call [Number in the advertisment],He tells you where to meet or oposite.You get there, he ask's you or you ask him for the price,he has to rp pulling the gun out from his back or if it is a small type of gun from pants or something like that,and he has to rp giving it to you...You rp taking out the cash and giving to him. And then on the end of all that /pay and /give.

You see an advertisment saying "Selling Ak-47" call him saying"I WANT TO BUY THE GUN FROM YOU PLS GIVE IT TO ME".You get together you say to him in IC "/sellgun" and spam it.He /sellgun to you and you just /pay him without no RP what so ever.You go somewhere someone says something bad to you and you DM him.

DM means deathmatching or killing a player without a good RP reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/me puts his both hands in both pockets - searching for something
/me pulls out a key from his right pocket - extending his right hand - puting the key in the lock
/do ~Key is in the lock~
/me twists the key to the left side
/do ~ You hear the sound of something being Locked/Unlocked~

/me hahaha i cant belive that hahaha u are a nub

here is the video how to combine all the animations,roleplay and chat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=11rflSxGJXs

SPECIAL THANKS TO CARLY (frapsed) and KEVEN(Helped me with rp since i couldn't do it my self)

http://i.imgur.com/uUYNO8z.png
Appeal this decision by Calv (http://http://www.gta-sarp.com/forums/member.php?27024-Calv)

Todd Stark
15th November 2012, 06:45 AM
Nice guide, James.

James_Gonton
15th November 2012, 06:46 AM
thanks..

Cartorious.
15th November 2012, 06:51 AM
Not bad nigga but add more its need to look very helpfully.

Batman.
15th November 2012, 12:18 PM
Good guide,add to the ends of the link :) (put 'o' behind ])

Kim
15th November 2012, 12:54 PM
I find this hard to understand if I were a newbie

Jacob_John_McLaern
15th November 2012, 01:03 PM
This isn't enough. If I was a newbie, I wouldn't understand it. Put more in it, make a video and photos. Not /do S *DERP DERP DERP*.

I would say it's 3/10.

Put more in it. It's really bad. Sorry, and you should make MG post, how not to MG (You MGed where I was and killed me.) not a RP one, you can't RP... Sorry bro.

James_Gonton
15th November 2012, 03:22 PM
Jacob shut up i put the video -.-

James_Gonton
15th November 2012, 03:36 PM
and here isnt for Dm compliants this is a tutorial for newbies

Jacob_John_McLaern
15th November 2012, 04:46 PM
OOC flaming/insult is not allowed.

No you even agreed you're a DMer.. No wonder why Momo has put a FC on you... Just saying...

John Wahl
15th November 2012, 05:40 PM
this guide is very unorganized and nooby unfriendly. It doesn't even describe what ICly means...I mean at least use the damn full version of the word, noobies have to learn what IC and OOC are before they can learn.

James_Gonton
15th November 2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for reminding me to put what ic is i will edit it as soon,as i get to my laptop

Mausi Homeland
15th November 2012, 06:03 PM
seems so empty, should add more work in it James

Hanna
15th November 2012, 06:35 PM
I agree with everyone. You should put what does ICly & OOCly means, add some roleplay screenshots, post a link of SARP rules they shouldn't break, link of dealership tutorial and describe how to RP buying a car, link of job tutorial and describe how to RP their job ....aaaand then it would be perfect! (:

Vinny Meadows
15th November 2012, 06:45 PM
Good try, but try harder ;]
Needs more effort man.

Hopsin
15th November 2012, 07:08 PM
yes!11 now i cen rp so much bettr now!11

James_Gonton
16th November 2012, 05:43 PM
There is a video lol i dont need screen shots

James_Gonton
16th November 2012, 06:34 PM
Edited the tutorial

James_Gonton
17th November 2012, 05:49 PM
edited it lol i think for the last time ... i have put a lot of things in and i think it will help newbies from now on

Jorge
17th November 2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I think that guide would help.. a bit.

Jay Westwood
17th November 2012, 07:14 PM
Not bad mayne but the newbies will learn how to RP before join the forums.Anyways good job.

Criss Mclarean
18th November 2012, 01:17 AM
Like it.

James_Gonton
21st November 2012, 06:34 PM
I don't get it why some players just keep hating me,i just made this video to help and they just like "You don't know to roleplay you are a noob" accualy players saying this are the noobs.

Oh yea and im a raper :D | look down on my sig.

Zennor_Lock
21st November 2012, 11:20 PM
Told a few noobs to go to this, they say it helped them out! So thanks for that pal!

Jack
22nd November 2012, 04:14 AM
I don't get it why some players just keep hating me,i just made this video to help and they just like "You don't know to roleplay you are a noob" accualy players saying this are the noobs.

Oh yea and im a raper :D | look down on my sig.

Are you a raper? well look out for the cops then as they are always looking to catch rapists

James_Gonton
22nd November 2012, 05:39 AM
Haha :D no lol that was trolling xD im called J.G. too IG haha

Jared_Dawson
27th April 2013, 06:56 PM
Nice guide for newbies! Good work.